Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    CONTAGIOUS dots
    With the cure in the stripes.

Comment

Yes, tag spoilers please.

In the episode folders, spoil your heart out. no tags needed for anything prior to the folder you're in.

for example, if you're in the pain folder, no tags needed for anything that aired before pain, but speculation for the episodes after pain need to be tagged. (And it's preferable that you don't go in depth about future eps)

In this folder, and anywhere else on the forum, tag ALL spoilers.

We want to allow folks to talk without the forum being a mine field of untagged spoilers
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        So I think I get it, but it might be just flying right over my head.
        He's attacking a family member because he's not on SGU because that's obviously the appropriate response in such a situation . I believe this parody is intended to demonstrate/mock the illogic of attacking the family members of the SGU cast (because that's no less misdirected than David insulting his own sister (which, because he's doing it and because we know he doesn't really mean it, is funny, but when other people do it it's serious business))
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          He's attacking a family member because he's not on SGU because that's obviously the appropriate response in such a situation . I believe this parody is intended to demonstrate/mock the illogic of attacking the family members of the SGU cast (because that's no less misdirected than David insulting his own sister (which, because he's doing it and because we know he doesn't really mean it, is funny, but when other people do it it's serious business))
          Some of the comments from the actors have only baited fans or should I say former fans. Still, doesn't make it right. It truly is sad that there is very little unity in the fandom for Stargate.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Some of the comments from the actors have only baited fans or should I say former fans. Still, doesn't make it right. It truly is sad that there is very little unity in the fandom for Stargate.
            It's become a rather embarrassing fandom to be a part of to be honest. I don't think anything the actors have done has warranted some of the reactions they've personally received. I think baiting requires an intent, and I don't think there was any behind what the actors have said.

Comment

One of my SGU You Tube videos has gotten me an email inviting me to the You Tube Partnership program, allowing you to make money of vids. Spoilers up to the episode Light:

SGU- Air and Fire

Am I correct in assuming that would be illegal, considering I didn't actually create the footage or song?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                One of my SGU You Tube videos has gotten me an email inviting me to the You Tube Partnership program, allowing you to make money of vids. Spoilers up to the episode Light:

SGU- Air and Fire

Am I correct in assuming that would be illegal, considering I didn't actually create the footage or song?
                Um...first of all, really cool vid! I loved the song (and I loved Sunshine, ha!) as well.

Second, I'm not sure about that. I mean, I see why you might be afraid of that but why would YouTube offer you the partnership on a video with clearly copy-written content? Maybe go read up on the Partnership program's terms and policies?
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

SGU- Air and Fire

There is an argument that vidding falls under fair use, as does fan fiction, for example (they're called 'transformative works'). There are a number of academic and legal articles, in particular, about fan fic. I read one last year from the Loyola Law Journal from Rebecca Tushnet who has most of her articles available. I'm not a copyright lawyer though so I'd suggest a look at You Tube's agreements, etc.

Comment

I might have a look to see what the policy is, but I'm not sure I'd like to risk it for the sake of, what? Pennies maybe?

Comment

aaroNIGHTS writes: “How was a standard Stargate located at Icarus Base able to locate and dial Destiny? [...] How was it possible for a standard Stargate to make these calculations in order to connect to the Stargate aboard Destiny? How could the standard Stargate used possibly begin to know where Destiny could be?”

Answer: Given he fact that Destiny has been on the move for as long as it has, dropping in and out of FTL over the course of its lengthy journey, a MUCH greater distance than the effects of stellar drift, it’s clear that the onus on recalibrating the destination gate rests with Destiny once its particular address is dialed. While the address dialed may remain consistent the gates location is not.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Where do the strange looking glyphs for the ‘prototype’ Stargates come from? Are they a purely abstract symbol? Do these Stargates communicate with each other over subspace to give their position out before dialing? In one of the most recent episodes (UNI:‘Lost’) a dialing remote were shown to know all of the valid Stargates in range – including Destiny. Why do these prototype Stargates have the ability to determine what addresses are viable before dialing? It seems unfeasible that these prototype Stargates would have such advanced features yet subsequent Stargate networks constructed several million years later do not.”

Answer: We’ll be learning more about the gates as the series progresses but to answer your second question – yes, the gates communicate with Destiny. While the remote has the ability to determine what addresses are viable before dialing (those we are capable of securing a connection to), Destiny is also able to determine whether those viable gates should be locked out.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Why do these prototype Stargates use relatively small handheld touch screen dialing devices, yet the far more modern Stargates in the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies require far larger ‘Dial Home Devices’?”

