Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good god, why are you arguing over something that isn't even on topic?

Jper. . . ahh, '200'. That first clip reminds me of SGU. . .
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Jper. . . ahh, '200'. That first clip reminds me of SGU. . .
      That was why I said, "Yeah, on topic... Well I came across this."
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        That was why I said, "Yeah, on topic... Well I came across this."
        And I applaud your attempt to steer the conversation back to it

As a fan, I hated 200. As a writer, I think its brilliant.

And that first clip still reminds me, disgustingly, I must say, of SGU.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I crack up when people say that. The two are nothing alike.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            +1.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Except for the Scott/Chloe/Eli triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Except for the Scott/Chloe/Eli triangle.
                I'd be hesistant to call that a love triangle. To be a love triangle Chloe has to not be oblivious to Eli's feelings
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd be hesistant to call that a love triangle. To be a love triangle Chloe has to not be oblivious to Eli's feelings
                  I didn't say it's a LOVE triangle. I simply said it's a triangle. Because, whether or not love is present, there still is a strong three-way relationship there. Lust, friendship and jealousy. And it is presented in a fairly shallow, teen movie style when it comes to the Scott-Chloe aspects. Eli is the one thing that saves it from being completely moronic. Yes, his bouts of jealousy are a bit teen drama-esque, but he also presents maturity at times.

Comment

And I applaud your attempt to steer the conversation back to it

As a fan, I hated 200. As a writer, I think its brilliant.

I absolutely loved that episode. It was hilarious. I laughed the entire time. I can understand why some wouldn't like it, but I just think it shouldn't be taken too seriously and it's fun to see an episode like this in such a long running show.

I must disagree. While the parody is very much over the top, it still somewhat resembles both SGU and SG1. "Nothing alike" is too much of a statement. There is a certain resemblance, but on the other hand there's a big difference.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post

I must disagree. While the parody is very much over the top, it still somewhat resembles both SGU and SG1.
                      Not seeing it. Thier is almost nothing in common between that parody and SGU
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Not seeing it. Thier is almost nothing in common between that parody and SGU
                        Gotta go with Jelgate with this one. The 200 parody and SGU are nothing alike. For one several of the main characters and most of the secondary characters simply aren’t that young (though one is Young *waits for the groans*). Several of the younger character like Greer, TJ and Eli don’t exactly fit into the teen show vibe, I don’t see in the 200 clip the mentally scarred combat veteran, the extremely professional medic or the fat nerd completely out of his depth. So that leaves Chloe and Scott, now there might be some similarity if they were whining about their relationship in the middle of something more important, but they don’t, they have their relationship yes, it’s a story line of the show, but they didn’t stop in the middle of Time, while been chased by flesh eating bugs to discuss their relationship.

Comment

If SGU ever touts such lines as "Dude that hot chick was so totally a Goa'uld", "Duh, I was still gonna tap that", "I think you're so totally awesome" (Followed by makeout session), "Chill, T, I'm like- translating as fast as I can!" or "I'm pregnant", then maybe I'll admit to a similarity or two.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            If SGU ever touts such lines as "Dude that hot chick was so totally a Goa'uld", "Duh, I was still gonna tap that", "I think you're so totally awesome" (Followed by makeout session), "Chill, T, I'm like- translating as fast as I can!" or "I'm pregnant", then maybe I'll admit to a similarity or two.
                            HAHA. Well I can guarentee you that one of those lines will be stated in SGU 1.5. Because

Spoiler for a character ark

Spoiler:
                            TJ gets pregnant
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              HAHA. Well I can guarentee you that one of those lines will be stated in SGU 1.5. Because

Spoiler for a character ark

Spoiler:
                              TJ gets pregnant
                              Well it doesn't matter as that line has been spoken on Atlantis as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh no... It's beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X