Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Probably Intervention. Isn't that the episode they are shooting right now?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      wow jm has really gone downhill in the past years
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Probably Intervention. Isn't that the episode they are shooting right now?
        yep
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Now, as promised, you have questions and I have answers. Well, some answers…

t’lock writes: “How does the fact that Col Young told Dr Rush, that the kino kept recording so he (col Young) knew that Rush was behind the gun being in his quarters, affects dr Rush and Eli relationship going forward?”

Answer: I’d say Eli is stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, he’s got Rush who framed Young in order to undermine his leadership. On the other hand, he’s got Young who Eli strongly suspects of trying to kill Rush by stranding him on that planet. I’d say his working and personal relationships with both have been complicated by recent events.

Bryan M. White writes: “Throw in a mutiny, the only thing missing is what happened to Franklin.”

Answer: A mutiny, you say? Tune in next week. As for Franklin…oh, we haven’t forgotten about him.

dasNdanger writes: “Liked the aliens a lot. I was a bit annoyed with the use of English in the beginning, but then understood later on how they knew the language.”

Answer: Most fans were smart enough to figure it out. One reviewer didn’t.

Kevin writes: “Who is James crying for in bed?”

Answer: The fact that this scene of James, alone in bed, came on the heels of the scene of Scott and Chloe in bed together was intended to suggest a connection. James is crying because she’s lost Scott to Chloe. A scene that didn’t make the cut (actually the final draft) that could have shed a little more light on this took place after Chloe’s capture. Scott is marching down the hall from the shuttle when James approaches and asks if he’s alright. He curtly dismisses her, more interested in pressing Young about Chloe. It was a quick scene we had to lose due to the domino effect of a changed storyline (you’ll find out about that in the coming episodes).

Craig writes: “BTW, how long after the events of “Justice” does “Space” take place? A day or two? A week?”

Answer: Although it’s never specified, it’s safe to assume that it could have been about a week.

Craig also writes: “Also, is there an official name for the alien species?”

Answer: Nope. We refer to them as “the Space aliens”. Creative, no?

PBMom writes: “Surely they didn’t have time to bring razors with them when escaping from Icarus.”

Answer: They were evacuating and had time to grab whatever was handy – and that certainly may have included pre-packed survival kits.

Fred writes: “One thing I didn’t get though was after Rush killed the alien and Col. Young attempted to use the communication stones to get back, why didn’t he just connect to Earth? Were the aliens blocking the communication? If that’s the case, why was it that specific alien individual that Young inhabited? Do they have a set of communication stones onboard?”

Answer: We’ll find out more about why Young ended up connecting with the alien in a future episode.

Cat4444 writes: “It also appears that some connection may have developed between Chloe and Rush.”

Answer: Hmmm. Now that you mention it…yes. More on that next week.

Paloosa writes: “At the end of “Justice”, Rush said that Young “didn’t believe in the mission”. Was Rush’s belief about Young based more in a general sense of his perceived lack of Young’s commitment to the Stargate program? If so, how does that relate to their current situation on Destiny? I thought the mission was to get back to earth.”

Answer: While there is certainly a desire on the part of Young and almost everyone else on board to get back to Earth, the “mission” Rush refers to is actually Destiny’s mission, the very reason it was built and launched by the Ancients. As to what that mission is…more on that in the coming episodes.

Michael writes: “Among the staff, who came up with the water motif with the aliens’ looks and those chambers Chloe and Rush were kept in?”

Answer: Brad had an idea for the water motif from very early on, but the look of the ship and its aliens developed out of input provided by Brad, Rob, James Robbins, Mark Savela, and the VFX and Art Department.

KEK writes: “All in all a great episode, I was disappointed that the aliens were in fact humanoid though, even though the producers said they wouldn’t be…”

Answer: Don’t remember the producers ever saying the aliens wouldn’t be humanoid. Do remember saying we didn’t want to do humanoid English-speaking aliens.

Major D. Davis writes: “In the end, when Rush is talking with Wray, Rush tells Wray he tried something to get Young out of the way and Young nearly killed him. Does that mean Rush told Wray that he tried to frame Young for murder.”

Answer: Nope. Given Wray’s response to unfolding events in Justice, it’s fairly clear that she didn’t know what was really going on.