Answer: Unlike the Milk Way and Pegasus galaxies, the Ancients weren’t looking to – for lack of a better way of putting it – “set up shop in the neighborhood”. It would appear they weren’t interested in fostering a gate network similar to the Milky Way and Pegasus where DHD’s allow for interplanetary travel. Also, the puddle jumpers were fitted with DHD’s, and I’d say that’s more advanced than any handheld remote.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Why were Destiny and the seeder ships launched with prototype Stargates? Why would such a great and long mission be placing possibly millions of Stargates that are an inferior, prototype model?”

Answer: Because, clearly, that’s what they were working with at the time.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “It is a fact, then, that the majority of Destiny’s lifetime has existed before the Ancients ascended to a higher plane of existence. So much so that much less than 1% of Destiny’s life has been without the Ancients. If this is the case, then why is Destiny so far out and incapable of dialing home? Has that last 1% of its journey put it past the threshold of a viable solar powered Gate trip home? More over, if Destiny is such an important ship in the Ancients plans, why is it still running outdated technology? Atlantis had been around for Millions of years, but no Ancient ever thought of upgrading the technology aboard Destiny? Did they just abandon it?”

Answer: Yes, they did just abandon it. Destiny was part of a very long-term project that was put in play millions of years ago. What its mission way and why the Ancients abandoned it remains a mystery.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Do these seeder ships fly into Stars and almost magically construct Stargates out of solar power?”

Answer: It’s safe to assume that they replenish their capacitors in much the same that Destiny does. As for how it constructs Stargates – we’ll have to wait and find out, but it certainly would make sense that the ships possess the capability to source material from the planets it passes.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Why didn’t the database have any information at all on what Destiny is? Did the Ancients in all their intelligence and glory just not bother to write anything down about it?”

Answer: Either that or the mission was of such a highly sensitive nature that its true aim was a closely guarded secret.

AaronNiGHTS writes: “Why would a race of people so heavily devoted to Science and “The systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation…[and] most of all, freedom of will” (‘Stargate: The Ark of Truth’) name something ‘Destiny’?”

Answer: Great question – which you’ll have to wait to find out the answer to.

Kevin writes: “I just realized that “Subversion” is airing on SyFy tonight but isn’t running on Space in Canada..we have to wait another week to see it when all along we’ve been watching it at the same time…”

Answer: Since SyFy is taking next week off for Memorial Weekend, I’m guessing Space decided to pre-empt a week early since, here in Canada, we’re celebrating St. Ignatius of Coca-Cola Day. Two weeks from now, I’m sure they’ll all be back on track to simultaneously air the first part of the season one finale.

Joan0001 writes: “If the Destiny is a seeder ship, then presumably it reaches planets that don’t have stargates.”

Answer: Randomness already answered the question but, just in case you missed it – Destiny is not a seed ship. Multiple seed ships were launched well ahead of Destiny and have been seeding planets with stargate in preparation for Destiny’s trailing journey.

ancarofl writes: “where do they get all the stuff that couldn’t have been on board of Destiny? Like leather couches, trainers, make-up, baby clothes?”

Answer: The furniture came with the place. They look like leather but they’re of a highly advanced material that withstands breakdown. Also, Destiny was featured in season two of Home Makeover and the entire place was redesigned. As for the baby jumper Chloe gave T.J. – she made that out of shipboard material. I snapped a pic of it – and the truck Riley made, also out of pieces from the ship. I’ll scour the archives and upload pics of both in the coming days.

BoltBait writes: “When Eli and Chloe are looking at the wrecked ships computer and she points to the symbol that leads to the map, Eli asks her why she chose that symbol and she basically says, “I don’t know.” Why?”

Answer: Why indeed? There’s a reason – and you won’t have to wait quite as long for the answer...
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-some-mailbag/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Did anyone feel really cosy with seeing the Goa'uld interior again? ( Not to mention Hyperspace! )

How did the final episodes get leaked? Again!?

Comment

So perhaps Destiny is an Ori project? Well not Ori obviously, but Alterans who later became the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                            Did anyone feel really cosy with seeing the Goa'uld interior again? ( Not to mention Hyperspace! )

How did the final episodes get leaked? Again!?
                            Yes...it was wonderful to see the Goa'uld interiors and good 'ole hyperspace! Felt quite homey! :-D

The last 3 episodes aired in the Ukraine first. IDK why or how...but they aired there first. So, that's how they got leaked. Supposedly nothing underhanded took place.
                            Last edited by LtColCarter; 22 May 2010, 10:49 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                              ?
                              i love it
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Mmmmmmmm, blue hyperspace. Yummy.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X