Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU: News on casting, articles/reviews on show(not speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    I expect it'll be Chloe and Young...Or, should I say, I HOPE it'll be them.
    I'm extremely curious as to who they'll find to play Young
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      The whole "thrust into command before he's ready" thing makes me think of Sheppard. And makes me think what the hell happens to Young... Maybe Young never leaves the ship and this Scott fellow will be the leader of the team going on planets...Hmmm, all this speculation will make my head explode.
      Wow, that is creepy. I had just posted the same thing on my LJ. I think Young is toast before the pilot is over and Sheppard, I mean, Nash, or Scott, or whoever...Scott, takes command. Deja vu...

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
        I know, but something this big deserves its own thread. The news thread is a bit of a mess.
        A mess? Them's fighting words! Yes, there's chatter there but it's easier to find it in one place. There were so many threads created for SGA news it got insane. I was hoping to avoid it in SGU

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Wow, that is creepy. I had just posted the same thing on my LJ. I think Young is toast before the pilot is over and Sheppard, I mean, Nash, or Scott, or whoever...Scott, takes command. Deja vu...
          I hope not, I thought the potential power struggle between Rush, Young, and the IOA Rep. sounded really interesting. I hope it is a constant plot thread. If Young was the base commander at the base they were previously stationed, then he probably didn't go on a lot of "away missions." Perhaps it will be the same on the Destiny. Maybe Scott is "thrust" into a leadership role because a lot of the officers between Scott and Young are killed...
          sigpic
          FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
            I hope not, I thought the potential power struggle between Rush, Young, and the IOA Rep. sounded really interesting. I hope it is a constant plot thread. If Young was the base commander at the base they were previously stationed, then he probably didn't go on a lot of "away missions." Perhaps it will be the same on the Destiny. Maybe Scott is "thrust" into a leadership role because a lot of the officers between Scott and Young are killed...
            thats what I'm thinking, his forced into commanding the flagship exploratory team if there is such a team on the show.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Damn, I was just about to go to bed when this pops up. Now I want to find out the other two.

And I'm disappointed that everyone has had a name change. I liked the original names.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                Damn, I was just about to go to bed when this pops up. Now I want to find out the other two.

And I'm disappointed that everyone has had a name change. I liked the original names.
                I'm still annoyed that they changed Chloes surname

I do think Scott works better as a name than Nash though personnally.
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

A mess? Them's fighting words! Yes, there's chatter there but it's easier to find it in one place. There were so many threads created for SGA news it got insane. I was hoping to avoid it in SGU
                  So is the news thread for news only, or news and discussions on them?

Because I'm betting it's just the former. Well, this thread gives us a place to discuss the news without cluttering it all up in the news thread. There's going to be a lot more news; it'll foolish to discuss all of it in one thread.

No idea who these people are; hopefully they'll be good! What's this about four cast members though? Only 2 have been released (plus RC).

EDIT: Oh, well, nevermind on the thread things. I still think that this is a mistake; so much for a central hub of news. This is no different from the regular Stargate Universe Discussion thread. Someone posts a bit of news, people discuss it, and anyone who wish to find the actual news will have to dig through dozens of random discussion posts.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Because I'm betting it's just the former. Well, this thread gives us a place to discuss the news without cluttering it all up in the news thread. There's going to be a lot more news; it'll foolish to discuss all of it in one thread.

No idea who these people are; hopefully they'll be good! What's this about four cast members though? Only 2 have been released (plus RC).

EDIT: Oh, well, nevermind on the thread things. I still think that this is a mistake; so much for a central hub of news. This is no different from the regular Stargate Universe Discussion thread. Someone posts a bit of news, people discuss it, and anyone who wish to find the actual news will have to dig through dozens of random discussion posts.
                    A press release with all four is being released tomorrow... the two we know have been released from other sites

Comment

Why was my thread moved here? Carlyle gets dozens of his own threads, Scalzi got a thread. Why can't these cast announcement get a thread to discuss the characters and actors?
                      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Apparently, SciFi or MGM announced that they'll be releasing the names of 4 cast members, through different media outlets and then one announcement with all of them...

Comment

Final 2 casting news. Young and Greer.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Stargate...e-1001692.aspx
                          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Right, thanks guys! I actually read the Gateworld article after posting that.

Spoilers for Universe...

Spoiler:
                            Young ain't dying that soon; he's in Episode 10 by JM's admission

Comment

It all part of advertisement for the series, if each news outfit thinks it getting a exclusive they will slap it on the front page of the site to attract visitors.
                              Which also reach the widest possible audience.

It would not surprise me if they did ARG for the show to.

Comment

Yay, no "Psycho".

Comment

Working...
                                X