X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    Why Air though?

Maybe there's little on the ship, and they have to clamber to... find some... more...
    They called it Air as a template name I bet. I doubt the final name will be air. If it will be, then I suggest it change.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Are they though? From everything I've read it sounds like the people who reach the ships don't go there on purpose...
      true..... but its a cool name and given what we know so far it could be made to work
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I don't know if I wish to speculate on this show. I will definitely be "watching" it.
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Oh, it's certainly unexpected. A lot of people, me included, thought it'd be named "Destiny" or some derivative thereof.
          :: snort :: Please, no.

I like "Air". It's short, it's sweet, it's presumably metaphorical for something.

Honestly, I don't really care what it's called. I just want it to be good.

It does make me think of Avatar: The Airbender....good thing or bad thing?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            :: snort :: Please, no.

I like "Air". It's short, it's sweet, it's presumably metaphorical for something.

It does make me think of Avatar: The Airbender....good thing or bad thing?
            That is absolutely the most important thing
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Here is my speculation, I see two ways of this going down.
              1) The "team" somehow accidently use the 9th chevron, which ends up being a security type feature, to gate to the ship which is floating in space. Similar to the atlantis expedition, they arrive with no lights, no power, and they soon find out, no air scrubbers. Again similarly to SGA, they have only hours to find out how to activate the system and save themselves, accidently activating the entire system, the ship quickly jumps away to another galaxy. The team encounter their enemy and have a battle which appears to be hopeless and they meet an alien or galaxy local which joins the team.

OR **fingers crossed**

2) The team is a ragtag bunch on an exploration team in the rocky mountains. They enter a cavern that collapses and they are forced to move further into the mountain. They hopelessly wander deeper and deeper until they come across a ship. Figuring it is their only way out, they activate the ship, only to find it takes flight and leaves orbit for a distant galaxy. Once exiting hyperspace the ship begins scanning the planet and provides a report for the team, while trying to make sense of the report they are attacked. A band of space pirates has detected their hyperspace window and begun to attack. The team tries to fight back but in their feeble attempts to activate weapons they activate the ships AI. After a brief battle they defeat the space pirates with help from the AI, but soon detect there are many more ships on the way. The ship quickly makes a jump and begins scanning the new planet they arrive to, and so begins our journey.

Comment

Oh, it's you again.

As bad as the name made be (everytime 'Destiny' comes up I wanna vomit), I agree with this.

It does make me think of Avatar: The Airbender?
                What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  What's that?
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Oh, it's you again.
                    ....I love you too.

As bad as the name made be (everytime 'Destiny' comes up I wanna vomit), I agree with this.
                    Well, I'm glad it's not "Destiny" of all things. That would have just been.....bad is putting it mildly.

What's that?
                    sigpic

Comment

....I love you too.
                      I was talking about PG

I know nothing of that show before the links you guys gave me, but judging by what I see it fits with the 'younger' audience they speak of.

Comment

I was talking about PG
                        I know.

Thus the .....

I know nothing of that show before the links you guys gave me, but judging by what I see it fits with the 'younger' audience they speak of.
                        Avatar is actually quite enjoyable. The mythology and application certain Eastern traditions are interesting if nothing else.
                        sigpic

Comment

Knowing TPTB the title is probably something really obscure and they are throwing us something that will most likely change in the future just to keep us at least a little bit interested in the show.

(oh noes, I think the cynicism is getting to me)

But aside from this, I think it's a good title. Short, simple and (slightly) strange.

Pro SGU
                          / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

Maybe it's the air in their heads.

Comment

Maybe it's the air in their heads.

Pro SGU
                              / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

I like short, meaningful titles... but I think "Air" is a bit... no. "Rising" worked because it was about Atlantis rising. I don't see the connection here.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X