Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to have both. A nice balance between humanoid-ish and bizarre type aliens with a few combination of both. I'm kinda hoping they stumble on a Furrling planet or colony or something. We never really did get to see what they were all about except in a few simple mentions here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Who?
      have you seen S9 and S10?
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        have you seen S9 and S10?
        She was being sarcastic.

We really need a sarcasm font or something.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          She was being sarcastic.

We really need a sarcasm font or something.
          I'm thinking big flashing lights accompanied by a little sound that says, "I'm being sarcastic!" would be nice...

On to the actual thread topic, I'll note that there have been "actual" aliens in Universe, though the word "actual" is a little stretchy. Humanoid aliens are still... aliens, by the dictionary definition, so even if there are some Doctor Who-esque guys wearing plastic, I won't really care. But the fact that the two alienoids thus far are basically CGI (Though the Shriekers had a practical model or two, I think) may bode well.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

How about some fiery lifeforms residing around a sun, in actual space, that Destiny has to go through to recharge but would disturb the habitat of said lifeforms so they have to come up with some sort of solution? Would be an interesting episode, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
              i'm not talking about space shell fish, or inter galactic bio observation excuses to observe blue or green screens and say; "It appears these alien creatures are indigenous..."
              Yeah, I'm not talking about those things either.

I'm talking about aliens that none of us have seen.

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
              How would you respond if you were a witness to a complete and total waste of not only time, but resources to produce the most sub standard pieces of fiction.
              I'd watch something else.

But then, I am pretty weird.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                How about some fiery lifeforms residing around a sun, in actual space, that Destiny has to go through to recharge but would disturb the habitat of said lifeforms so they have to come up with some sort of solution? Would be an interesting episode, to me.
                It was a great episode... of Doctor Who
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  It was a great episode... of Doctor Who
                  Maybe they could do weeping angels ...

Comment

And seriously, some of us actually like SGU and don't want your changes to take place.
                    Some of us don't like SGU and want the changes to take place.
                    Whats your point? That some people disagree some place at some time so we should "LEAVE STARGATE UNIVERSE ALONE!!!11"

C'mon, the Stargate franchise is all grown up now, it can defend itself, it doesn't need your help.

And if it cant defend itself, it needs to change.
                    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                      Some of us don't like SGU and want the changes to take place.
                      Whats your point? That some people disagree some place at some time so we should "LEAVE STARGATE UNIVERSE ALONE!!!11"

C'mon, the Stargate franchise is all grown up now, it can defend itself, it doesn't need your help.

And if it cant defend itself, it needs to change.
                      Huh?!? What are you talking about?

Did you even know what I was talking about? Clearly the answer to the latter question is no, but the former is still up for debate. Let me know if you feel the need. If not, no harm done.
                      Last edited by Deevil; 16 February 2010, 04:28 AM.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Huh?!? What are you talking about?

Did you even know what I was talking about? Clearly the answer to the latter question is no, but the former is still up for debate. Let me know if you feel the need. If not, no harm done.
                        Yes i know what you were talking about. And incidentally i agree with Coremae, and her idea(s) isn'tt/aren't half bad.
                        I think the Ori were very poorly done as "evil ancient counterparts", they had so much wasted potential of subtle ambiguous evil, instead, they went for -THE DEVIL-

Q? Culture? Timelords? They all were manipulative, arrogant, selfish but at the same time helpful but in a condescending way. (actually the Culture is kind of good, but i still say the Special Circumstances COULD **** up majorly at some point. the human element ****s it up always)

Hell, even the Beyonder and the Watcher from Marvel are actually better written "omnipotent" beings than the Ancients ever were.

I want diverse sapient aliens in SG, not monsters. They can be dudes in rubber, but as long as they feel exotic and alien its fine.
                        Mork from Ork was a better alien than what SGU threw at us thus far
                        Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                          .... Coremae, and her idea(s)
                          Pretty sure she is a "he", given he complains of his beard turning white
                          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

sgu is a good show as it is the only thing it needs is to pick up the pace of its stories sometimes as it can be a bit slow
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                              sgu is a good show as it is the only thing it needs is to pick up the pace of its stories sometimes as it can be a bit slow
                              Insightful AND relevant. Chrono, you've done it again!
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

i was only saying because people were talking about what needed to be changed on sgu
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X