Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

threads like this are kinda funny!! i think its great to speculate to who mite be cast (its always fun to see if your right) but people never take into consideration if a actor has a good stable job. Do any of you think that for example Boreanaz or McKidd would give up their current jobs starin in network shows to appear on the sci-fi channel??

Comment

Avery Brooks would be awesome, but the guy is 60 years old- I would hope that he would be more than a colonel by that point. Now, if we're going to stick to Star Trek, I would love to see Alexander Siddig on tv again! It would be like the lovely accent show!
      sigpic

Comment

Madwelshboy - this is more of a 'if the sky's the limit'' kind of thread than a what might actually be possible' one: our fantasies rather than realities.

Alexander Siddiq - oh yeah! He'd not be able to play Young though, I just don't see him as 'military'.

you know if we're going the whole fantasy route, what about Kurt Russel to play Young?
        sigpic

Comment

That would bring the Stargate franchise full circle, wouldn't it?

Imagine Young meeting O'Neill. That'd be epic.

Comment

How about James Spader, we could have fun imagining that he is not Daniel Jackson in the latest incarnation of Stargate!

Or even have Gary Sinise, enough of him being on CSI, let him come and be handsome on Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
              Sean Connery would be incredibly amazingly awesomely wicked cool. But I am 96.85841% sure that wouldn't happen. I would like to see Elisha Cuthbert or Justin Hartley, I think he would be a great Young, but he is a little older than they wanted.
              i'm 100% sure it wouldn't happen

zooey deschanel.... she'd be great in it...
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

oh if we're snagging actors from other shows, then I'm sticking with David Tennant

Oh oh oh oh I just had a great thought - well for me anyway. The utterly droolicious (and he can act too!) Gary Dourdan. Is he doing anything since leaving CSI Vegas?
                sigpic

Comment

If we're going for more brits: Gene Hunt! I mean Philip Glennister for Everrett Young.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

YES YES YES YES! Now I want to start a Philip Glenister for SGU campaign!
                    sigpic

Comment

Joshua Jackson and John Noble wouldn't that be great? but to bad, they already doin' a tv show...damn.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        How about James Spader, we could have fun imagining that he is not Daniel Jackson in the latest incarnation of Stargate!

Or even have Gary Sinise, enough of him being on CSI, let him come and be handsome on Stargate!
                        You know James Spader is available now that Boston Legal has ended. He could be looking for another steady gig.

Worth a try...
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

You know James Spader is available now that Boston Legal has ended. He could be looking for another steady gig
                          Ohh, James Spader, definitely.

But maybe instead of reaching for amazing actors they should go the whole hog and confirm fan fears about SG:90210 by casting someone like Mischa Barton or anyone from a CW show.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                            Sean Connery would be incredibly amazingly awesomely wicked cool. But I am 96.85841% sure that wouldn't happen. I would like to see Elisha Cuthbert or Justin Hartley, I think he would be a great Young, but he is a little older than they wanted.
                            no offence but, he is a horrible actor... just cause he's sexy dosn't make him good.

how about Patrick Currie, and in my dreams Currie Graham or even John Cusack would be wonderful. but I'll wait and see who they cast

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                              oh if we're snagging actors from other shows, then I'm sticking with David Tennant

Oh oh oh oh I just had a great thought - well for me anyway. The utterly droolicious (and he can act too!) Gary Dourdan. Is he doing anything since leaving CSI Vegas?
                              I do like that thought! Those eyes! Could also kidnap George Eads while we're at it!

Comment

I have read that they want a big name for Colonel Young. So will be interesting to see who is cast
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X