Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    So this actress will have a recurring role in season 2 of SGU? Because if it's not a recurring role, other roles probably aren't so much a problem.
    Yes to the bolded part. Casting call:-

Spoiler:
    [GINN] Mid 20s- early 30s. She's a Lucian Alliance technician/ science officer.. Girl next door good looks. Smart. She is originally behind the mission the Lucian Alliance are on but starts to question the decisions her leaders are making. RECURRING. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

Comment

So does the Lucian Alliance (which I have to say were terrible baddies in SG-1. Meh) actually find a way to dial Destiny? Is that what everyone is thinking?
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        So does the Lucian Alliance (which I have to say were terrible baddies in SG-1. Meh) actually find a way to dial Destiny? Is that what everyone is thinking?
        Spoiler:
        I think that, given they seem to have a physical presence in the next season and stuff in the trailers showing a whole bunch of 'em lead by Kiva in front of the active gate... then yeah. I personally thought that it was a strike force using the stones that Incursion'd on the Destiny, but the Season 2 news may indicate an actual presence.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I would say its more stones then acttually physically making onto Destiny
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I would say its more stones then acttually physically making onto Destiny
            How the heck would members of the Lucian Alliance get into the Pentagon and get those stones? There isn't any way they could make me believe that. Now - if it was the Trust or some NID infiltrators, that I'd believe.
            sigpic

Comment

How the heck would members of the Lucian Alliance get into the Pentagon and get those stones? There isn't any way they could make me believe that. Now - if it was the Trust or some NID infiltrators, that I'd believe.
              I highly doubt the stones in the Pentagon are the only source in the whole Milky Way.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think it's the stones because of two reasons.

1. The MGM season 1.5 trailer shows the strike force, lead by Kiva, standing infront the active Destiny stargate.

2. There are only five stones on the Destiny, and I seriously doubt that a strike team consisting of five persons, would be able to cause much damage while still being able to prevent someone from disconnecting the stones.

I think that the Lucian Alliance will be portrayed in a more realistic and threatening way in SGU, instead of just being canon fodder like they were in SG1. The Lucian Alliance has a lot of potential, but it just wasn't used in SG1.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post

1. The MGM season 1.5 trailer shows the strike force, lead by Kiva, standing infront the active Destiny stargate.

2. There are only five stones on the Destiny, and I seriously doubt that a strike team consisting of five persons, would be able to cause much damage while still being able to prevent someone from disconnecting the stones.
                  1. The reason I doubt that is that from the camera perspectives is we also see the actors face when his/her character is inhabiting a body. We see LDP when he inhabits Young's body.

2.SG1 did a lot of damange with only 4 people

I just see it more possible then dialing Desting with the huge power requirments it takes to dial Destiny from the MW
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

And one of them flying through it, like Colonel Young did when he came through. It's quite obvious from the trailer, even from the clothes they are wearing on Destiny (even though you see the person using the stones at the other end, they always wear the same close as the host), and also seeing a BC-304 attack an Icarus-like planet, that the LA actually physically make it to Destiny.

Spoiler:

It's quite obvious they're coming through the Gate there.

And...
                    Spoiler:

We've seen no clothes or guns like that on Destiny before, so they must have physically brought them.

I think that the Lucian Alliance will be portrayed in a more realistic and threatening way in SGU, instead of just being canon fodder like they were in SG1. The Lucian Alliance has a lot of potential, but it just wasn't used in SG1.
                    Indeed, they have the potential to be great here, especially considering they have Rhona Mitra and Robert Knepper amongst them.

Comment

I think the Lucian alliance have a great potential to be scary enemies. They were once on sg1, everyone remembers the bumbling Jup and Tenant and Netan squabbling, they forget that in Company of Thieves, Aneteo and his men disable and seize the Odyssey, take the crew and Sam hostage and execute Colonel Emerson. If they show the Lucian Alliance to be like that in SGU they will be good enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        And one of them flying through it, like Colonel Young did when he came through. It's quite obvious from the trailer, even from the clothes they are wearing on Destiny (even though you see the person using the stones at the other end, they always wear the same close as the host), and also seeing a BC-304 attack an Icarus-like planet, that the LA actually physically make it to Destiny.

Spoiler:

It's quite obvious they're coming through the Gate there.

And...
                        Spoiler:

We've seen no clothes or guns like that on Destiny before, so they must have physically brought them.

Indeed, they have the potential to be great here, especially considering they have Rhona Mitra and Robert Knepper amongst them.
                        Im in agreement with you both. Its also been mentioned in the casting sides for Kiva (read at your own risk), which yes are subject to change.
                        Spoiler:
                        Kiva has managed to board the Destiny. Young has demanded her and her people's surrender, but she doesn't plan to comply. She's in control of the gateroom and has some of Young's people as hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Im in agreement with you both. Its also been mentioned in the casting sides for Kiva (read at your own risk), which yes are subject to change.
                          Spoiler:
                          Kiva has managed to board the Destiny. Young has demanded her and her people's surrender, but she doesn't plan to comply. She's in control of the gateroom and has some of Young's people as hostage.
                          I find that vague since it doesn't say how she got on board.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe, but the other evidence posted isn't as vague, and adds up to them gating aboard physically.

Comment

Maybe, but the other evidence posted isn't as vague, and adds up to them gating aboard physically.
                              I'll believe it when I see it. Trailers have misled me before.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

If they do manage to gate in, that must just royally piss off those at the Pentagon. I'd certainly love to see a pissed off Jack wondering how the LA got onto Destiny. And. . .

Spoiler:
                                since both he and Sam are in the season finale

that does further the belief that the LA is actually ON Destiny

and

Spoiler:
                                that Sam and the Hammond were maybe there trying to stop them?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X