Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess which four words stood out to me?

Spoiler:
    If you thought 'the lovely Elyse Levesque' then you have succeeded in being aware of the obvious and don't win any prizes.

BTW, the flash on the syfy universe site for the last image of the photo galleries is still broken.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I have returned.

After Atlantis I wasn't hopeful about Universe; After seeing the trailer I have to say OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

The ship looks fantastic! It is the coolest looking ship the series has ever produced. It looks totally different from the previous series AMAZING!

THE ONLY THING I REGRET IS PEEKING ON IT NOW CUZ I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH BEFORE THE PILOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

A month? Not quite.
        Oh, and your reaction is pleasing
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          A month? Not quite.
          Oh, and your reaction is pleasing

Thanks. Still too long

I am confused though the Trailer depicted Death Gliders attacking I doubt we went to war with the Jaffa So I speculate the Goauld Trust is still around and if so I wonder if one of the Destinys crew is a goauld spy. I doubt that they will make it a regular thing but like what happened to Caldwell in season 2 in Atlantis.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

It's actually the
            Spoiler:
            Lucian Alliance
            , according to various sources.

Comment

Hello Jenks

Hermiod uses the Daedalus transporter system to remove the Goa'uld from Caldwell.

and i can't wait either not long though

Col.jonnyjohn

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                Why did that get dropped in this thread? It's still not funny. (Yes, that character was re-purposed into Ronald Greer)
                It's still not funny? You've seen it before? It got dropped in here because it was apparently deleted from it's previous drop point.

As far as funny goes. To each his own. I find military terminology and affectations amusing, especially the understatement style where instead of saying that something was "blown to high hell", you say something like "the vehicle of interest was successfully apprehended."

So I guess "Psycho Staziak" was too cliché.
                sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                  You're probably right. I haven't paid much attention lately. I don't want to spoil my premiere night viewing experience.

Ronald Greer? Sounds like a flour mill worker. Not a very military sounding name.

Unstable Tough Guys are lots of fun. Teal'c and Ronan were too civilized and likeable. It's the extremes that create the most entertaining interpersonal clashes and such. For example SGA's Cavanaugh with the pony-tail was posterior orifice (expletive replaced) personified and it was a hoot.

Too bad the writers just can't leave well enough alone and have to mellow-out and civilize everybody. Even Todd the Wraith was practically a flower-sniffing Barry Manilow fan by the end of SGA.
                  Well, Ronald Greer is better than the 'psycho' nickname, which may sound cool for people who play videogames like 'left 4 dead' but may not do very well with the mass audiences, plus I can imagine a focus group going "is this guy nuts?" At least his name doesn't make you go, wait a sec, like...

Cameron Mitchell in SG1 - same name as actor popular in westerns
                  Eli Wallace - so similar to Eli Wallach it's ridiculous. I wonder if someone liked that actor

All names have to go through legal research so they don't get sued.

And Ronald Greer is a real Seattle-based photographer - http://www.rongreer.com/ - comes up first in Google.

But anyway, there's nothing wrong with tough guys if they're done well. If theyr'e stereotyped, you've got problems. And 'psycho' is such a stereotype. Haven't seen the show yet (of course) but it's somewhat disturbing that military personnel with possible mental instability (as alluded by all the stuff out from TPTB etc.) would be send off-world. However, oddly enough, I *can* see civilians who are problematic going off-world if they are geniuses. They also don't carry guns. You don't want people with short tempers carrying guns. It's never a good mix.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Not really the same though is it?

Spoiler:
                    They said it would be self-contained and seperate from SG-1 and Atlantis, and that it would have no humanoid English-speaking aliens, and this casting proves neither are true.
                    I gave up on "separate from SG-1/SGA" when I heard about RDA, Michael Shanks, and Amanda Tapping.

I'm trying to roll with the punches now.

I may just end up throwing a few of my own. Who knows.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                      I gave up on "separate from SG-1/SGA" when I heard about RDA, Michael Shanks, and Amanda Tapping.

I'm trying to roll with the punches now.

I may just end up throwing a few of my own. Who knows.
                      Which will be in very few episodes, and one can be a lot different and tone and still have people in it from previous incarnations of the franchise, look at Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        Which will be in very few episodes, and one can be a lot different and tone and still have people in it from previous incarnations of the franchise, look at Star Trek.
                        Star Trek spinoffs never pretended to be separate from the previous series.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Star Trek spinoffs never pretended to be separate from the previous series.
                          But one or two of them were radically different in tone from some of the others.

Comment

But one or two of them were radically different in tone from some of the others.
                            Thats not the point. It was never sold to be different like SGU was.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Thats not the point. It was never sold to be different like SGU was.
                              But SGU will probably be different. The reviewers certainly think so, a large segment of the GW community certainly think so, and a lot of SGA fans certainly think so. Just including one or two special guest stars...especially since they are the EXPERTS in their respective fields does not mean that the show is going to be anything like SG series previous to it. Though I imagine you will get some aspects of it in this new series from time to time (guest stars for instance)

Comment

But SGU will probably be different. The reviewers certainly think so, a large segment of the GW community certainly think so, and a lot of SGA fans certainly think so. Just including one or two special guest stars...especially since they are the EXPERTS in their respective fields does not mean that the show is going to be anything like SG series previous to it. Though I imagine you will get some aspects of it in this new series from time to time (guest stars for instance)
                                It starts with a few guest stars then its simliar technology then old enemies and before you know it we have a show that is almost like the old Stargate. We've seen it before. I'm looking at you Atlantis
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X