Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    An episode titled "Hope"... I like it.
    It's the one where Eli's mother dies, Greer becomes a quadriplegic, Rush goes blind, TJ miscarriages, James gets a breast reduction, Scott turns to alcohol and heroin, Park comes down with Hepatitis, Young has a brain aneurism and Riley dies.

Titles can be misleading!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      It's the one where Eli's mother dies, Greer becomes a quadriplegic, Rush goes blind, TJ miscarriages, James gets a breast reduction, Scott turns to alcohol and heroin, Park comes down with Hepatitis, Young has a brain aneurism and Riley dies.

Titles can be misleading!
      But maybe BAG comes back - that would give everyone enough hope to get over their trifling little personal issues
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        Ming NA video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NcoRYYcCgI

Favorite comment:

Still I can see his point. I mean its messing a lot with body swapping and rights and if homosexual people can be intimate in other peoples bodies. Its very political and stuff and SGU seems to promote that its ok so I can see where this person is coming from. Anyone agree? I dont think its brainwashing but it is nudging you in the direction that all that stuff is ok.
        I think any 'political' nonsense is overthinking the whole thing and skirts very close to homosexuality is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Hmm, okay. All that minus one can happen, and I'd still like the title.
          sigpic

Comment

Ming NA video:

Favorite comment:

Still I can see his point. I mean its messing a lot with body swapping and rights and if homosexual people can be intimate in other peoples bodies. Its very political and stuff and SGU seems to promote that its ok so I can see where this person is coming from. Anyone agree? I dont think its brainwashing but it is nudging you in the direction that all that stuff is ok.
            You CAN'T be intimate in other peoples bodies though, it's make-believe. If you mean it's saying homosexuality is OK, then that's great. They don't deserve to be told there is something wrong with them, they can't choose the way they are. There are already enough voices in America telling them it's wrong, if the world were a perfect place then everybody would be accepted for who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              You CAN'T be intimate in other peoples bodies though, it's make-believe. If you mean it's saying homosexuality is OK, then that's great. They don't deserve to be told there is something wrong with them, they can't choose the way they are. There are already enough voices in America telling them it's wrong, if the world were a perfect place then everybody would be accepted for who they are.
              science fiction has always pushed the limits of what's possible though, and it's not like cyber-love is a complete unknown, even in our time. This is just taken a step further.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Lol still SGU claims it wants to be more realistic so..... whatev.

Ok im going to keep this brief, because I dont want to start a moral debate. If you want to talk more please PM me.

I wasn't trying to say homosexuality is right. Personally I don't think its right. However I dont speak out on it and tell the gay people that they're wrong and I dont think they're "bad people". Thats kinda hypocritical, because they can point out 10 billion things wrong with me that I need to change. Its not my place to condemn them, but if you asking if I agree with it, no I do not.

Hes my beef with a the whole argument. If you believe homosexuality is ok then thats fine. The majority does. Im not gonna say your wrong or try to change your mind. However, I do get mad when people try to change my beliefs and say Im wrong in thinking its wrong. I should have the right to think homosexuality isn't right just as much as you should have the right to think homosexuality is a great thing. I often feel like its one way street, and thats really the only thing that ticks me off. As long as people honor my feelings about homosexuality and I honor theres, then thats cool. And I do agree its not right for people like me to go tell every homosexual they meet that theres something wrong. However, I also think its equally not right for people who think homosexuality is fine to get in my face and tell me how wrong i am for not agreeing with me.

See what I mean. Sorry if that wasn't brief. lol And i dont mean to direct anything at you. Im just saying that this has happened to me before a lot of times and it frustrates me.
                sigpic

Comment

See what I mean. Sorry if that wasn't brief. lol And i dont mean to direct anything at you. Im just saying that this has happened to me before a lot of times and it frustrates me.
                  MD...you need to be absolutely sure what word choice you are trying to use right now, because people are going to respond to your post inevitably. Be sure you aren't confusing "homosexual sex" with "homosexuality". There's a huge difference, and if you mean to be using one then it's just gonna lead to unnecessary arguments.

However, if you are sure you 100% mean what you say (i.e. homosexuality itself), then carry on.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    MD...you need to be absolutely sure what word choice you are trying to use right now, because people are going to respond to your post inevitably. Be sure you aren't confusing "homosexual sex" with "homosexuality". There's a huge difference, and if you mean to be using one then it's just gonna lead to unnecessary arguments.

However, if you are sure you 100% mean what you say (i.e. homosexuality itself), then carry on.
                    I meant homosexuality in general.
                    sigpic

Comment

I meant homosexuality in general.
                      Alright, then I apologize for being too presumptuous.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Alright, then I apologize for being too presumptuous.
                        Oh no its cool. Dont worry about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

recapping:
                          "The repair robot is back on board and mixing martinis in Brody’s Bar until its next mission." -JM

+1 for JM, that's epic
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Ever read any Robert Heinlein?

Comment

Ming NA video:

Favorite comment:

But its ok for heterosexual people to be intimate in another person's body? Hello pot! Meet kettle.

AMEN! ^5
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                But its ok for heterosexual people to be intimate in another person's body? Hello pot! Meet kettle.

AMEN! ^5
                                HAHA.

Thats not at all what I meant.

It really doesn't matter to me the persons sexual orientation. I should have just said getting intimate in other peoples bodies. When I reference homosexuals I was more talking about the political issues like.. Is it ok for a gay lady to maybe get intimate with her partner in a heterosexuals body on earth or visa versa. I wasnt trying to single homosexuality out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X