Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this might be my favourite thread on GW at the moment
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      either that or, in keeping with the younger theme of the show.... they all wear only underwear.
      great, really clever

sigpic
      Sig made by squirrely1
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Its like asking about the toilets on Atlantis. They're there, we just never see them
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
          If the SGU crew finds themselves aboard the Destiny because, and I quote,
          Spoiler:
          "they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack."

...then I would presume that none of the SGU crew will have a change of clothes. Will the Destiny have a stash of Alteran clothes? Will they be shown wearing the same clothes every episode? If so, does destiny have a laundromat, because .

I think these are important issues that need to be addressed.

EDIT: I of course meant TPTB.
          You know...as simple as that is and won't have anything to advance the main storyline, I seriously think that is a great idea. That would be a way to maintain some 'realism' for the show. Simply regarding the clothes issue can make things believable instead of seeing every single episode the same exact clothing with no rips, dirt, etc.

I like the idea about them possibly wearing some Alteran clothing. That would be interesting.

I am also thinking that there could be an Ancient version of an item replicator. Somehow they can modify the Alteran clothing to have a mix of Ancient and present-Tau'ri making an interesting look. Distinct, etc. This is just speculation. Lol. I wouldn't mind that nor something else.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
            I am also thinking that there could be an Ancient version of an item replicator. Somehow they can modify the Alteran clothing to have a mix of Ancient and present-Tau'ri making an interesting look. Distinct, etc. This is just speculation. Lol. I wouldn't mind that nor something else.
            Well, they specifically said one of the main problems would be supplies shortage. If they had a replicator they would have everything they need.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
            Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Isn't there that Asgard thingumabob?
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

There will probably be a hidden stash of Earth clothes somewhere aboard the ship. :0

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  They'll probably find a hidden stash of clothing on the ship left by the Ancients.
                  That surprisingly fit them all perfectly.

I'd love them to address the issue of a lack of supplies. Not just clothing, but everything you need in day to day life.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                    That surprisingly fit them all perfectly.

I'd love them to address the issue of a lack of supplies. Not just clothing, but everything you need in day to day life.
                    dishwasher, laundry, dusting, who sweeps the floors, cleans the toilets, cleans the showers/bathtubs, window washer (assuming there are any kind of windows) ...

Comment

dishwasher, laundry, dusting, who sweeps the floors, cleans the toilets, cleans the showers/bathtubs, window washer (assuming there are any kind of windows) ...

Your forgetting the essentials of lip gloss, deodorant, moisturizer, soap, foundation, mascara...

What will they do when they crack a nail ?

Interesting point if they wear the same uniform. What happens if they are injured, blood stains are hard to wash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                        Well, they specifically said one of the main problems would be supplies shortage. If they had a replicator they would have everything they need.
                        Only if that replicator was at Star Trek levels of efficiency. Simpler item-replicators would not be able to produce food or even bullets.

It cannot be used to make food because organic material is too complex to safely synthesize: it can make an inferior quality cotton shirt, but any "food" it produced would be toxic. It cannot make bullets because it will not process volatile chemicals involved (gunpowder) due to danger of accidental detonation.
                        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Interesting. There have been shows that dealt with such issues in a very subtle matter, kind of a background to what the crew was doing when the crisis hit, but did deal with them.

Comment

They'll probably find a hidden stash of clothing on the ship left by the Ancients.
                            If we do find clothing onboard hopefully we don't go exploring new galaxies looking like the Romulans. The Ancient clothing never looked very good IMO compared to the SGC or SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                              You know...as simple as that is and won't have anything to advance the main storyline, I seriously think that is a great idea. That would be a way to maintain some 'realism' for the show. Simply regarding the clothes issue can make things believable instead of seeing every single episode the same exact clothing with no rips, dirt, etc.
                              Thank you. I was actually being half serious with this thread. I too think it would add an interesting dynamic to the show if they show up on Destiny with no supplies and that lack of supplies is a background issue they're constantly dealing with. I guess the Destiny could have Star Trek-type replicators, which would be the unoriginal and the easy way out of the situation, but I hope they get a little more creative with how the SGU crew gets their supplies.
                              sigpic
                              FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                                Only if that replicator was at Star Trek levels of efficiency. Simpler item-replicators would not be able to produce food or even bullets.

It cannot be used to make food because organic material is too complex to safely synthesize: it can make an inferior quality cotton shirt, but any "food" it produced would be toxic. It cannot make bullets because it will not process volatile chemicals involved (gunpowder) due to danger of accidental detonation.
                                The Asgard posess replicators that can produce food.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                                Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Working...
                                X