This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
    Anyone else hopes for actual Aliens in Stargate Universe? I would get annoyed if they go through the universe and all they find is human planets, or aliens that look just like humans except for a little bit of makeup.
    well there is no way they can make the aliens that they find in the universe human. but I´m really looking farward
    Spoiler:
    to see the aliens in the next episode

Comment

most things people want to see are dealt with in the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
        Pretty sure she is a "he", given he complains of his beard turning white
        :< sorry
        Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I liked the sand aliens, they were different. Too bad they didn't use em enough. I rather like not having a human alien every week but, that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
            I liked the sand aliens, they were different. Too bad they didn't use em enough. I rather like not having a human alien every week but, that's just me.
            I'm with you, on both counts.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
              Yes i know what you were talking about. And incidentally i agree with Coremae, and her idea(s) isn'tt/aren't half bad.
              No, you obviously don't know what I was talking about... as for Coremae's ideas - while I know he (and you) seem to like them, I do not and I am very glad he isn't part of the writing team. His ideas aren't new to Stargate, and I really don't want to see the same stuff repeated.

I think the Ori were very poorly done as "evil ancient counterparts", they had so much wasted potential of subtle ambiguous evil, instead, they went for -THE DEVIL-
              So?!? For a long time the Ancients were angelic. If anything they were a great way of showing that ancients aren't really, well, good guys. Not that I loved the Ori - but I did love what it did to the team et all having to fight someone like the Ori.

Q? Culture? Timelords? They all were manipulative, arrogant, selfish but at the same time helpful but in a condescending way. (actually the Culture is kind of good, but i still say the Special Circumstances COULD **** up majorly at some point. the human element ****s it up always)
              These guys could be fun but lived on the annoying side more often then not. So no, I don't think they were as great as you think they were. Hell, the Ancients were too Q like at times and it just didn't work with me.

Hell, even the Beyonder and the Watcher from Marvel are actually better written "omnipotent" beings than the Ancients ever were.
              I think not.

I want diverse sapient aliens in SG, not monsters. They can be dudes in rubber, but as long as they feel exotic and alien its fine.
              Mork from Ork was a better alien than what SGU threw at us thus far
              Right, I get it, you want better alien's. I think the sand alien was different and interesting. The alien in Time that we only peripherally saw was also great. So - while I respect you want something else... I'm pretty happy with the alien's we have seen so far. Especially when you consider that unlike SGA and SG1 it isn't a 'alien of the week' show. For that I am very glad.
              Last edited by Deevil; 16 February 2010, 03:26 PM.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Regarding the end of Season 1...

Spoiler:
                A lot of gripe seems to be about TPTB bringing back the LA and thinking that they're not alien enough.

Well, think of it this way: they aren't supposed to be. From the spoilers it seems that the LA won't be fulfilling the "the great wonders of the Universe" role that the sand aliens, the killer squids, and whatever the Space aliens will be, but rather they will serve as an antagonist to our crew in much the same way Telford was; they are more a part of the character study than a part of the plot.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Some of us don't like SGU and want the changes to take place.
                  Whats your point? That some people disagree some place at some time so we should "LEAVE STARGATE UNIVERSE ALONE!!!11"

C'mon, the Stargate franchise is all grown up now, it can defend itself, it doesn't need your help.

And if it cant defend itself, it needs to change.
                  Still not getting why someone who doesn't like a show continues to watch it. Why bother.

Comment

Geez this is an old fossil
                    Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      So?!? For a long time the Ancients were angelic. If anything they were a great way of showing that ancients aren't really, well, good guys. Not that I loved the Ori - but I did love what it did to the team et all having to fight someone like the Ori.
                      The ascended Ancients weren't that good a many people try to believe. Especially "The Others" were bunch of morons who did a wrong things in order to punish the ascended rebels (Orlin and Oma)
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

No, you obviously don't know what I was talking about... as for Coremae's ideas - while I know he (and you) seem to like them, I do not and I am very glad he isn't part of the writing team. His ideas aren't new to Stargate, and I really don't want to see the same stuff repeated.
                        Now i don't understand you anymore.
                        I said his ideas weren't half bad, i did not say they wer OMFG BEST EVAH, I HOPE HE BECOMES A WRITAAAAR ON SGU!

Angelic? That stopped pretty early through SG1, most of the Ancients were stuck-up *******s just like 99% of the Q-continuum.
                        The whole plot around Anubis was very very interesting, BECAUSE it was so subtle power-play. Not because he was the devil and flames shot up behind him every time he talked. -___-

The whole Anubis arc was so good because it introduced Daniel into the realm of the ancients, we saw him struggle with the rules, see him grow and choose for the best of humanity. The Ori arc was just

find weapon that can kill Ori --- ??? --- profit

Mind you, i found it VERY entertaining, but it doesnt change the fact that it could have been SO.MUCH.BETTER.

