Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    LOL, I was wondering what LGBT meant.

I thought the LA were some kind of LGBT. I googled "LGBT Stargate" to know from what episode in SG1 is this LGBT organisation or groupings came up. At least now I know they are the Long-term Ground Battle Tacticians from the US army.

Strangely, I called the US army about it and the guy on the phone just told me I shouldn't ask and he won't have to tell about me. Whatever, I hanged up. That sucks. But I'll send my letter soon to become part of this LGBT unit. Defending my country with pride.
    sigpic

Comment

Jeremy writes: “1. Will there ever be an extended opening credit sequence like Sg1?(sorry if question was already asked) [...]”

Answers: 1. Alas, no plans to produce one. [...]

SpectreFire writes: “1) Are secondary characters like Becker, Boone or even Dunning going to get more screen time and more things to do in the 2nd season? (provided they survive the season finale).

2) Are any plans to promote some of the more prolific secondary characters like Brody, Volker, James, etc to a regular slot?”

Answers: 1) We’ve got a pretty big cast, so we’ll be concentrating on our main players.

2) No – but this doesn’t mean they won’t see some significant action/screen time in season two.

Kymm also writes: “How many episodes in total for Season 2?”

Answer: 20.

E writes: “Just for kicks, what kind of notes do other writers usually add? Like, ‘she wouldn’t say that’ or ‘the gun can’t shoot that far’ or ‘Why didn’t Eli turn the night vision on’… ?”

Answer: Everything from pointing out simple spelling errors to requests that necessitate a significant rewrite on certain sections of the script. And, yes, logic rules.

Sean D. also writes: “Will the significance of the number 46, as discovered in episode “Human”, be revisited in season 2 of SGU?”

Answer: Perhaps in time.

Daniel Fleming writes: “When will Stargate Universe season two be aired?”

Answer: This fall.

mitcheron writes: “is there any chance in season 2 of sgu you can go back to the story line types of sg1 and atlantis i love both of em and sgu doesnt grip me any more i love the ship the main idea of it too but i miss the style of sg1 and atlantis most of sgu sofar is rush and young trying to beat each other and the small comedic lines have disapeared its turning into a soap you remember when you go to watch tv middle of the day turns out there is a soap on and all it is is over dramatic acting i dont wana see sgu turn into that please can you atleast find away to bring a few laughs into sgu?”

Answer: sgu is a different type of show from the previous incarnations and its unfortunate it didnt grab you but have you checked out the back half because id say there is a definite progression in the series as we move along with the first part of the season dedicated to establish our characters and the shows basic premise while the next two thirds offer much more in the way of action aliens and even humor which is something we are continuing into season two.

Sam V writes: “Will we find out in season 2 why there’s a countdown timer and why the time is variable?”

Answer: Nope. The assumption is the Destiny sets the time based on its assumption of how long it would take the crew to explore or retrieve resources from a given planet.

jinx writes: “Just curious, are there any plans to make the story lines more palatable for families with teens?”

Answer: Yes. Less displays of affection and much more violent mayhem in the last few episodes.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-airs-tonight/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Very nice end to the season tonight. Universe has come a long way since the very first episode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow is all I can say...this series started out really badly for me but wow if it didn't pick up. Previous was right that in stargate fashion they did an amazing cliff hanger. I'm mad and happy at the same time.

Comment

jinx writes: “Just curious, are there any plans to make the story lines more palatable for families with teens?”

Answer: Yes. Less displays of affection and much more violent mayhem in the last few episodes.

Comment

LOL, I was wondering what LGBT meant.

I thought the LA were some kind of LGBT. I googled "LGBT Stargate" to know from what episode in SG1 is this LGBT organisation or groupings came up. At least now I know they are the Long-term Ground Battle Tacticians from the US army.

Strangely, I called the US army about it and the guy on the phone just told me I shouldn't ask and he won't have to tell about me. Whatever, I hanged up. That sucks. But I'll send my letter soon to become part of this LGBT unit. Defending my country with pride.
              I almost died laughing

Comment

I was thinking about the main differences in SGU recently, and I had the thought that one major feature is that unlike SG-1 and SGA, Earth is not in peril.
                This means that personal conflicts are able to come to the fore, because they are not so dwarfed by the big issues of protecting Earth from Goa'uld/Wraith/Ori. It also means that they don't have to keep endangering Earth to up the suspense, so they can focus on smaller issues without it seeming out of place.
                Not that there's anything wrong with how that was done in the other series, I'm just saying that it's working well for SGU
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Very nice end to the season tonight. Universe has come a long way since the very first episode.
                  I concur...

Originally posted by frosted21 View Post
                  Wow is all I can say...this series started out really badly for me but wow if it didn't pick up. Previous was right that in stargate fashion they did an amazing cliff hanger. I'm mad and happy at the same time.
                  Same for me. I didn't like it at first, but its worked its way into the "like" catergory...although...I'm still not in love with the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post

You beat me to it EllieVee, I was going to quote it and post it too. That was funny.

Personally, I would love to see a Sci-fi TV series manned by Joseph Mallozi (and his partner in crime). He seems to make a lot of his script in Stargate. I'm not much of a comic reader unfortunately.
                    Last edited by Commander Zelix; 12 June 2010, 07:30 PM.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I've finally got the time to really get back into watching SGU. Truth be told, when the first half ended I was still kind of meh on the whole thing, so when the second half premiered I wasn't excited enough to tune in week after week after week.

Well, my inner SF nerd beat me out and I'm back on the SGU bandwagon. Haven't gotten through all of the final 10 episodes (I've just started "Human"), but so far I've got to say that I'm far more impressed with the latter end of the series than I was with the earlier episodes. Not that they didn't have their merit, but the fact that the communications stones have so far factored into the stories about a fraction of what they were in the earlier episodes is really upping my enjoyment of the series.

And I think what with the story progressing, I have a finer appreciation for the first half as well. I still hate the stones and need them to die in a fire and fast, but I'm starting to view this series as more of an SF novel than an SF show...if that makes any sense. In novels you've got the long narratives and character introductions through expositions of backstory and whatnot, and that's kind of what I feel SGU attempted to do in its earlier episodes; establish more than just a backdrop for space battles and make the characters more than set pieces with programmable attitudes and one-liners.

Maybe once I get through the season once, I'll go back and rewatch, but right now I'm really enjoying the ride far more than I expected to after a lackluster start.

And now I'll go back to not reading the forum until after I finish the series lest I spoil the ending.
                      sigpic

Comment

Who the hell are you?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Who the hell are you?
                          You don't have to be rude.

The guy seems like a fan or did I miss his strong sarcasm?
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Who the hell are you?
                            Ahem...

I remember you being bright the last time I was around...have things changed that much?

sigpic

Comment

You missed the plethora the banter that happens between those two. Besides even PG15 deserves a pet
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

strong sarcasm. pan jel and PG are good friends.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X