Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read that 'Time' has won a writing award for best one hour TV show:

Link

Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Just read that 'Time' has won a writing award for best one hour TV show:

Link

Good stuff.
      Yeah, but...Canadian TV, so...

Comment

Aren't there a fair few shows made up there though and therefore classed as Canadian TV? The X Files was made up there, BSG was, isn't Fringe made up there too?

Or does it have to be more than just being made there to be classed as 'Canadian TV'?

Comment

The writers need to be part of the Canadian Writers' Guild. That award is specifically made for Canadians.

Comment

Ah, OK.

Still, it's good to hear SGU won.

Comment

But still - Time was awesome, and Rob was totally deserving of it. Good on him.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Agreed.

Comment

Was Time the episode where they were all on the planet with those alien bug things eating them?

It certainly seemed to be the most action oriented of the first half of the season, though it did get nauseatingly repetative toward the end of the episode.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Aren't there a fair few shows made up there though and therefore classed as Canadian TV? The X Files was made up there, BSG was, isn't Fringe made up there too?

Or does it have to be more than just being made there to be classed as 'Canadian TV'?
                    I believe V is filmed in Canada as well. But I don't know if its writers are Canadian.

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                    The tone is different and they are less perfect than the characters in SG1 and SGA. However, they seem to have gone too far in the opposite direction. But that's just my opinion. I loved SG1 and SGA, even the silly episodes because I loved the characters. With SGU it's more a matter of wondering what they are going to pull next and whether the body-sharing adventures will finally reach a point where I simply can't stomach the show.
                    I agree.

I'd like to see a bit more believable behaviour from these adults. The Young/Tamara thing just makes me roll my eyes. It's Sam/Jack all over again, except Y/T did screw the regs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      Was Time the episode where they were all on the planet with those alien bug things eating them?

It certainly seemed to be the most action oriented of the first half of the season, though it did get nauseatingly repetative toward the end of the episode.
                      Opinions, leiasky. They differ.

I personally loved it not because of the action, but because of the nice character beats, reactions and the ambiguous ending. As a stand-alone story, it worked great.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Opinions, leiasky. They differ.
                        Really? They do? Color me shockified. . .

I personally loved it not because of the action, but because of the nice character beats, reactions and the ambiguous ending. As a stand-alone story, it worked great.
                        I can't disagree. It did work well as a stand alone episode. It'd be nice if there were more of those. If any episode of SGU had to be nominated (and win), Time was probably the best choice.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see a bit more believable behaviour from these adults.
                          Not sure why the italics were warranted; I mean, it's not like adults are perfect or anything.

I do believe most of the world's problems are caused by adults.

Also...

Woa!! Just read another fantastic SGU script today, this one by Carl Binder. Season 2 is going in an INSANE direction!!
                          http://twitter.com/BrianJacobSmith/status/12537662415

Comment

Originally posted by CCA View Post
                            So true to the saying of, "United we stand, divided we fall."

or more in their case..."united...screw this, I'm the Captain, no I am, no I am..I'M SPARTICUS."

just thought I'd be a bit random for y'all
                            No, I AM SPARTICUS!!!

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Yeah, but...Canadian TV, so...
                            Those damn Canadians. Beat us in Hockey and now this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Those damn Canadians. Beat us in Hockey and now this.
                              They took yer jobs!

Comment

I think that was the point ... Time loop and all that.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Not sure why the italics were warranted; I mean, it's not like adults are perfect or anything.

I do believe most of the world's problems are caused by adults.
                                Yeah, but they used to be children.

Comment

Working...
                                X