Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
    yeah, IMHO, SGU is ok, if a bit slow, but it does bring a new prospective to the universe of Stargate.
    This has probably been mentioned already but TPTB said that they would rethink SGU season 2 to include more life
    No they didn’t, they said that the back half of season 1 would be different in tone to the first half, though still dissimilar to traditional stargate style. This had been planned before hand as those episodes were written and many of them shot before the show even aired.

Comment

Yep... First 10 episodes were about establishing the characters and setting, next 10 should be more action and also more backgrounds (Greer in 'Lost', Rush in 'Human', and Young/Telford in 'Subversion').
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
        Yep... First 10 episodes were about establishing the characters and setting, next 10 should be more action and also more backgrounds (Greer in 'Lost', Rush in 'Human', and Young/Telford in 'Subversion').
        The difference being of course that with those backgrounds, especially Greer and Young being from heavy military background and Rush being the key reason behind the Destiny Expedition , their back stories will probably be more dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          No they didn’t, they said that the back half of season 1 would be different in tone to the first half, though still dissimilar to traditional stargate style. This had been planned before hand as those episodes were written and many of them shot before the show even aired.
          Exactly, SGU is suppose to be different and I think TPTB gonna stick to it. And I'm not complaining
          sigpic

Comment

i think the second half will be very good
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
              Exactly, SGU is suppose to be different and I think TPTB gonna stick to it. And I'm not complaining
              Which I applaud them for.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsnuggles View Post
                but if they are trying to go another route with the new series to gain another type of audience they are risking to loose their old audience as well as lettin down the new audience when they think the same as me and start to buy the older series just to find out that the older series are totally different to the newest one.
                Well, I own all ten seasons of SG-1, all five seasons of SGA, the original movie, the two direct to DVD movies, so no matter how let down I could feel, there's nothing left for me to buy .

While I understand that some people are feeling let down because of the new direction, I still like the show and I don't want it to change.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  Well, I own all ten seasons of SG-1, all five seasons of SGA, the original movie, the two direct to DVD movies, so no matter how let down I could feel, there's nothing left for me to buy .

While I understand that some people are feeling let down because of the new direction, I still like the show and I don't want it to change.

good point!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Guess who was unfortunate enough to saunter by the production offices the other day and ended up getting corralled to do a fan Q&A for this blog. Yes, actor Patrick Gilmore – SGU’s Dale Volker. And, yes, he WAS sauntering although he’ll no doubt insist it was more of a sashay. Anyway, the point is Patrick has kindly agreed to come by and answer your questions out of the goodness of his heart and a desire to connect with the fans (and a general desire to avoid being probed onscreen by myopic aliens in my next script). So there you have it: our next super special guest blogger – Mr. Patrick Gilmore. Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to rake him over the coals. He dares you!

Congrats to Iamza who guessed the episode four title…

#1: INTERVENTIONS

#2: AFTERMATH

#: AWAKENINGS

#4: PATHOGEN

#5: C*********

Michael writes: “If the crew found an exotic power source, from another alien race’s technology (minus the messiness of Wraith biotech), and adapted it to Destiny; would they be able to a – access/power more areas in Destiny and b – widen the Gate’s dialing range?”

Answer: Theoretically, yes. The Destiny gate is capable of dialing back to Earth.

Eric writes: “Why is there a timer for when the Destiny jumps back into hyperspace every time it stops? I get the part where you need it for dramatic purposes, but what’s the practical reason for it?”

Answer: At present, the Destiny is operating on an automated setting so the crew has no control over when or where they stop – and, most importantly, leave. The countdown clock is the equivalent to a bus schedule. Make sure you’re aboard for departure because you may be waiting a while for your next lift.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm sure the Destiny is capable of faster speed.
                      I bet once they establish a wormhole with Earth they'll either have the opportunity to change the format of SGU or keep it contrived-ly the same for 7 plus years. But I would like to see a real crew come on board. Or I would like this crew to become professionals. It would be kewl to see such a development.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                        Infinity.
                        I don't want any major changes either, and I hope that any changes they do make are natural and organic rather than abrupt and blatant.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          Infinity

Err... Dunno, but I think if SGU got that bad, then nothing would help.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            I bet once they establish a wormhole with Earth they'll either have the opportunity to change the format of SGU or keep it contrived-ly the same for 7 plus years. But I would like to see a real crew come on board. Or I would like this crew to become professionals. It would be kewl to see such a development.
                            I think that's what we're going to be seeing. Obviously it was not going to happen in the first ten episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post

I don't want any major changes either, and I hope that any changes they do make are natural and organic rather than abrupt and blatant.
                              Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                I think "kewl" is the perfect word to describe that specific development.

Comment

Working...
                                X