Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Only Character from SGA Who Should Join Universe Is...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think anyone from SGA and SG-1 would be nice to have on the new show just because its going to be a whole new cast which will be a little weird to get used to. But, if I had to choose someone, it would be Rodney. [snip]
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 29 December 2008, 12:11 PM.
    Mercedes

Comment

OK lets keep this thread on topic please. Anything off topic will be removed. If you want to discuss possible reasons for Atlantis being cancelled there are threads for this in the Atlantis and General Stargate Discussion folders.
      sigpic

Comment

if we have to have a crossover character, which needn't necessarily be bad (especially when s/he's killed in the 3rd or 4th ep) it could be a very minor character from an earlier SG-1 (or SGA) season

My choice would be for Col Dixon (from Heroes) because he seemed fairly well rounded, nicely cynical, and has the advantage that we already know him. Then TPTB can kill him fairly early on, so as to have an entirely new show, but the viewer already has an emotional attachment (the other characters will be too new for that) so the death (which should be permanent) has an impact.

I think I'm banging on about this too much. Time for a little lie down in a darkened room, I think.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Ford...

It's never conclusively shown what actually happens to him. Yes somewhere someone has said that he's essentially dead, without actually saying it.

But not as "Wraithford", I'd like to see recovering addict Ford. Struggling to survive in the wilderness as he battles his inner demons and withdrawl in complete isolation, part of the SGU mission statement was more character drama.

Would make a good episode, either see him off properly or have him live on.

Comment

OK, so SGA is now but a faint & distant memory...

And I'm still firm that McKay is the man for Universe. There definitely needs to be some sort of crossover character. And whilst I'd dig any of the SG-1 main players in it, Rodney is still the #1 and logical choice from SGA. They need a tech expert, Rodders and Carter are the primo techies in the SG universe.

Also, Kavanagh would be pretty cool for some comic relief.
            sigpic

Comment

nobody because this show has to stand on its own...id rather not have someone from another show join the cast permanatly because they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                nobody because this show has to stand on its own...id rather not have someone from another show join the cast permanatly because they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars.
                I don't understand this line of reasoning at all. Why do they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars?

If you are a new viewer to Stargate then you won't know any different; if you are an old viewer then you've got a nice bonus of seeing a character you like tying things together and providing some continuity and a friendly face.

Some characters are too good to let die even though their show died.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  True but It'd be cool if some of the chars (preferably Mckay ) made appearances in the occasional ep or 2, just like Sg-1 chars appearing in SGA sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
                    I don't understand this line of reasoning at all. Why do they need to prove they can do a show without familiar faces as regulars?

If you are a new viewer to Stargate then you won't know any different; if you are an old viewer then you've got a nice bonus of seeing a character you like tying things together and providing some continuity and a friendly face.

But what kind of new viewers would McKay bring in? Thats the problem. SGU at its basic form is geared at bringing younger viewers.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

If anybody joins I wouldn't mind General Landry. He would be on Earth but just be in a few episodes if they have a way to contact Earth. I don't want anybody familiar on the ship.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        If anybody joins I wouldn't mind General Landry. He would be on Earth but just be in a few episodes if they have a way to contact Earth. I don't want anybody familiar on the ship.
                        Landry should be taking over for Jack when he retires . . . I think they were pushing the character in that direction when they had him in Washington doing what one would think would be Jack's job during EatG.

I'd like to see some characters appear as guests to tie the whole franchies together but I wouldn't want a character from the previous two shows to be permanent on SGU. Mckay appearing at any time would just turn me off the show as he's not at all interesting to me. Just my opinion, of course.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

The only character from previous series who would have made sense to me would have been Daniel, as the leading expert in both the Ancients and languages (not that any of the languages in the Milky Way would help, but the methodology might). That, and these characters are apparently going to be more realistic, which would make him a better fit than some of the other characters. Michael Shanks can play Daniel any way they want them to play him, and has. Since he won't be one of the people evacuated, I'd say none of them should be on the ship, although I think it's important to have occasional contact with Earth to emphasise their loss, and that they are people from Earth who want to return.
                          Last edited by amconway; 17 March 2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post

because how does this show stand on its own if mackay or weir is a regular.it worked for sga because it was a direct spinoff to sg1....sgu is just a new show in the franchise.mckay has no reason to be on the destiny..his job is work on atlantis...not a reasarch base in the milky way.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SGU supposed to be set before they even go to Atlantis? What would be the point of having any Atlantis characters cross over at all, then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SGU supposed to be set before they even go to Atlantis? What would be the point of having any Atlantis characters cross over at all, then?
                                I'm not sure, DrJenn, but I have seen an interview of Robert Picardo in which he says he was approached to do a guest appearance in SGU, so I'd presume from that that it's based at the same time as SGA. That's not necessarily the case, but a reasonable assumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X