Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Col. Dave Dixon, played by Adam Baldwin, from the episode Heroes would make good team leader. His bio is a bit different, having 4 kids and all. And why not give Major Lorne a bit of a bigger role, I've always wanted to know more of his character history. As for the medic, make him a civilian medic, and a Radek Zelenka character type, who takes abuse from everyone, but does good work. Scratch the senators daughter, too weird. For the "Psycho" role, Sgt Dusty Mehra (SGA, Whispers, Janina Gavanka) or C.I.A. Agent Burke (SG-1, Evolution pt 2, played by Enrico Colantoni) would be way more interesting then another Ford.

Basically my point is, dont try and invent too many new characters that sound very very very very shallow, if you look back over the course of the show, there are plenty of good options. Doing it this way will help connect the fans to the new series. And please, dear lord, no teen dramas.

Comment

In other words, don't make SGU original, just fill it full of the refuse of two other shows. No thanks.

I may not like the outlines and I may think they're ripoffs of existing characters, but at least they'll be original (so to speak) to SGU.

Comment

Bints & beefcake, bints & beefcake...

BORRRRRRRR-INNNNNNNNG!!!!! (need a yawning smiley here)

I for one am not gonna be impressed, no matter how good the special effects are. The thing that made the other SG's work so well was the quality of the cast, and their BELIEVABILITY.

A bunch of bints & beefcake running round on a spaceship, screaming or partying or otherwise is more of a turn-off than William Shatner in a man-kini.
        sigpic
        My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

i wonder if they are all gonna be on a three hour tour?????
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i am pretty sure that they will be mostly civilian....or at least enough - like th eparty girl - to allow for nice pretty and tight tank tops and the latest fashions - which will be part of the sponsorship of the show. which designer outfits our band of pretty little misfits
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              Even if they manage to explain it, I can't imagine why we would care about these people. No science, no exploration,
              There's no way you can know that from how little we know about the show...certainly not from the casting call. My understanding from what I've read is that SGU will stick with the Stargate theme of exploring new worlds. You're reading way too much into this. If there's no science or exploration, I probably won't like it either...but as of now there's no basis to conclude there won't be.
              sigpic
              FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                The trouble is how much of a back story can these kids have?

I know this is just the casting call but what worries me is the age requested, or lack of age. I like my characters to be interesting, well rounded, fleshed out and I just don't think that is possible when the main cast are, with one exception, so damn young! I have nothing against young people, heck I used to be one! But I really can't find much to get even remotely interested in with this bunch of just out of their teens hot young things.

I can't see who tptb think they are going to grab with this. Not me, that's for sure and not my kids either, they have read all the spoilers and don't even want to give the pilot a chance.
                In the casting call for SGA, the Teyla character was supposed to be 20. Don't get caught up on the ages in the casting call. And for some of the SGU characters, the casting call merely says "20-ish". What if they cast a 28-29 year old? That's a big difference from a 20 year old.
                sigpic
                FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                  From SpoilerTV:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...ting-call.html

Opinions, anyone?

Looks for me like there is about zero crew members I could identify with.

OMG. Wow. I don't find any of those characters interesting in the slightest. And the Captain of the ship? Yup - someone like Jack. Why am I not surprised? He's arguably the most loved of Stargate. How would Jack handle the rest of those characters? He'd kick their asses.

I wish I hadn't read that this morning. It's not encouraging at all. Though just because those are the ages they're looking for, doesn't mean that is what they will ultimately hire. If someone comes in who is a little older that they like, they'll be in.

And how the hell is a senator's kid on a ship like that?!?

*pulls hair in frustration*
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                    for some of the SGU characters, the casting call merely says "20-ish". What if they cast a 28-29 year old? That's a big difference from a 20 year old.
                    It all depends on whether the character is made older to fit the actor or whether the actor looks younger than his/her age so is playing a 22 year old.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i wonder if they are all gonna be on a three hour tour?????
                      Looks like you are going to be the only one who got it.
                      "Thank God it hit the Reading Library, or somebody might have been seriously hurt!"

Comment

I think everyone is making broad generalizations based off of negative opinions of a show they've never seen.

you won't enjoy the show if you go into it hating it from the start.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                          I think everyone is making broad generalizations based off of negative opinions of a show they've never seen.

you won't enjoy the show if you go into it hating it from the start.
                          Or alternatively, you might enjoy the show because your low expectations means it isn't as bad as you thought it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                            Or alternatively, you might enjoy the show because your low expectations means it isn't as bad as you thought it would be.
                            That's really what I'm hoping will happen.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by apostrophe View Post
                              Looks like you are going to be the only one who got it.
                              I got it and I loved it.

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                              That might be the only positive the show has going for it right now as far as I'm concerned.

Show might prove me wrong and be halfway decent, but at least I won't be let down very much if it does turn out the way I fear it will.

I'm willing to give the show a chance even though I currently have hardly any positive feelings for it.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I've always thought it would be funny if the cast of Stargate Atlantis and Flash Gordon (when it aired) ran into each other while filming, it would be like, "What the hell are you doing here, we got the woods today" LOL!
                                A friend and I used to joke that you would see the cast of SG1 (yelling "we were here first!!!"), chased by the cast of X Files, chased by the cast of The X Men movies, chased by the cast of 4400, chased by the cast of Smallville, chased by the cast of Atlantis, chased by the cast of Battlestar Galactica, chased by the cast of Flash Gordon, each yelling, "Its our turn on the forest location rota!!" Trailed by a group of tourists, looking very confused!

As for the characters of SGU, I have said my bit. - I just hope the Stargate programme hasn't gone public in the format, as the civvie characters here imply.
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X