This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
    In the casting call for SGA, the Teyla character was supposed to be 20. Don't get caught up on the ages in the casting call. And for some of the SGU characters, the casting call merely says "20-ish". What if they cast a 28-29 year old? That's a big difference from a 20 year old.

True, but the character describtions are so cliched and dated I find nothing interesting about them at all, even if they end up being mid-late twenties and not barely out of their teens kiddies.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i wonder if they are all gonna be on a three hour tour?????
      with Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, professor and Marianne.............Stargate Universe!!!

*Sorry if I have the entire forum singing the theme to Gilligan's Island now*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kartin View Post
        For the "Psycho" role, Sgt Dusty Mehra (SGA, Whispers, Janina Gavanka) or C.I.A. Agent Burke (SG-1, Evolution pt 2, played by Enrico Colantoni) would be way more interesting then another Ford.
        Ford was in no way a "Psycho" character. His replacement would be a better example of that.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        That's really what I'm hoping will happen.
        Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by apostrophe View Post
          Looks like you are going to be the only one who got it.
          I got it too! Heck, I even remember WATCHING the show as a kid!

Originally posted by smurf View Post
          Or alternatively, you might enjoy the show because your low expectations means it isn't as bad as you thought it would be.
          Or it will be actually worse than your lowest expectations allowed you to believe...

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          with Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, professor and Marianne.............Stargate Universe!!!

*Sorry if I have the entire forum singing the theme to Gilligan's Island now*
          *...if not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost...* la la la...!
          sigpic
          My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
            Ford was in no way a "Psycho" character. His replacement would be a better example of that.
            I dunno, SuperFord wasn't exactly the poster boy for sanity.

Comment

*...if not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow Destiny would be lost...* la la la...!
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                I dunno, SuperFord wasn't exactly the poster boy for sanity.
                yeah, but he was buzzed on Wraith enzyme. To have a character NATURALLY behave like that would be a danger to ANY mission.
                sigpic
                My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                  In the casting call for SGA, the Teyla character was supposed to be 20. Don't get caught up on the ages in the casting call. And for some of the SGU characters, the casting call merely says "20-ish". What if they cast a 28-29 year old? That's a big difference from a 20 year old.
                  It's easier not to get caught up with it when you're talking about one or two characters out of 6, as was the case in Stargate Atlantis. I find it slightly harder when the 20-25 description is attached to five out of the six principals.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If they're trying to make SGU more like BSG in the character angst department, they don't need to cast 20 somethings. The current OLDER cast of BSG does just fine. Though, I'm really getting tired of it all.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

anyone got the old atlantis casting call?
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                        Oh , yeah. That'd be interesting to see how closely they cast accoding to that.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Jet Hammer - Team leader and all around tough guy. Has a hidden intelligence disguised over a layer of sarcasm. Likes to shoot things and blow things up...but also has a gentle side.

Jennifer Love - Party girl. Likes to party. Also is team medic...when she's not partying. Always up to date with the latest fashions. (action figure will come with the option to change out outfits)

Bobby-Joe - Hillbilly marksman. Likes to brew drinks in the Destiny lab. Also blows things up. Is the team conscience and master of animals. Mainly goats.

Jim Denton - Big, strong, silent type. Good looking. Can always be counted on to beat down the bad guys. Broods a lot. But secretly has a sense of humor. Has tattooes.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                            Bobby-Joe - Hillbilly marksman. Likes to brew drinks in the Destiny lab. Also blows things up. Is the team conscience and master of animals. Mainly goats.
                            Just for laughs, Larry the Cable Guy would be perfect for that role, (Imagines all the redneck-stargate jokes). And much better than the real one that is picked for destiny.

Still, I am not worried about the acting or the characters of Stargate Universe, these are the same people who made SG-1 and Atlantis after all.

Even if it isn't as realistic in terms of the military as SG-1 was in regard to age or rank, I do recall that Stargate the Movie had a much more real military structure and personality than SG-1, especially the old O'nell. And despite the lack of a real military "feel" within SG-1, it did rather well.
                            Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                            -----------------------------------------------
                            I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                              Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              Oh , yeah. That'd be interesting to see how closely they cast accoding to that.

Spoiler:
                              # Major John Sheppard: A gifted military pilot, posted at McMurdoch Air Force Base because it’s the only place they will let him fly; Sheppard once defied a direct order and flew his helicopter to rescue two Rangers trapped behind enemy lines. Though people might see a good-ol’ boy exterior he is also a closet mathematical genius. He has a wry sense of humor and likes to pretend he’s not as smart as he really is. Most of the time a perfect gentlemen – who tries his best to be charming – when he’s pushed to fight he can be an absolute animal with single-minded purpose. He distrusts authority and always goes with his gut letting his strong sense of common sense morality lead his actions. The character is listed as being between 35 and 40 years old.

# Dr. Elizabeth Weir: Described as “attractive, brilliant, and the master of five languages,” this 35-year-old started out as a critic of government spending on the military. But she ultimately decided the best way to fight the establishment was to join it and change what she could from within by brokering peace and being a voice of reason to whoever would listen. She worked behind the scenes for the U.S. government as a high level international negotiator for years before being offered command of the Stargate Program by the new President. Now, she has been given the opportunity to lead an international team through the gate to a new galaxy on a grand mission to save all of humanity and she is not one to turn that challenge down.

# Mikala: Beautiful and soulful, she is a native of post-apocalyptic alien world viewers will encounter in the initial episode and has lost most of her family to the Wraith. Despite her youth, she has become somewhat of a leader to her people. Initially seen as a love interest for Sheppard, she joins our team’s effort to defeat our common enemy in the Wraith and their budding romance becomes playful sexual tension as they focus on their mission. She proves herself early on to be a surprisingly scrappy fighter, a survivor under any circumstances and an invaluable source of knowledge about the people and worlds we will be visiting. The producers are looking for an actress of any ethnicity for the role, which is listed as being between 20 and 25 years old.

# Lt. Aiden Ford: Described as “boyishly good-looking, with an ebullient sense of humor to match,” this 25-year-old is an officer who volunteers for the Atlantis mission. A good man in a tight spot, he accompanies Major Sheppard on a perilous rescue mission to the Wraith planet, where unspeakable terrors lurk. He keeps a cool head and his finger on the trigger when the Wraiths are closing in on the rescue party.

# Dr. Benjamin Ingram: In his 40’s, Ingram is a brilliant African Canadian scientist who has done a heroic job of interfacing modern technology with those of the Ancients, and is in large part responsible for the new discoveries that have made the Atlantis mission possible. However, it bothers Ingram that he doesn't possess the rare gene that would allow him to physically interact with the Ancients' technology. He also accompanies Dr. Weir and Major Sheppard on their risky journey to another galaxy, where Atlantis now lies.

# Colonel Marshall Sumner: A hardened officer with a buzz cut and a hair-trigger temper, 50-year-old Sumner is no-nonsense and autocratic, a man who is accustomed to having his orders followed without question. He is the military leader of the Atlantis expedition, but he is second-in-command to Dr. Weir. At times, he forgets who's in charge, but he is an inspired commander who is committed to the mission, however dangerous. Later, he refuses to give vital information to the Wraith Queen before meeting an untimely end. Producers are looking for star names for this role.

http://www.filmjerk.com/news/article.php?id_new=350
                              http://www.filmjerk.com/news/article.php?id_new=362
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Seems pretty close to what we got, sans Mikala.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X