Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much negativity and the show hasn't even started yet!

I'm getting more and more excited about this new show. Too bad we didn't have a glimpse at the new stargate.

Comment

Rewatch the Ark of Truth opening scenes. Destiny is definitely something you'd expect those Alterans to create.

Spoiler:
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        So much negativity and the show hasn't even started yet!

I'm getting more and more excited about this new show. Too bad we didn't have a glimpse at the new stargate.
        well u will have no problem with SGU i think, because it seems you LOVE BSG. unfortunately i dont so i'll have to bite the dust. they are gearing SGU to be a BSG clone and these concept art as cool as they may look, are proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
          im kinda concerned with the less advanced part. they are trying to be BSG which is as u know is way under-advanced compared to Atlantis. this means SGU might not have plasma beams or stuff like that. even the lack of shields. which is absurd i know i hate this to be like BSG; making the space battles more practical-based and launching normal missiles instead of drones or no beaming... i hope they dont go that far with the less advanced thing.
          No they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            No they're not.
            Not exactly. They are not able.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

To sink so low? I agree.

Comment

To sink so low? I agree.
                BSG is better than SG if I look to the actors. I could feel in every episode they can act better. They have more chance to show their skills, because there are more drama scenes. BSG had better space battle animations too, while SG needs more different type of animations because of the off-worlds scenes. BSG has only one main story arc and it never was so colorful as Stargate. But I like both scifi realm and I am sad that they canceled them. I think SG has more chance with Universe, because Caprica won't be such success as BSG was.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  1 - SGU concept art severely lacks, well, a Stargate?

2 - Destiny's symbol reminds me of a battlestar insignia.
                  I doubt we will see the Stargate until it airs.

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                  Looks good IMO. It shows another period of Ancient tech. Destiny was built millions of years before Atlantis so we have to expect a step back in technology.

Does anyone know when it's getting released in Britain?
                  It will be release, roughly eight to nine hours after it airs in the US, sorry I not waiting around for our channels to air it.

Now back to the topic at hand, these design better end up straight into the reject area or even better yet the bin, may be use to make paper planes.

I mean they are completely rubbish and do not take into consideration many of the architecture that we have seen the ancients create when not on the run, Dakara device or the time machine or the ancient repositories, Anubis gate destroyer.

It should not be base on the AOT tech, as that should of been was made and built thousands of years befor this, I am presuming that it took the ancients hundreds of years to travel here from the Ori galaxy even using Asgard level speed of hyper drive, reason for the ori to use a giant stargate. And it would of taken them at least a couple of thousand before having the resources to launch such a enormous project/

That where they should took their inspirations from.

I wanted to see it very dark very mysterious and very none human looking architecture. I want it so that when we arrive their are no obvious control interfaces. I wanted it to have stone like textures, copying the perhaps the look of the stargate.

Instead we seemed of traveler tech/designs

These designs must be near to final, unfortunately , just that they would need to start construction fairly soon given the holidays season you loose about a month, if they planned to begin full production by February or March for a summer pilot and airing the full series in autumn, then production and cgi and all the monitors displays would have to start to be finalize in the next few weeks, I mean concept art. Plus I doubt they would release designs, they they were not gonna used or may this just a test to see if we like them, well most do not, I certainly do not, so get back to the drawing board and get something remotely MK ancient looking.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 24 October 2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
                    im kinda concerned with the less advanced part. they are trying to be BSG which is as u know is way under-advanced compared to Atlantis. this means SGU might not have plasma beams or stuff like that. even the lack of shields. which is absurd i know i hate this to be like BSG; making the space battles more practical-based and launching normal missiles instead of drones or no beaming... i hope they dont go that far with the less advanced thing.

Well as we could see the Ancients were quiet advanced before the building of Atlantis too. The Destiny is older than Atlantis but not that older to it wouldn't have any shield and energy weapon technology.

It will have different technologies and weapons on board, that's all.

Comment

just a second here: where does destiny fit in the timeline again. was destiny launched from the milky way galaxy or the ori galaxy? and i cant remember who built the supergate either.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        BSG is better than SG if I look to the actors. I could feel in every episode they can act better. They have more chance to show their skills, because there are more drama scenes. BSG had better space battle animations too, while SG needs more different type of animations because of the off-worlds scenes. BSG has only one main story arc and it never was so colorful as Stargate. But I like both scifi realm and I am sad that they canceled them. I think SG has more chance with Universe, because Caprica won't be such success as BSG was.
                        That's because it's a more character driven show, they're not better actors though, half of them are Stargate throwbacks...

Comment

BSG is done already can we talk about something that has plenty of life in it. cylons arent interesting at all and they only serve as a way to creating more conflict between the protagonists (if there is any) what made BSG famous is the style and that it took itself seriously, yet how come i end up laughing through its episodes.

Comment

One should expect they would develop touchscreens before intergalactic hyperdrives...

Comment

What's better about touch screens?

Comment

Thanks for the link. This concept art s good-looking but like other people, I'm having a hard time associating it with the Ancients. OTOH, I only know SGA, so I don't have a complete vision. The Destiny might have been built at a time before the Ancients became bland and unimaginative and all cold inside.

What's better about touch screens?
                                It prevents people with long nails to use them.
                                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X