Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whirlwind421 View Post
    There seems to be three responses.

Loved it.

Hated it.

Or in the middle/reserving judgement.

Personally, I'm in the middle. The show seems to have great potential. I'm waiting to see what the next episode in like. It didn't seem much like Stargate to me. It seemed sort of like BattleStar and Lost meshed together. Though, good all the same.

I liked most of the characters with the exception of the IOA woman. But, we haven't seen much of her. So, my opinion could change. I liked Greer alot though. Not sure why.
    Rush did a good job at acting and so did Eli. I really liked how he got there. It really seemed to be like any person could make it to Stargate. Anyone feel like playing and excessive amount of video games.

I think the sex scene was unneccessary.
    I'm in the middle also. It was pretty good, I really enjoyed Eli and I like er... Young? The ranking commander. Anyway, it's enough to try the next ep.

I'm a tad concerned that all I remember are Rush and Eli's names after - and enjoying - watching the show for two hours.

I don't get that the Goa'uld treating a human/potential host as a piece of meat to be inspected (the nudity in the SG-1 pilot) is gratuitous, yet that sex scene was needed? Just...odd.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

The opening was not as good as Atlantis. The flashbacks were annoying at first.
      It needed a better build up to entering the Gate.
      How can the 9th chevron be unlocked by these characters alone?
      The sexual garbage is irrelevant for a "dark" deep space theme.
      The episode should have been edited more and solved the CO2 issue, cliff hangers are not good for Stargate fans.
      What made Stargate was the absence of cheap emotional drivel (people should get killed frequently in Stargate and it should move on quickly not wasting show time)
      Galatica's drama is annoying ; it was infected with it, but I must wait to see if this complexity ruins the show.
      It could kill all GOOD WILL towards Stargate or show that Galatica was a terrible series and this is a better copy of that style.
      I think the wealth of Stargate Mythology should sustain the LOGIC of the show.
      Overall I am positive not negative. It shocked me by being so different.
      Last edited by pegasus7; 05 October 2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miles27 View Post
        loved the show but can some one answer a question for me
        Spoiler:
        the gate autodialed to the nearest planet. with what they need? but here is the question was it not stated back in sg1 that a wormhole through the gate was one way meaning that no one could return to the ship anyway or was this introduced as a security system on the gates later in pegasus and milkyway

Spoiler:
        I believe the one way gate was from the station that they evacuated. I do not recall anyone saying that about the gate on the ship.
        I could be wrong, but I think that is the answer to your question. If not, let me know and then I'll probably be confused too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
          Spoiler:
          I believe the one way gate was from the station that they evacuated. I do not recall anyone saying that about the gate on the ship.
          I could be wrong, but I think that is the answer to your question. If not, let me know and then I'll probably be confused too.
          ur right hiccups, the gate on icarus was blocked from accepting incoming wormholes because it was too dangerous due to the planets radioactive core. there has been no mention of the destiny's gate only dialling out in a similar way - obviously it accepts incoming wormholes as thats how they got there in the first place

Comment

Is anyone else annoyed how much they're playing up SGU? It's got adverts all the time, I'm just concerned that new fans will migrate, expecting BSG, they'l complain, and the show will get changed to suit their needs?

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              Is anyone else annoyed how much they're playing up SGU? It's got adverts all the time, I'm just concerned that new fans will migrate, expecting BSG, they'l complain, and the show will get changed to suit their needs?
              same here
              Spoiler:
              adverts: ad, sgu, sgu, ad, ad, sgu, ad...

well you get the idea
              SG-1 members
              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Not that I wasn't at least a little bit put off, but shouldn't the sex scene also be important to imply that those two were in a sexual relationship?
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  'The awesomest awesome that ever awesomed' is an apt phrase It's also an exaggeration, but given that I loved every moment of the pilot I don't mind using it.
                  Bring on Part 3! Universe is definitely Stargate in pretty much every sense of the word. In my opinion.
                  you still have to tell me where you found that phrase
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree.
                    It's good.
                    BSG styling aside.

But sheesh. Several BILLION light years?
                    I mean, "Oh, stuck on a ship out in space trying to find our way back to Earth" is BSG in a sentence.
                    But still.
                    It's very most obviously stargate still. Which is nice.

But just... 7 billion light years.
                    That's just terrifying.
                    The characters are excellent, too.

I've watched the episode about... 10 times now.
                    On number 11 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      you're right.

THe surges for some contrived reason kept them from dialing in safely but would let them dial out....

Well that doesn't make much sense for anything but the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                        you're right.

THe surges for some contrived reason kept them from dialing in safely but would let them dial out....

Stargate, and in fact sci-fi in general, has been doing that for years. Atlantis and SG-1 were constantly making situations that were a lot more contrived than that.
                        In the end that fact didnt exactly make much of a difference to the episode either other than avoiding a pointless trip through the SGC before getting to Icarus base.

Comment

you're right.

Yeah, I realize the SGC set was dismantled and AT was desperately wanted in the premiere, but letting outside factors disrupt the plot is so made of fail.

Wouldn't the assault on Icarus Base be more convincing if there was no Hammond nearby?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
                            I agree.
                            It's good.
                            BSG styling aside.

But sheesh. Several BILLION light years?
                            I mean, "Oh, stuck on a ship out in space trying to find our way back to Earth" is BSG in a sentence.
                            But still.
                            It's very most obviously stargate still. Which is nice.

But just... 7 billion light years.
                            That's just terrifying.
                            The characters are excellent, too.

I've watched the episode about... 10 times now.
                            On number 11 now.
                            Its also Star Trek:Voyager, Farscape, and Lost in Space in a sentence
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

WOW, this looks like a great, but i am afraid there are going to battlling more than just outside life , but themselves
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                you still have to tell me where you found that phrase
                                I know it was in some sort of article that was trying to mock the reactions of part of Gateworld to SGU, around the time of the Sabotage related blowout. But it doesn't seem to be indexed by Google

Yeah it was spastic and not in a Transformers kinda way.
                                Really unsatifying.
                                Do you mean SGU or Kar'el's post? Because personally I think the former was fine.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X