These guys could be fun but lived on the annoying side more often then not. So no, I don't think they were as great as you think they were. Hell, the Ancients were too Q like at times and it just didn't work with me.
                        The culture was on the annoying side? WUT?
                        Also Q only got ****ed up in Voy, so much so that people only remember the "zomg civil war in q-continuum" but forget "Tapestry".
                        The Timelords never were annoying, well maybe once, im not counting the recent special, it was underwhelming, or maybe thats because i watched it having a 40°C fever, whatever

Right, I get it, you want better alien's. I think the sand alien was different and interesting. The alien in Time that we only peripherally saw was also great. So - while I respect you want something else... I'm pretty happy with the alien's we have seen so far. Especially when you consider that unlike SGA and SG1 it isn't a 'alien of the week' show. For that I am very glad.
                        Sand-Alien = monster, Time-worms = alien hatchling from alien = monster
                        Do not want!

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        Still not getting why someone who doesn't like a show continues to watch it. Why bother.
                        Because i actually like the franchise, and even though i do not enjoy SGU overall, i do enjoy singular episodes (like 3 of them).
                        I never found a show (maybe except for heroes) that evoked so much emotional dissonance in me in one season from episode to episode..
                        Its like for one episode i'm

**** YEAH! THAT WAS AWESOME!

On the next episode i'm

**** NO! WHAT A LOAD OF ****!

So i continue watching in the hopes that it will even out, or get better.
                        Also i decided even before SGU came out that i would watch the first season completely, to form a coherent opinion, and to give the show the chance that it deserves. My verdict has of yet not dropped if i will continue with S2, but its not looking good.

If i were to only watch the 3 pilot episodes of SGU then decide "i dont enjoy it, **** it" and came here starting a discussion, id probably get told "well obviously you didnt watch the show, it gets much better later on, also its scripted arc based, means you missed the context", but because i saw it, i can then say "**** you, not its not".

In conclusion i watch SGU because:

1.i want to get a complete opinion about SGU
                        2.i enjoy some episodes
                        3.i give the show the chance it deserves
                        4.i widen my horizons and stay up-to-date to the development of the franchise
                        Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Now i don't understand you anymore.
                          I said his ideas weren't half bad, i did not say they wer OMFG BEST EVAH, I HOPE HE BECOMES A WRITAAAAR ON SGU!
                          And I didn't say you said that. Didn't even imply it.

Angelic? That stopped pretty early through SG1, most of the Ancients were stuck-up *******s just like 99% of the Q-continuum.
                          The whole plot around Anubis was very very interesting, BECAUSE it was so subtle power-play. Not because he was the devil and flames shot up behind him every time he talked. -___-
                          It wasn't all that early in SG1 that it was established that they weren't angelic.
                          The Anubis storyline was far from subtle, hell, by calling him Anubis - the Egyptian God of the underworld was obviously intentional to create a 'devil' like appearance.

The whole Anubis arc was so good because it introduced Daniel into the realm of the ancients, we saw him struggle with the rules, see him grow and choose for the best of humanity. The Ori arc was just

find weapon that can kill Ori --- ??? --- profit
                          No, both Arc's were pretty much the same.

Mind you, i found it VERY entertaining, but it doesnt change the fact that it could have been SO.MUCH.BETTER.
                          Everything can be much better. There is no such thing as perfection...

The culture was on the annoying side? WUT?
                          Yup, very - not as annoying as Q.
                          Also Q only got ****ed up in Voy, so much so that people only remember the "zomg civil war in q-continuum" but forget "Tapestry".
                          The Q storyline was annoying when it started, Voyager can't be held responsible for Q sucking - 'cause it sucked long before that.
                          The Timelords never were annoying, well maybe once, im not counting the recent special, it was underwhelming, or maybe thats because i watched it having a 40°C fever, whatever
                          Nope, the timelords have been annoying. Not as annoying as Q but still annoying.

Sand-Alien = monster, Time-worms = alien hatchling from alien = monster
                          Do not want!
                          Alien... as in, something foreign and unknown. That's what they were. Whether or not you liked them does not change the fact they were alien's.

Obviously we look for different things in a show - and this is evidenced in the fact I like SGU and you do not.

Why do I manage to sur back to Gateworld just as someone posts? Bizarre.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Yup, very - not as annoying as Q.
                            You lost all credibility with this sentence.

Game over man, game over.
                            Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Hmm. Seeing as SGU is rather serious, it probably could use some facehugger loving.
                              (or, to avoid copyright issues, some Giger-esque/inspired monstrosities )

Cthulhu would be nice, too.
                              sigpic

Comment

You lost all credibility with this sentence.

yes, because I live to make sure I am credible in your eyes... I'm so heartbroken right now I'm not, but I'll find a way to live without your respect.

Really, so damned cut-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X