Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the word from Stargate Solutions is that the crew will be able to communicate with Earth the same way that Daniel and Vala did with the Ori Galaxy in season 9.

Why would people be so averse to someone from SG-1 or SGA appearing, especially if it's in a way related to ^this^? It doesn't mean Carter/McKay/Jack/Daniel/who the hell ever has to actually come to the Destiny, at least not in person.

Comment

they will stunt cast an SG1 actor.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Well the word from Stargate Solutions is that the crew will be able to communicate with Earth the same way that Daniel and Vala did with the Ori Galaxy in season 9.
        Daniel and Vala took up residence in the bodies of two Ori galaxy inhabitants. If this method of communication is used the Destiny crew will see the guest as one of their own people while the viewers will probably see him/her played by the guest star.

A deliberate communication narrows the possibilities down. The folks back home would want to send someone who had a chance of finding out something useful relating to the problem. The logical choice would be Sam because Rodney is fully occupied on Atlantis.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          A guest character could turn up in a flashback, a dream or an hallucination. He/she could also turn up in a scene set on Earth to indicate that the people back home are trying to come up with a way of getting the Destiny crew back.
          Or a hologram. Or an AU version of events. Time travel. Evil replicator double. Who knows? It could be any one of a number of increasingly ridiculous things. The point is, there will be crossovers. And this is only the beginning... *cues ominous music*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            The point is, there will be crossovers. And this is only the beginning... *cues ominous music*
            I'm not against crossovers in shows which are set in the same universe as long as there's a reasonable explanation for them.

Maybe we're all barking up the wrong tree, though.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...#comment-53502

and a surprise guest”

Will the suprise guest be a cast member from atlantis or SG1??

The above suggests that the surprise guest could just be a cast member from one of the other shows, not a character. For all we know at the moment the guest cast member could be playing an alien and unrecognisable by the time the make-up and costume departments have finished with him/her.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL! You just keep telling yourself that.

Although now I have this hilarious image of RDA ganked up as some random alien accompanied by the roar of an outraged and insulted fandom. So thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                i hope that it will be richard dean andresson aka Jack Oneill.

i just cant get enought of him
                If that's true it'll be the only ep of SGU I'll ever watch.

Comment

LOL! You just keep telling yourself that.
                  I was just looking at the wording which, in typical JM style, is somewhat ambiguous. 'Cast member' could mean two different things. You can have a cast of characters as in -

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cast+of+characters

Everybody has a motive for murder in Crosby's lively first mystery novel, which boasts a memorable and quirky cast of characters

You can also have a cast as in -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Cast

The actors in a play, movie, or other theatrical presentation.

Maybe JM wants fans to think it's a character because the surprise is supposed to be an SG1 or SGA actor playing someone else. This doesn't mean that there will never be stories where an SG1 or SGA character crosses over to SGU but this particular story mightn't be one of them. I could be wrong, of course.

Although now I have this hilarious image of RDA ganked up as some random alien accompanied by the roar of an outraged and insulted fandom. So thanks for that.
                  Maybe RDA has always wanted to play a random alien in Stargate as a change from being O'Neill.
                  Last edited by ciannwn; 22 November 2008, 12:40 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    I'm not against crossovers in shows which are set in the same universe as long as there's a reasonable explanation for them.

Maybe we're all barking up the wrong tree, though.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...#comment-53502

and a surprise guest”

Will the suprise guest be a cast member from atlantis or SG1??

The above suggests that the surprise guest could just be a cast member from one of the other shows, not a character. For all we know at the moment the guest cast member could be playing an alien and unrecognisable by the time the make-up and costume departments have finished with him/her.
                    Hehehehehe, that was my question on Joe's blog before i started this thread!!! so it dosent really suggest anythin!! btw what i ment by the question was whether it would be a regular cast member or secondary cast member from either show (implying that they would be playing the character they are known an loved for).
                    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 22 November 2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      what i ment by the question was whether it would be a regular cast member or secondary cast member from either show (implying that they would be playing the vharacter they are known an loved for).
                      If it's cast member as in actor maybe it will be Christopher Heyerdahl who was Halling and Todd in SGA and is now John Druitt and Bigfoot in Sanctuary. He obviously doesn't mind having bits stuck on his face to make him look different.

If it's a character via a communications device like the one in the Ori plot it would probably narrow things down a bit.

1: Deliberate communication. Sam Carter or Bill Lee because a physicist or engineer would be a logical choice.

2: Accidental communication. Rodney or Zelenka could find one on Atlantis and fiddle around with it to see what it does. Nobody would be allowed to fiddle around with one at SGU because they know what it does.
                      sigpic

Comment

Or a hologram. Or an AU version of events. Time travel. Evil replicator double. Who knows? It could be any one of a number of increasingly ridiculous things. The point is, there will be crossovers. And this is only the beginning... *cues ominous music*
                        Oh who cares? As long as there's a reasonable explanation.

It's all the same Universe, and Joe has said before that SG-1 members could appear. It's not the end of the world.

Comment

ford. he managed to get to a ship and enter hyperspace just as the hives exploded, but the explosion caused him to enter another galaxy, similar to what happened to SG1 when they blew up a sun.
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

I dunno why but for some reason I keep thinking it's Oma...I know she's off fighting Anubis but I dunno....I just get the feeling
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Your faith amuses me.
                              The Writers have not given me too many reasons to doubt their ability to write, and no reason to loose faith in them.
                              Originally posted by greytop View Post
                              How about Morgan Le Fay.
                              OOooooooo That I like.

Comment

If they somehow get Weir back for Stargate Universe but not Stargate Atlantis, I'll be pissed. Still I think it's a safe bet that she wouldn't be back or this. It could be anyone. Even someone we've never seen in Stargate before, but Carter seems like the most likely choice if one were to take a stab at it and make a wild guess.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X