Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Only Character from SGA Who Should Join Universe Is...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Dw. I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's before SGA, but if I'm wrong, this definitely wouldn't be the first...or last...time that I think I've read something that I really haven't.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SGU supposed to be set before they even go to Atlantis? What would be the point of having any Atlantis characters cross over at all, then?
      You would be wrong. For example the IOA didn't exist before Atlantis and Wray is suppose to be an IOA representative. Sounds like another fandom rumor someone started
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You would be wrong. For example the IOA didn't exist before Atlantis and Wray is suppose to be an IOA representative. Sounds like another fandom rumor someone started
        That someone being Jason Momoa at a Stargate Convention.

Wasn't the IOC/IOA created shortly after SG-1's season 6 episode "Disclosure"? So there you go, SGU could start at any point between that episode and SGA's pilot.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
          That someone being Jason Momoa at a Stargate Convention.
          I heard when Momoa said and I say it was in jest
          Wasn't the IOC/IOA created shortly after SG-1's season 6 episode "Disclosure"? So there you go, SGU could start at any point between that episode and SGA's pilot.
          That wasn't the IOA. Just a treaty between 5 of Earth's powerful countries.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I heard when Momoa said and I say it was in jest
            Maybe, maybe not.

That wasn't the IOA. Just a treaty between 5 of Earth's powerful countries.
            IOA = IOC = international community (not all of it, of course)

But it all began back then.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Joe Mallozi said that it will take place around the same time as the finale of SGA. Also precedent suggests that it will start in the same year as it is now. It's part of the whole 'modern people from Earth' thing.

Comment

Really, Am? Well, you guys are probably right.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CStads View Post
                  Pfft..

Everyone knows it should be Todd.
                  right, but don't forget to send his favorite work-mate with him: McKay

Comment

Originally posted by fire_phoenix View Post
                    right, but don't forget to send his favorite work-mate with him: McKay
                    As a midnight snack... Can't have Todd die of hunger.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I like McKay in Atlantis but I don't think he would fit in Universe. To me it makes sense for a new and very different adventure to have fresh characters. I think that having someone we know as part of the main cast would be too constraining as fans would have pre-existing notions of how that character should act and react.
                      (Kavanaugh wouldn't last a day! Unless he found some sort of automated cloning chamber, in which case he would die in every episode at least once. It could be a running gag.)

I think the part about it being before Atlantis is that the Destiny was built before Atlantis (the city-ship) was built, no pun intended.
                      Last edited by Eternal Density; 23 March 2009, 02:51 PM. Reason: added extra ideas
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
                        Rodney.

All SG-1 cast members are welcome to join.

Rodney is my favorite Stargate character of all time. If only they would have him in Universe.
                        OH MY GOD!
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        You just wasted 10 seconds of your life, and I ain't giving them back.

The ending of BSG kinda sucked...

Comment

I've grown quite partial to Amelia Banks - gate technician. It would be pretty cool if she turned up in SGU.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X