Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
    Thank you. I was actually being half serious with this thread. I too think it would add an interesting dynamic to the show if they show up on Destiny with no supplies and that lack of supplies is a background issue they're constantly dealing with. I guess the Destiny could have Star Trek-type replicators, which would be the unoriginal and the easy way out of the situation, but I hope they get a little more creative with how the SGU crew gets their supplies.
    It would certainly give them a reason to use the stargate system to explore planets etc, if they had to find/trade food and supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      There will probably be a hidden stash of Earth clothes somewhere aboard the ship. :0
      Remember Ted when we get the future we need to leave some cloths here so we don't have run around naked.
      Party on Bill

more realistically they will find a washing machine but it will shrink the Female crew members cloths as a way to create fan service.
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

the asgard manage

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
          The Asgard posess replicators that can produce food.
          True. But the Asgard (as far as we know) are gone, except for the ones that showed up in SGA this season. And the "Destiny" would have no way of contacting them, and I doubt those Asgard would be willing to help out. In fact, they'd probably swipe the "Destiny" and strand the crew somewhere.

Comment

Bah! The Destiny has a mall on board, if not you'll see people pulling washers, dryers and all kinds of stuff through the gate, Rooms-to-Go maybe? hehe But yeah, there will be a mall aboard the Destiny son don't worry! They will still look good for the camera
            Stargate Universe's main villain...THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS himself!...sure!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              True. But the Asgard (as far as we know) are gone, except for the ones that showed up in SGA this season. And the "Destiny" would have no way of contacting them, and I doubt those Asgard would be willing to help out. In fact, they'd probably swipe the "Destiny" and strand the crew somewhere.
              First of all, we have all the Asgard's tech so we could theoretically bring one with us. (unlikely though, since we probably can't reproduce those devices yet)

Second, the Ancients could also posess similar technology.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
              Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                That surprisingly fit them all perfectly.

I'd love them to address the issue of a lack of supplies. Not just clothing, but everything you need in day to day life.
                Agreed. I don't want them to have the technology to just make whatever they want. That's too easy (and it's been done).

The cynical part of me says that they'll ignore the clothing issue, mention periodically through the first season that they need to go trade for food and technology, and then conveniently forget about the supply problems after the first few episodes.

But the optimistic side of me hopes it'll be a bit more like Farscape, where the need for supplies is a reoccurring issue (until they rob a bank and then they never have to worry about supplies ever again ).

But maybe they'll just assign some random airman to constant laundry duty. Or maybe they'll slowly transition into wearing "alien" clothes that they pick up on their expeditions. In which case, I hope the costume department gets busy.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Maybe there is something like the asgard core so they can make what they need like they did in Unending.
                  Tst

Comment

ah ha so that's how they're going to up the demographic of young males (and females too depending on how fit the actors bods are). They'll have to go as nature intended!

LOL seriously though I love the idea of it being a background issue. Slowly as the episodes go on we see their uniforms gradually begin to disintegrate from over use and lack of stain remover. A slightly more expanded version of ST: Voyager where Janeway and her lack of coffee play out over several epsidoes in a background kind of way until finally we get the order to go into that nebula, there's coffee in there.
                    sigpic

Comment

*spoilers*

Obviosly there going to have a 4 episode story arc for the mid-season 100% based on finding clothes! or 6 Filler Episdodes on it :-D
                      67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                        If we do find clothing onboard hopefully we don't go exploring new galaxies looking like the Romulans.
                        That can't possibly happen. Humans don't have pointy ears.
                        Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

I realize I am in the minority of SciFi fans, but I have to ask this. Why is it so important to so many that mudane things like laundry and bathroom facilities be addressed? What shows revolve around these types of issues? The arguement for keeping it real doesn't hold up. Every season of 22 episodes could consist of episode 1, find a new race that doesn't speak any human language. Episodes 2-20 figure out how to communicate with them, while doing the laundry, fixing the plumbing, sleeping, and eating. Episodes 21 and 22 have some sort of interesting interaction with the aliens.

LOTS of things happen off screen. It's a tv show, not a documentary. God forbid they do a show that takes place and 3am. We could be watching them sleep for an hour.

Heck - in the show 24, which is supposed to happen in one continuous day, do they show them taking time out for a bathroom break? NO!!!

Is that what people really want

Comment

It isn't important. I think the subject was brought up for humor to see what everyone might think of the particular question, and wasn't intended to be taken seriously by anyone. So everybody just tossed in a funny idea in answer to the question. Lots of people have likely wondered (in passing) about it and somebody just decided to ask the question.

Comment

I hope they barter for a stash of clothes and then find out later they were wearing them backwards. Rush can put them on however he wants just to be different and then find out later he was "right".

Make it a slam on BSG for those backwards, brown tank tops. Hey, shouldn't BSG clothes be showing some wear by now?

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                They will find an ancient washing machine!

Derr lol
                                They won't be able to use it, though, because it will have dangerous side effects.

Originally posted by cmuty
                                Why is it so important to so many that mudane things like laundry and bathroom facilities be addressed?
                                In this case the clothing problem should be addressed if they didn't pack their suitcases. It will just make the show seem silly if they wear the same stuff for years and it always looks immaculate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X