Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
    Because
    Spoiler:
    they use that computer for dialing.

and of course "dramatic moment"
    that shouldnt make a difference, should it??
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It starts with a few guest stars then its simliar technology then old enemies and before you know it we have a show that is almost like the old Stargate. We've seen it before. I'm looking at you Atlantis
      :: Atlantis cowers in fear ::

Pretty much what you said is what I meant when I made my initial statement.

It's a slippery slope. Writers will always be more comfortable with the familiar. So they've allowed themselves an escape hatch (the body switching device) in case of emergencies. Which isn't bad in and of itself. It's just....disappointing.

But again, it hasn't aired so I don't know. I can't judge fairly yet, I can only assume. We'll see what happens.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
        that shouldnt make a difference, should it??
        Yes

Spoiler:
        the gate in the SGC spins because of the Earth computer while the MW DHD gates don't spin. I
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          One word: Juliet
          Not so secret.
          They will now: a vegetable chopper.
          lob a food processor at them then...
          SG-1 members
          Atlantis Team members

Comment

It starts with a few guest stars then its simliar technology then old enemies and before you know it we have a show that is almost like the old Stargate. We've seen it before. I'm looking at you Atlantis
            IT did not happen with Atlantis, it will not happen with Universe. Well not in terms of over reaching arcs and significance, it happened a grand total of one time in Atlantis.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            :: Atlantis cowers in fear ::

Pretty much what you said is what I meant when I made my initial statement.

It's a slippery slope. Writers will always be more comfortable with the familiar. So they've allowed themselves an escape hatch (the body switching device) in case of emergencies. Which isn't bad in and of itself. It's just....disappointing.

But again, it hasn't aired so I don't know. I can't judge fairly yet, I can only assume. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              IT did not happen with Atlantis, it will not happen with Universe. Well not in terms of over reaching arcs and significance, it happened a grand total of one time in Atlantis.

It sure did happen Atlantis. I hope it doesn't happen on Universe. At first it was different. By S2 the show was too simliar to SG1 which is okay since I liked SG1 but I am ready for something different. Something that isn't Tauri Good you bad.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It sure did happen Atlantis. I hope it doesn't happen on Universe. At first it was different. By S2 the show was too simliar to SG1 which is okay since I liked SG1 but I am ready for something different. Something that isn't Tauri Good you bad.
                Tauri will be good and something will be bad though There will be a few bad tauri. But that has always happened in SG, since the very first season.
                And even if they have a million pieces of old tech, a thousand old characters, and a hundred old enemies pop up in the show it could still be radically different then either of the previous two incarnations of the show, in tones, in plot, and in attitude, which is all they have tried to sell, tat it will be different in those respects

Comment

Tauri will be good and something will be bad though There will be a few bad tauri. But that has always happened in SG, since the very first season.
                  But not in the main cast. It seems some in SGU will be diabolical. I'm looking at you Dr. Rush
                  And even if they have a million pieces of old tech, a thousand old characters, and a hundred old enemies pop up in the show it could still be radically different then either of the previous two incarnations of the show, in tones, in plot, and in attitude, which is all they have tried to sell, tat it will be different in those respects
                  It could but like Pan said all that old stuff tempts the writers with following in their old ways. Once again Atlantis as a prime example. Or look how VOY after a few times fell into TNG pattern
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

But not in the main cast. It seems some in SGU will be diabolical. I'm looking at you Dr. Rush

It could but like Pan said all that old stuff tempts the writers with following in their old ways. Once again Atlantis as a prime example. Or look how VOY after a few times fell into TNG pattern
                    McCkay was not a nice man.

Voyager never followed TNG at all, Voyager and TNG is about as different as meat and fruits. Though I do acknowlege that at times SGA followed similar plot ques and things like SG-1 did. THough Pan's concern is so perfectly valid as well, for that though we will have to wait and see over the next 2-3 seasons.

Comment

McCkay was not a nice man.
                      Ultimately he was. He may have been arrogant and snarky but he always did what in was the whole's best interest
                      Voyager never followed TNG at all, Voyager and TNG is about as different as meat and fruits. Though I do acknowlege that at times SGA followed similar plot ques and things like SG-1 did. THough Pan's concern is so perfectly valid as well, for that though we will have to wait and see over the next 2-3 seasons.
                      No arguement here except TNG/VOY comparassion but that is off topic
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ultimately he was. He may have been arrogant and snarky but he always did what in was the whole's best interest

No arguement here except TNG/VOY comparassion but that is off topic
                        Us, off topic? The infamy!

Comment

Us, off topic? The infamy!
                          What does infamy have to do with it?

Methinks you are not using your words right, SPHB.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            What does infamy have to do with it?

Methinks you are not using your words right, SPHB.
                            I am in a very frazzled mood right now...sue me

Comment

I am in a very frazzled mood right now...sue me
                              I wouldn't tempt Spaz. She would probably do it
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I wouldn't tempt Spaz. She would probably do it
                                Spaz?

Comment