Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far they have been one word titles
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So far they have been one word titles
      I thought they might be.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Not quite, jelgate... we've got a two word title now (well, technically the second word is just "the", but still). It would be nice to know if there's a method to their madness...

Comment

JM wanted two-word titles for season 2, etc, but it didn't catch on. That's a pity since I too have come up with titles for all of season 10 (none of which are sensible).
          FYI Smallville's stayed with one-word titles for 9 seasons so far as I know, but I only know a fraction of them since they don't show up in the episodes and I don't always bother reading them. Also FYI I'm not subscribed to any threads, I'm fine with clicking on them myself.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Some behind the scenes news...

Michelle writes: “Wait, if Paul is an exec producer this year, does that mean you are, too? I thought you were a bonded pair!”

Answer: Yes, we are both Executive Producers for SGU’s second season.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-you-charming/

Both Paul Mullie and Joe Mallozzi were Consulting Producers in the 1st season.

Comment

Whats the difference between the two
              Jelgate is right

Comment

As with all of life's little questions, Joe's blog offer the answer:

Maddog1995 writes: “According to IMDB, you’re listed as a consulting producer. What are the differences between , executive, consulting and just plain old producer?”

Answer: I’ve already answered the producer question. This year, as consulting producers, Paul and I are in the offices reading scripts and outlines, spinning stories, watching cuts, etc. However, unlike previous years, we are not producing our own episodes (overseeing prep, dealing with the network, doing out own cuts, etc.).
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nner-with-kim/

Comment

Update!

Back at the office today where we took a stroll over to the Art Department to see what Production Designer James Robbins has in store for SGU’s second season: airlocks, sealing corridors, damaged sections, ships, aliens, and that secret place I can’t tell you about under penalty of death. Then, after lunch, we finally got around to giving notes on those scripts. First up was the second season premiere in which the events of Incursion I and II come to an explosive conclusion. Chock full of great character moments, Paul’s first draft is tight and well-written. It took us all of twenty minutes to go through it. Since we already gave Rob notes on episode two before the hiatus, we moved on to episode three, my script. It’s no secret that this one was – well, a ***** to write but the big question was “Had those weeks agonizing over the script paid off?”. Well, let me put it this way: By the time they were done giving notes, it was so late that we decided to call it a day. In fact, I probably would have received even more notes had Carl not actually willed himself to pass out in order to escape the marathon session.

The day also brought a title change from The Awakening to the Brad Wright-inspired Awakenings. Better and, more importantly, in keeping with that one-world title we’ve got going. So it breaks down like this:

I: I———–

II: A——–

III: Awakenings

IV: P——-

V: C———

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...rball-lottery/
                  Last edited by PG15; 13 January 2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Designer James Robbins has in store for SGU’s second season: airlocks, sealing corridors, damaged sections, ships, aliens, and that secret place I can’t tell you about under penalty of death.
                    Insert Episode 3 Darth Vader shot: "NOOOooOOo!"

I guess we've lost the joke that, for all the people that want characters airlocked, there were no accessible airlocks to put them in...
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Insert Episode 3 Darth Vader shot: "NOOOooOOo!"

I guess we've lost the joke that, for all the people that want characters airlocked, there were no accessible airlocks to put them in...
                      Rush'll get booted then.

Comment

So if BW and RCC get bored of SGU will M&M become showrunners once again? Deja'vu anyone? Heck, it worked well for Atlantis why not for SGU.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          So if BW and RCC get bored of SGU will M&M become showrunners once again? Deja'vu anyone? Heck, it worked well for Atlantis why not for SGU.
                          I don't see them getting bored anytime soon.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Me either. They admitted that all the changes have caused them to have more fun than they've had in a long time. Whereas with SGA, it was understandable that they got tired out considering it was essentially the same format that SG-1 had used.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              Me either. They admitted that all the changes have caused them to have more fun than they've had in a long time. Whereas with SGA, it was understandable that they got tired out considering it was essentially the same format that SG-1 had used.

I am very happy for M&M being stepped up to Executive Producers. They did a great job with Atlantis, and kept people interested in that show and even brought it to the next level. I am speculating great things for Season 2. M&M also wrote a lot of eps in the 2nd half of Season one, so also have high hopes for that as well.

Edit M&M have 5 eps for the 2nd half. If we get quality eps like The Last Man or Remnants, then I will be very happy.
                              sigpic

Comment

But M&M wrote Enemy at the Gate. Thats enough reason to be scarad
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X