Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I begin today’s entry with another BIG guest blogger announcement. As you all know, Jamil Walker Smith and Elyse Levesque have your questions and are furiously working away on them, also managing to squeeze in time for their full-time jobs on Stargate: Universe. So to those of you asking – yes, they’re working on ‘em and should have their answers back our way…soon-ish. In the meantime, while we’re waiting, let’s put another Q&A into play...

Actress Alaina Huffman (SGU’s Tamara “TJ” Johansen) wants to hear from YOU. Yes, YOU. NOT that other guy or gal, but YOU. So if you have a question for Alain, post away. I’ll be gathering them up over the course of the next few days and will be sending them her way by week’s end – after which I’ll start collecting questions for yet another guest blogger!

Scott writes: “is the robot going to be doing like fixing up the broken parts of the ship now? so that like the crew can start exploring more of the ship?”

Answer: That’s the idea.

imadaman writes: “No hints about when the premiere took place? Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years after EatG?”

Answer: It would have to have taken place not too long after the events of EatG (days, maybe weeks perhaps) since the events of the Atlantis movie, Stargate: Extinction, follow very son after EatG as well (and helps explain why Dr. McKay wasn’t drafted to body switch during the show’s first season).

RedFlames writes: “If each dive into a star isn’t fully recharging the zpms/batteries/hamsters-on-wheels or whatever powers Destiny why doesn’t destiny stay inside the star until it is fully charged?”

Answer: Damage to the ship’s systems make it incapable of fully recharging. Presently, Destiny’s capacitors are only able to charge to about 40% capacity.

Curiositykitty writes: “Theres also a bunch of gripes online about the music montages in episodes lately. Ive been beginning to think its just one of those sgu things now thats a stylistic thing for the series.”

Answer: Bingo.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Spoiler:
      Curiositykitty writes: “Theres also a bunch of gripes online about the music montages in episodes lately. Ive been beginning to think its just one of those sgu things now thats a stylistic thing for the series.”

Answer: Bingo.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
      love that answer
      yes, it's style all right!
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I've got to say that I love the music used for the montage sequences in SGU...especially the song used in Faith called "All My Days" performed by Alexi Murdoch. As soon as I heard it I knew I had to own it...and now I do.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          I've got to say that I love the music used for the montage sequences in SGU...especially the song used in Faith called "All My Days" performed by Alexi Murdoch. As soon as I heard it I knew I had to own it...and now I do.
          me too
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            me too
            Glad to hear it. It's a beautiful song and it was used in a beautiful episode. It fitted Faith extremely well.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Thus far the only contemporary song I've liked is the one from Space; the others have distracted me too much. This is what comes of being acutely aware of all music played. Even orchestral...

Comment

Ahh it all makes sense now!
                Spoiler:
                Rodney dies
                Spoiler:
                just a little bit
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney dies
                  Spoiler:
                  just a little bit
                  He must've gone overboard with his
                  Spoiler:
                  Daniel Jackson obsession...

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney dies
                    Spoiler:
                    just a little bit
                    sigpic

Comment

Ming NA video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NcoRYYcCgI

Favorite comment:

worst show i have ever seen. the entire season was pre maid to ensure your political brainwashing.
                      Still I can see his point. I mean its messing a lot with body swapping and rights and if homosexual people can be intimate in other peoples bodies. Its very political and stuff and SGU seems to promote that its ok so I can see where this person is coming from. Anyone agree? I dont think its brainwashing but it is nudging you in the direction that all that stuff is ok.
                      sigpic

Comment

The next with them all hallucinating, is probably like what happened on ST Voyager (aliens caused the crew to go off into hallucinations a few times..

But, maybe in SGU, the aliens attached some devices on their ship before they went into FTL, hyperspace, hyperdrive,, whatever.. They will probably wait untill season 2 to actually find access to the rest of the ship,..
                        dragging out season one...

just thinking..
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          Still I can see his point. I mean its messing a lot with body swapping and rights and if homosexual people can be intimate in other peoples bodies. Its very political and stuff and SGU seems to promote that its ok so I can see where this person is coming from. Anyone agree? I dont think its brainwashing but it is nudging you in the direction that all that stuff is ok.
                          No, I don't agree, but then I don't think it's brainwashing either. Everything is okay for someone. If it's not okay for you, don't do it. I hate blue cheese with a passion but I'm not about to say that no one else can enjoy it
                          sigpic

Comment

Chevron7 writes: “Joe, could you please ask Maverick (Top Gun fan, right?) which was the hardest episode to edit in Season 1?”

Answer: You can ask him yourself during his upcoming Q&A.

DP writes: “What’s the method to come up with alienish sounding names that don’t come off as silly?”

Answer: Use variations of foreign words.

paceofnature writes: “What’s the time period like between when the first draft of a script is done and the casting search begins and when filming starts?”

Answer: About a week from first draft to Final, at which point prep begins (covering everything from costumes to casting). A week later, we start filming.

Rex Carter writes: “1) Hi Will General O’Neill visit Destiny via the stones,he should at least once along with IOA head and McKay and or Sam Carter.
                            2) Does Destiny travel a bit slower than our ships if so maybe Odyseey with its zpm can catch up in a few years maybe in the last episode years from now.”

Answers: 1) Stay tuned. 2) Given Destiny’s immense head start, it would take the Odyssey significantly more than “a few years) to attempt to play catch-up.

FoX1028 writes: “1- In “Sabotage”, when the aliens showed up, they came from the galaxy that Destiny was heading.. The aliens are already in that galaxy waiting for Destiny?

2- What happened to the “Repair Robot”? After he finished isolating the damaged FTL drive, they brought the robot back to inside to ship?”

Answers: 1. Not necessarily. Unlike Destiny that stops every so often to gather supplies, the aliens could have relentlessly pursued, perhaps even overtaken them and lain in wait. 2. The repair robot is back on board and mixing martinis in Brody’s Bar until its next mission.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-the-mailbag/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I like his answer to O'Neill coming aboard! Stay Tuned! OoOoOoOoooh!

Comment

An episode titled "Hope"... I like it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X