Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yeah. Regarding those season two episode titles. The list should actually look something like this:

1. I**********

2. Aftermath

3. Awakenings

4. P*******

5. C*********

Major D. Davis writes: “1. Is Andy mikita directing the season 2 premier?

2. Is the season 2 premier called incursion part 3?”

Answers: Yes and no.

Pastrygirl writes: “This early on in starting a season, do you already have a budget from the studio? Do they give you a set amount for the season, and you divvy it up per episode evenly, or kind of rob one to pay for the extra explosions/space battles in the next episode? What happens if you go over budget?”

Answer: The budget is set before prep for the season even begins. That amount is divided up between the 20 episodes, thus establishing our pattern episodic budget. Some episodes will prove more costly and that’s alright – so long as we make up the difference by producing less expensive episodes. This way we ensure that, by season’s end, we don’t come in over budget.

Sean D. writes: “

1. Will future SGU episodes include any increase in the amount of Stargate humor than what we saw in the first half of season 1? [...]

Answers: 1. The tone of the second half of the season will be consistent with the first. No Family Ties or Harmony-type episodes. [...]
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-he-should-be/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

4 = Pressure maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        But M&M wrote Enemy at the Gate. Thats enough reason to be scarad
        EAtG was a good ep. It was rushed because the show came to an end so suddenly. I think if they knew before hand that Season 5 was the last it would of been written differently. It was more of a set up season. I would take EaTG over any episode of SGU thus far. Well maybe not Air part 3 and Light, I really loved those eps.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          EAtG was a good ep. It was rushed because the show came to an end so suddenly. I think if they knew before hand that Season 5 was the last it would of been written differently. It was more of a set up season. I would take EaTG over any episode of SGU thus far. Well maybe not Air part 3 and Light, I really loved those eps.
          That is not what JM said.

I would rather watch most of SGU then EATG. It felt like that episode was just going through the motion while SGU develops more into why of the characters. I miss that like the good days of SG1
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't realize how much comedy was in Gate until SGU came along....

Comment

1. Will future SGU episodes include any increase in the amount of Stargate humor than what we saw in the first half of season 1? [...]”

Answers: 1. The tone of the second half of the season will be consistent with the first. No Family Ties or Harmony-type episodes. [...]
              *happy dance*

Thank you, JM, for those reassuring news.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                I didn't realize how much comedy was in Gate until SGU came along....
                Coincidentally, I didn't realise the comic potential in some of the posts around here until SGU came along...
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Amen!
                  sigpic

Comment

I would rather watch most of SGU then EATG. It felt like that episode was just going through the motion while SGU develops more into why of the characters. I miss that like the good days of SG1
                    Indeed

Comment

I agree with that.

Comment

I'd take any SGU episode above EatG, really.
                        Mia: Don't you hate that?
                        Vincent: Hate what?
                        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I love SGU, wasn't an Atlantis fan, but loved SG1
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

I love 'em all equally. Even though EaTG was basically the ADHD kid with the solution to his big problem literally pulled out of his arse, and that some episodes throughout the entire run of Stargates haven't been all that stellar, I'm still fine with 'em.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Our first give episode titles for those in a guessing mood…

#1: IN**********

#2: AFTERMATH

#3: AWAKENINGS

#4: P*******

#5: C*********
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...tarian-dinner/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hmm, incomparable?
                                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                                Vincent: Hate what?
                                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X