Parallax writes: “Quick question, now that we’ve had justice (which became the mid season finale) and space which was going to be the original finale, how much did you have to change both episodes after splitting fire into “Light” and “Darkness”, did you add/remove or just leave every thing as it was?”

Answer: Not at all.

Shoeboogie writes: “You only gave us a brief bit of exposition about what happened to Rush alone on the planet. Will there be flashbacks to that time or do you consider more details on that story of little interest?”

Answer: The brief overview of events Rush offers at episode’s end will have to suffice.

dasNdanger writes: “When you get good feedback like you’ve had for Space, do you feel a bit of relief? And do you feel a little anxious before the episode airs, wondering how viewers will react?”

Answer: While it’s always nice to receive positive feedback, I’m really passed the point where I feel any anxiety prior to one of my episode’s airing (as opposed to say, the very real anxiety I experience every time I deliver a script). Fact is there will always be people out there who will love it, and there will always be people out there who’ll hate it. There is never a 100% score either way. Rather than concern myself with the general consensus, I prefer to zero in on what only a handful of individuals think. Like, for instance you. I ask myself: “Did Das like it?”. If “Yes”, then I can sleep better tonight.

jeremsg1 writes: “I would like to know if these Aliens are introduced in Air only for this episode (Space) or it’s plannified that they will come back in the future?”

Answer: Oh, I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see them again.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-3-2010-space/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Surprising responses by Mallozi about the relationship.

I thought James was way over Scott and it was really the last stint with Caine which made her face her loneliness. I still think James was crying over her loneliness with Caine being the last drop. What Mallozi said is non-canon. LOL

I also thought Wray was in on it on Justice (framing Young). I don't recall every reaction she had on that episode but the way Rush tells her everything about it (why?) and her reaction made be believe she knew it **for sure** right from the start. Why would he tell her about it otherwise?
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              Surprising responses by Mallozi about the relationship.

I thought James was way over Scott and it was really the last stint with Caine which made her face her loneliness. I still think James was crying over her loneliness with Caine being the last drop. What Mallozi said is non-canon. LOL

I also thought Wray was in on it on Justice (framing Young). I don't recall every reaction she had on that episode but the way Rush tells her everything about it (why?) and her reaction made be believe she knew it **for sure** right from the start. Why would he tell her about it otherwise?
              I was thinking the same thing about James at the end there. I hope she will be alright.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

so the Destiny has a specific mission...interesting
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Craig writes: “BTW, how long after the events of “Justice” does “Space” take place? A day or two? A week?”

Answer: Although it’s never specified, it’s safe to assume that it could have been about a week.
                  In that case, more time must've elapsed between "Life" and "Justice". Not sure how much time it would take from seeds sprouting to having the green garden they had in "Space".
                  sigpic

Comment

I am getting weary of all the in-fighting. Frankly, I was hoping Rush was gone. The Space episode was more interesting, but if I wanted to watch these kind of stories, I would be watching re-runs of Caligula. Can we get back to the adventure and the action? Since the situation precludes any of the main characters being replaced, will there be any movement, growth? Rush is a sociopath and Young is pitiful. Where is Jack O'Neil when you need him?

Comment

Jack O' Neill is happily ensconced in SG1
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by ktynes View Post
                        I am getting weary of all the in-fighting. Frankly, I was hoping Rush was gone. The Space episode was more interesting, but if I wanted to watch these kind of stories, I would be watching re-runs of Caligula. Can we get back to the adventure and the action? Since the situation precludes any of the main characters being replaced, will there be any movement, growth? Rush is a sociopath and Young is pitiful. Where is Jack O'Neil when you need him?
                        This isn't SG-1, it's never going to be that type of action/adventure, so don't expect the in-fighting to stop any time soon - or ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          This isn't SG-1, it's never going to be that type of action/adventure, so don't expect the in-fighting to stop any time soon - or ever.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ktynes View Post
                            I am getting weary of all the in-fighting. Frankly, I was hoping Rush was gone.
                            Frankly, that was a pretty lofty hope to have been...hoping for. It's Robert Carlyle. The odds of him being written out anytime soon are slim-to-none.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              Frankly, that was a pretty lofty hope to have been...hoping for. It's Robert Carlyle. The odds of him being written out anytime soon are slim-to-none.
                              That would be suicide!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

Probably because he realized that Wray is a valuable allie to have if he really wanted to get rid of Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X