This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    So you have a link?? they could be refering to the original sides for Tamara Johanson, Eli Hitchcock, and Jared Nash which were from previous Stargate scripts and have been somewhat modified for the auditions. The article above dosent state anything silmilar in reagards to these sides, but just mentions that it dose not reflect actual story points, but just gives a feel for the characters.
    http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...t-snippet.html

Maybe you're right. This is what I was thinking of. But I see the link for it has already been posted above me.

Comment

Two of the sides had potential, but this one is appalling:
      In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator. Eli tries to comfort her, saying that the only person who really cares for what happens to him is his mother. They are both scared being trapped on the ship, but can’t deny the excitement of it all. They also realize that using the communications devices to live out their lives is not right and in Eli’s words, “screwed up”.
      What the Hell? Great. We're supposed to be able to identify with these people? Which part--the immaturity, the unethical behavior, or the stupidity? This Chloe character is simply unbelievably cliched and bad. I don't get it. I just don't get it... And how the heck do they have the kind of access that allows them time to play with alien technology in such an utterly brain-dead way? I find myself fondly imagining a scene where Daniel does a guest spot as the senior member of the SGC who finds out what Chloe is doing, tells her exactly why that is a Bad Idea, in no uncertain terms, and gets the both of them fired--Chloe, for being an idiot, and Eli, for not reporting the idiocy. OMG...

Comment

it's even worse than I thought
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

It all sounds really good...EXCEPT for this Chloe character. She just sounds retarded and annoying.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post

What the Hell? Great. We're supposed to be able to identify with these people? Which part--the immaturity, the unethical behavior, or the stupidity? This Chloe character is simply unbelievably cliched and bad. I don't get it. I just don't get it... And how the heck do they have the kind of access that allows them time to play with alien technology in such an utterly brain-dead way? I find myself fondly imagining a scene where Daniel does a guest spot as the senior member of the SGC who finds out what Chloe is doing, tells her exactly why that is a Bad Idea, in no uncertain terms, and gets the both of them fired--Chloe, for being an idiot, and Eli, for not reporting the idiocy. OMG...
            I was just about to say the same thing :/

Comment

How do we know they are 'playing' with it? How do you know the context of the situation? It even shows at the end of the side that they agree that it is not the right thing to do.

Watch it and see what happens. If it is immature and braindead, then all power to you, stop watching and say 'I told you so'. But we don't know the context of this

Comment

How do we know they are 'playing' with it? How do you know the context of the situation? It even shows at the end of the side that they agree that it is not the right thing to do.

Watch it and see what happens. If it is immature and braindead, then all power to you, stop watching and say 'I told you so'. But we don't know the context of this
                The side specifies that she decides to do this, not that it is an accident, so there is no way that it cannot be braindead. There is no context for her to listen in on her former friends on purpose that is not inappropriate, or does not involve non-sanctioned use of the equipment. Note that I am not saying that all the character sides are appalling. I'm saying that this one is.

Comment

The side specifies that she decides to do this, not that it is an accident, so there is no way that it cannot be braindead. There is no context for her to listen in on her former friends on purpose that is not inappropriate, or does not involve non-sanctioned use of the equipment. Note that I am not saying that all the character sides are appalling. I'm saying that this one is.
                  But the side doesnt say when this happens, why she decided to she needed to know what her friends thought of her, or if she even knew the full extent of using the technology in such a way.

Im amazed that you cant see how this could actually give the character depth, and make her interesting.

Personally I think it sounds good so far. Not fantastic, but that mainly cause I have questions still running around in my head.

What I want to see more of now is set development... im itching to see what they've come up with for the series.

Comment

But the side doesnt say when this happens, why she decided to she needed to know what her friends thought of her,
                    My point is that there is no valid excuse. An eight year old knows that spying is unacceptable.

Im amazed that you cant see how this could actually give the character depth, and make her interesting.
                    Well, that tells me, doesn't it? If someone doesn't agree with you, by all means, go for condescension... That is certain to make your point.

Comment

Wow. Am I the only one who thought it was kind of awesome that Chlöe learns about how her "friends" truly feel about her in this manner? I mean, it would be cliché if the whole show has such moments in it...it would get old really fast! But once or twice I find awesome.
                      sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Wow. Am I the only one who thought it was kind of awesome that Chlöe learns about how her "friends" truly feel about her in this manner? I mean, it would be cliché if the whole show has such moments in it...it would get old really fast! But once or twice I find awesome.
                        Well, she is at the SGC-the posting of the best and brightest, not community college. One would hope that she couldn't get through high school without knowing better than this, but to get to the SGC? That's just wrong in so many ways...

Comment

Chlöe is an Ivy-League party girl. Nowhere in her character description did it say she was a member of the SGC.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delynn View Post
                            Chlöe is an Ivy-League party girl. Nowhere in her character description did it say she was a member of the SGC.
                            Then why the hell is she there....?
                            There's no mention of anything other than the fact she's a spoilt brat teen...

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
                              Maybe TnA?

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
                                From the casting call:
                                Chloe Carpenter
                                20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either. Politically and socially savvy. Dreams of following in her father's footsteps but for now she's a bit of a party girl in her first year at an Ivy League school. Her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship seriously tests her character. SERIES REGULAR;

My theory? She was taking a "three hour cruise" of the galaxy, courtesy of her late father, when something went terribly wrong
                                Last edited by Delynn; 30 November 2008, 09:54 PM. Reason: meant "cruise" not tour... but you get the picture...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X