Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Simbol which can be found on all of the 3 concept arts is symbolizing the Stargate and the 8 chevron.
    As you can see on the console there's a sign next to the symbol "Interactive dial".

Comment

to be honest i dig it. I like the whole thing, its very interesting looking. and im usually a very skeptical person but after seeing that i like where they are going with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        The first thing i thought of when we saw the traveller's ship interior was that it was ripped right from the Matrix.

But seriously, why are there exposed pipes and wires and crap like that? It's not like the Ancients were in a hurry when they built this ship were they?
        you got to remember this ship is MILLIONS of years old, I'm surprised the thing is even running despite a few exposed parts. I'm sure ancients maned it for a while, and had to keep repairing it, until they left and that's what's left of the ship. It's in relatively good condition considering.
        I'm gonna miss SG1..
        Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

Remember people this is concept art not an actual set, its just a basic representation of what we MIGHT see. Without question the set will look somewhat different then what we see here.

Comment

lemme put it this way: i hope it Remains concept art

Comment

what were u guys expecting? another Atlantis? let Atlantis be Atlantis. Destiny is like a war-torn relic, not a database or a keeper of knowledge like Atlantis. the architecture represents the crude nature of destiny and it has to be industrial since Destiny is a Stargate builder/distributor. anyone understand what im saying

Comment

Looks good IMO. It shows another period of Ancient tech. Destiny was built millions of years before Atlantis so we have to expect a step back in technology.

Does anyone know when it's getting released in Britain?

Comment

I think the style they are going for has a lot of potential. Come on people, we all know Atlantis is beautiful in it's design and all, but why would you want them to create a "Atlantis replica"? Like someone said, "Let Atlantis be Atlantis." Well, I say, "Let Destiny be Destiny." Destiny should have a new design, but still tie into Alteran/Ancient/Lantean architecture and technology. They are doing this with the concept art.

Now, should it be better than the concept art that is presented? Yes...That is common sense considering concept art is only the working platform of ideas of the sets, technology, weapons, etc. Also, what some people don't understand is that the technology/architecture needs to have a 'look' before the "Atlantis architecture period". Destiny was launched millions of years before Atlantis was even thought of. So yeah, there will be a different in design over those many millenia. Great potential. Needs more work, but great potential. Create more.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

i wasnt expecting atlantis. more like MW ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
                      what were u guys expecting? another Atlantis? let Atlantis be Atlantis. Destiny is like a war-torn relic, not a database or a keeper of knowledge like Atlantis. the architecture represents the crude nature of destiny and it has to be industrial since Destiny is a Stargate builder/distributor. anyone understand what im saying

Destiny is neither a Stargate Builder or Distributor, it is mearly and exploration ship set on a pre-programmed course to follow the Gate seeding ship sent years ahead of it.

Comment

Ah HA!
                        I predicted right...they ARE going for a darker look in the new series.

Good!
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I would call it more "less advanced" then "darker" IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
                            Destiny is neither a Stargate Builder or Distributor, it is mearly and exploration ship set on a pre-programmed course to follow the Gate seeding ship sent years ahead of it.
                            then Destiny is closely related to that Gate seeding ship. but i doubt that destiny is just for exploring, there is more to it. but considering how old it is the ancients were in some way still tied to the ori. their true architecture/identity didnt come to fruition till the built atlantis. on a side note, why were the ancients so keen on building a stargate system? and what are they exploring i thought they were the main reasons humans exist in other worlds. they shouldnt meet any humans then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
                              their true architecture/identity didnt come to fruition till the built atlantis. on a side note, why were the ancients so keen on building a stargate system? and what are they exploring
                              This is what I hope SGU is about

Comment

I would call it more "less advanced" then "darker" IMO.
                                im kinda concerned with the less advanced part. they are trying to be BSG which is as u know is way under-advanced compared to Atlantis. this means SGU might not have plasma beams or stuff like that. even the lack of shields. which is absurd i know i hate this to be like BSG; making the space battles more practical-based and launching normal missiles instead of drones or no beaming... i hope they dont go that far with the less advanced thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X