This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I like short, meaningful titles... but I think "Air" is a bit... no. "Rising" worked because it was about Atlantis rising. I don't see the connection here.
    That would be because the episode hasn't aired yet.....
    sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Well, they are going for a BSG feel right?

Air, sounds kind of artsy/dramatic/full of symbolism...right?
      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        That would be because the episode hasn't aired yet.....
        No. I got the Atlantis connection before it aired (I mean, it's the lost, sunken city... so naturally it would rise up).
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
          Air, sounds kind of artsy/dramatic/full of symbolism...right?
          This is Stargate, dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            This is Stargate, dear.
            *smacks head*

My mistake!

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

No. I got the Atlantis connection before it aired (I mean, it's the lost, sunken city... so naturally it would rise up).
              But we don't know anything about what's happening in the premiere yet. Wait until then to see if you can or can't make a connection.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              This is Stargate, dear.
              Even BSG wasn't deep with their episode titles. "33" literally referred to the number of minutes between jumps. "Water" referred to...well...the need for water.

Not exactly symbolic...
              sigpic

Comment

Even BSG wasn't deep with their episode titles. "33" literally referred to the number of minutes between jumps. "Water" referred to...well...the need for water.

Not exactly symbolic...
                And Exodus referred to...an exodus.

Does that mean that Air refers to....Air?

I think that Star Trek:TOS season three had some of the best titles for their episodes. When I read the titles off the little booklet it was like poetry!

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                  And Exodus referred to...an exodus.

Does that mean that Air refers to....Air?

I think that Star Trek:TOS season three had some of the best titles for their episodes. When I read the titles off the little booklet it was like poetry!
                  Babylon 5 had some amazing titles, too. Stargate's generally seem to lack for me...
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

"Air"? Certainly an interesting title choice.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Babylon 5 had some amazing titles, too. Stargate's generally seem to lack for me...
                      They're not bad, just really, really literal and a little boring IMO.

Edit: Sometimes though they've had good titles, I liked "There But For the Grace of God", "The Defiant One", "One False Step", "Forever in a Day", "Line in the Sand", "Poisoning the Well"

They're not Poetic, but at least they're interesting and...not so literal.
                      Last edited by GateofDOOM; 05 December 2008, 08:02 PM.

GADZOOKS

Comment

I think they really tried with "Be All My Sins Remembered".

I think they tried so hard, they broke something.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think they tried to come up with more interesting names for Atlantis but it didn't really work.

Pro SGU
                          / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

It does make me think of Avatar: The Airbender....good thing or bad thing?
                            Greatest thing. Duh.

Comment

But we don't know anything about what's happening in the premiere yet. Wait until then to see if you can or can't make a connection.

Not exactly symbolic...
                              Well, using BSG's 'Water' as a basis, SGU's 'Air' may refer to the need for air on the Destiny when the team gets trapped on board, since if no one's been on the ship in centuries it's likely the life support is pretty wonky.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                Well, using BSG's 'Water' as a basis, SGU's 'Air' may refer to the need for air on the Destiny when the team gets trapped on board, since if no one's been on the ship in centuries it's likely the life support is pretty wonky.
                                Which would be a "Rising" redux....

Pardon me while I contain my enthusiasm.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X