Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU: News on casting, articles/reviews on show(not speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
    Anyone know who these people are auditioning for?
    I'm guessing that Sebastian is auditioning for the hunky 'every girl's dream' part, while Brandon Hardesty is audioning for the geek/slacker.

I don't have much worry about acting ability, as usually the auditions do weed out the 'meh' ones. I'm more concerned about the writing

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      I'm guessing that Sebastian is auditioning for the hunky 'every girl's dream' part, while Brandon Hardesty is audioning for the geek/slacker.

I don't have much worry about acting ability, as usually the auditions do weed out the 'meh' ones. I'm more concerned about the writing
      I've always been a fan about their actor/actress choices to... even characters that I don't particularly like, Valla for example, I think that Claudia was probably the best Valla with reguards to how Valla was written. I hope they continue to impress me with their choices.
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I have faith in TPTB to make good casting decisions. I mean, the entire main cast of SG-1 and Atlantis were great, and there's been very few guest stars I havn't liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
          I have faith in TPTB to make good casting decisions. I mean, the entire main cast of SG-1 and Atlantis were great, and there's been very few guest stars I havn't liked.
          I don't have quite so much faith as there's one that was completely mis-cast for a main role on Atlantis. And its done a good job of ruining the show for me. But, it doesn't mean I won't give SGU a shot when it aires.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            I don't have quite so much faith as there's one that was completely mis-cast for a main role on Atlantis. And its done a good job of ruining the show for me. But, it doesn't mean I won't give SGU a shot when it aires.
            Out of interest, who are you referring to?

Comment

SGU: VFX department seeks Senior Maya Fluids/Particle Artist:

At VFX Talk Forum:

The Stargate Universe VFX department is looking for a Senior Maya Fluids/Particle Artist

We are located on the Stargate Universe lot (Bridge Studios) in BC, Canada

Requirements:

- A Minimum of 3 years vfx experience working on episodic television and/or feature films.
              - Expert Level knowledge of Maya Particles/Fluids and Metal Ray required
              - Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
              - Comfortable with firm deadlines
              - Creative problem solving skills
              - Comfortable creating elements for both full CG and live action shots
              - Generalist 3D skills are a big bonus

This is a full time in-house position starting Feb 2009. It will run approximately 11 months with the possibility of renewal.

we offer:
              Regular Hours
              Paid Overtime
              A kitchen full of snacks, food and drink
              Trips to set
              Direct contact with Producers and Visual Effects Supervisors
              A relaxed team oriented environment

Salary based on experience.

Links to online reels and portfolios can be sent to universevfx [at] gmail.com. Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line.

DVD reels ans resumes can be sent to:

Stargate Universe
              Visual Effects Department
              The Bridge Studios
              2400 Boundary Road
              Burnaby, BC
              V5M 3Z3
              Canada

no phone calls please

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I too have a lot of faith in TPTB. For the most part, anyways.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

JM said on his Jan 7th blog

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

More news on the casting front. We have our Scott and Stasiak! Official press release to come!

--so, those two are cast. Um, that's uh, er, Scott, can't recall - the hunk? and the other one, the marine?

Joebags writes: “So word on the street says SGU PTB have hired a 20 year old Canadian Idol reject as one of their stars.”
                  Answer: Really? I also heard that ground rhino horn increases your libido. Fascinating.

First, the guy was auditioning, second, he's 25, maybe 26, not 20

Comment

Out of interest, who are you referring to?
                    I've given you your answer on your message wall. It doesn't pertain to SGU so I don't want to start a huge discussion about this SGA character here.

Casting seems to be going quickly for SGU. I hope they announce the names soon. I'm hoping for a diverse cast, not necessarily all Canadian actors with your token Brit
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I thought this was quite interesting: From an interview with Rob Picardo for Pop Culture Zoo. Thanks to Morjana for the original link: http://popculturezoo.com/archives/1746

PCZ: Would you be interested in reprising the role of Woolsey for guest spots on Stagate Universe?

RP: I have already been approached by producer Brad Wright and I told him I would be delighted to do the show. Thus far, no feelers have gone out to Dick Cheney (who will very shortly be on permanent availability).
                      I wonder if he could be in 'Air' just like Daniel and Jack were in 'Rising'.
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                        I thought this was quite interesting: From an interview with Rob Picardo for Pop Culture Zoo. Thanks to Morjana for the original link: http://popculturezoo.com/archives/1746

I wonder if he could be in 'Air' just like Daniel and Jack were in 'Rising'.
                        I'm hoping they don't fall back on that old chestnut of using actors from shows they no longer have a use for (aka cancelled) just to draw in the viewers. Although I love the SGa/SG1 characters, I don't want to see them demoted to being 'stuntcast' on SGu.

Let SGU sink or swim on its own merits. Said that about SGA but they kept shoving in SG1 people.

Comment

I'm hoping they don't fall back on that old chestnut of using actors from shows they no longer have a use for (aka cancelled) just to draw in the viewers. Although I love the SGa/SG1 characters, I don't want to see them demoted to being 'stuntcast' on SGu.

Let SGU sink or swim on its own merits. Said that about SGA but they kept shoving in SG1 people.
                          A guest star in an episode or 2 won't change the outcome of the show sinking or swimming. I think its cool when there are crossovers, it gives it the feel of one big story where everything relates. Instead of 3 seperate regular old TV shows.
                          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Going for RP in the premiere would be a nice suprise, I was expecting Jack, Daniel or Sam. BUt I suppose there could still be room for them too, especially if it is still a 3-part opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                              A guest star in an episode or 2 won't change the outcome of the show sinking or swimming. I think its cool when there are crossovers, it gives it the feel of one big story where everything relates. Instead of 3 seperate regular old TV shows.
                              A problem with crossovers is that how will it impact the movies? If SG1 and SGA movies are totally independent of each other, then there's no worry, and honestly, my biggest problem with 'stuntcasting' is that usually that character doesn't do much more than stand around and give a few lines (or lame jokes, as in Jack's case, alas).

But, stuntcasting is still a crutch to boost ratings

Comment

A problem with crossovers is that how will it impact the movies? If SG1 and SGA movies are totally independent of each other, then there's no worry, and honestly, my biggest problem with 'stuntcasting' is that usually that character doesn't do much more than stand around and give a few lines (or lame jokes, as in Jack's case, alas).

But, stuntcasting is still a crutch to boost ratings
                                I don't see the stunt casting as the crutch. I see the selling out of mainstream character driven drama of young edgy characters as the crutch to boost ratings
                                BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Comment

Working...
                                X