Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    quite......

This is the casting call... read at own risk....
    Spoiler:
    [KIVA] (35-45, female) Strong willed commander of the Lucian Alliance. Who will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew...THREE EPISODE GUEST ARC; Submit all ethnicities. STAR NAMES PREFERRED
    Spoiler:
    What if she got on board the Destiny with the crew and sort of 'blended in'. That would make sense limiting the contact with Earth?

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
      Spoiler:
      What if she got on board the Destiny with the crew and sort of 'blended in'. That would make sense limiting the contact with Earth?
      Spoiler:
      This will probably lead into the season final. It goes with the title anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Sounds beyond crap to me. Really uninspired, not what I was wanting to hear.
        I thought the same about the original character breakdowns.

And now, what do ya know? Best cast and most diverse group of characters yet. I think we should give TPTB the benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

Perhaps they were thinking this was a chance to flesh out the faceless attackers of Icarus base. Makes sense that viewers would be wondering who was personally responsible so including such a character later in the season seems logical.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Sounds beyond crap to me. Really uninspired, not what I was wanting to hear.
            I find yours and many others' lack of faith disturbing...
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              On the other hand, perhaps it's because after more than a decade of watching SG1/SGA, fans also know what to expect - or not expect - from the writers??

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

And now, what do ya know? Best cast and most diverse group of characters yet. I think we should give TPTB the benefit of the doubt for now.
                Not really the same though is it?

Spoiler:
                They said it would be self-contained and seperate from SG-1 and Atlantis, and that it would have no humanoid English-speaking aliens, and this casting proves neither are true.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Hey!! That's my thing!

anywho, I don't exactly what to expect from this cast issue at all. Would there be a small b plot on earth that could tie all of this together?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    On the other hand, perhaps it's because after more than a decade of watching SG1/SGA, fans also know what to expect - or not expect - from the writers??
                    You have to remember these same producers/writers brought us eps like Irresistable and Citizen Joe to just name a couple of bad eps.

They also brought us a lot of amazing eps, too many to even list.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Well LA 'aliens' are certainly MW-import-aliens so the Destiny galaxy may still stay a rubberface-humanoid-english-speaking-alien free zone. Hopefully. But I don't like the thought that this whiny alliance makes the cliffhanger enemy for the first season. I would have preferred some predatory alien which really likes to eat humans. Or some ship internal problems with a little mutany perhaps, or food shortage, something like that. At least I can still pray for and season 2 pilot which doesn't involve some unlikely help from earth, but demands the crew to solve it alone.
                      sigpic
                      A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Well LA 'aliens' are certainly MW-import-aliens so the Destiny galaxy may still stay a rubberface-humanoid-english-speaking-alien free zone. Hopefully. But I don't like the thought that this whiny alliance makes the cliffhanger enemy for the first season. I would have preferred some predatory alien which really likes to eat humans. Or some ship internal problems with a little mutany perhaps, or food shortage, something like that. At least I can still pray for and season 2 pilot which doesn't involve some unlikely help from earth, but demands the crew to solve it alone.
                        Spoiler:
                        Haven't aggressive, predatory parasitical aliens been done to death in SG? Also, I just find the concept of an alien race that would be advanced, spacefaring, and intelligent going around eating other intelligent species for fun or pleasure just seems so far-fetched. One of the problems I always had with the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Duskofdead View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Haven't aggressive, predatory parasitical aliens been done to death in SG? Also, I just find the concept of an alien race that would be advanced, spacefaring, and intelligent going around eating other intelligent species for fun or pleasure just seems so far-fetched. One of the problems I always had with the Wraith.
                          Spoiler:
                          Maybe aggressive, predatory parasitic aliens are what makes Stargate so much fun. It just wouldn't be the same with vegetarian, pacifist aliens. Besides, there's one school of thought that suggests that most realistic aliens will be predatory and quite belligerent - the most intelligent and arguably most advanced animals on Earth are all effective and aggressive social predators. Humans, dolphins and chimps, for example.

As for the fun and pleasure bit...why is that far fetched? If you have to eat (and vegetarianism isn't an option), why not at least enjoy it?

*Realises what thread this is*
                          And that's why I support aggressive aliens in SGU.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            You have to remember these same producers/writers brought us eps like Irresistable and Citizen Joe to just name a couple of bad eps.

They also brought us a lot of amazing eps, too many to even list.
                            Unfortunately the duds do stand out (and I sorta like Citizen Joe, which, for a clip episode, was sorta fun, but Irresistable - gah, if they hadn't followed up with the other one cuz they thought LUcius was such a fun guy....)

I'll have to go back and see who wrote the episodes I really liked (although I know Jeff E King only wrote the one, alas).

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

Diverse?
                              Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              Perhaps they were thinking this was a chance to flesh out the faceless attackers of Icarus base. Makes sense that viewers would be wondering who was personally responsible so including such a character later in the season seems logical.

Plus give a likely explanation as to what was going on, so not really spoilerish it just confirms a lot of what was happening in the few episodes, and maybe a season arc? Who knows on just speculation...

Comment

Not really the same though is it?

Spoiler:
                                They said it would be self-contained and seperate from SG-1 and Atlantis, and that it would have no humanoid English-speaking aliens, and this casting proves neither are true.
                                Spoiler:
                                From how I see it, introducing the Kiva character doesn't contradict that. Even though they may not have been born on Earth, most of the people in the Lucian Alliance are human. Therefore, the part that I bolded is still true (as far as we can tell). They aren't a different species, so it doesn't qualify for that.

(Yes, I know. She is 'alien', but she is still human. 'Alien' can have many meanings. Some specific, others more broad.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X