Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before, William Shatner would be the best choice.

Denny Crane: Take us out mr. Sulu.

Comment

Corin Nemec FTW!

Comment

Should be Adam Baldwin - that way he can be totally Jayne-like and pound the stuffing out of the 'young n00b cast' when they start becoming an inevitable bunch of whiny snotnoses...
        sigpic
        My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

It's probably been said but you know who i'd love to lead it, or at least be part of the team?

Jonas Quinn.
          Corin Nemec FTW!
          Yes, yes, yes!!! I wouldn't definitely watch if Corin was on there ^.^ Especially if he were the leader of the expedition.

I think Jonas would be the perfect leader. He has the in-field experience from being apart of SG-1 for a year, and he has the diplomatic experience from overseeing the alliance between all the nations on his planet. He's extremely smart, a very quick study; I mean he read all the material on the base in just a few weeks. And didn't they say he was leading the fight against the Ori on his home planet? (I think Joe Mallozzi said something about it a while ago).

I was just thinking to myself last night... The Atlantis expedition was made up of people from all the different counties on earth. It would be cool if this expedition was made up of people from all different planets. Like, people that are allied with Earth. That would give them an excellent reason to bring Jonas in to lead the expedition.

And I've said it a million time already but I always hated the way they got rid of Jonas; he deserves to come back. I really want to see Jonas again and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

Jonas for SGU!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedvsBlue View Post
            Casper Van Dien would be awesome as the squad leader / ship commander
            I'd love to see him in a starship troopers series.. but not this

Comment

I reckon the lead will be female, I'd rather they just took Sheppard across. It'll be hard to find someone to fill the standard SG team leader role started by RDA. So thats why i think they'll try female.

You think they'd try someone like Starbuck from BSG? They want the show to be similar.. wouldn't surprise me if they took some casting from it. Maybe have her not quite be such of a dick ****ed up character.. but she could fit... And she's not pretty enough to look out of place in the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
                You think they'd try someone like Starbuck from BSG?
                No way, we dont need ugly hoes like Starbuck in Stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
                  I reckon the lead will be female, I'd rather they just took Sheppard across. It'll be hard to find someone to fill the standard SG team leader role started by RDA. So thats why i think they'll try female.
                  I'd be VERY surprised if their primary lead is a female. A Weir-like supervisory position, maybe, but not on the front lines. As you said, Jack has set the mold for what TPTB expect/want in a lead and both Mitchell and Sheppard have followed dutifully in his footsteps. Sam didn't last long in the Number One spot before being supplanted by a male and gimmicks aside, most of the other team leaders seem to be decidedly masculine as well.

You talk as if you think the writers want SGU to be different. It's an... interesting position and with a different set of writers I might be inclined to consider it a possibility, but we're talking about the Stargate writers here, and from what I've seen they definitely prefer treading on familiar- and safe- territory. Girls certainly have their place... and that place is behind a leading male.

I'm still kinda partial to Ed Quinn, myself, but I have a feeling he wouldn't work as a team leader. I mean, he's forty! That's practically decrepit from a teen POV. As the head rugrat wrangler, though, I think he'd be well suited.

Comment

Originally posted by pilota View Post
                    My vote is for Michael Trucco - Anders from BSG.
                    uh huh! yep he would be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                      Robert Picardo.

one could only be so lucky to send him across the universe and away from atlantis.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by rogue12 View Post
                        for smart scientist that young haley maybe?
                        I've suggested Jennifer Hailey in a couple of places. I think her character would be a great selection for this show.

Even though I do like Robert Picardo, I can't see why he would be on the mission to investigate Destiny. It's like saying that Hammond would go on a re-con mission with SG:1. It's not something that is appropriate for the character (unless some kind of extraordinary circumstances were to come along).

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

From the vibes I've seen I get the feeling that we're more likely to see Poochinski than Hailey. But I could always be wrong. First time for everything, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            From the vibes I've seen I get the feeling that we're more likely to see Poochinski than Hailey. But I could always be wrong. First time for everything, ya know.
                            "Poochinski? I love that show."

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

As I said before, William Shatner would be perfect choice. He would be excellent in role of major general Denny Cr...erm...Kir...

Shat: Take us out mr. Lorne. *Destiny flys away*

Comment

Hmm, just thought of it. Why not Mitch Pileggi? He is a known actor and a familiar face in the Stargate universe, he would also be very fitting as a 'ships captain'.

Comment

Working...
                                X