Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    I wouldn't listen to that if I were you, from the way they've worded it sounds asif they've given an answer without actually seeing it for themselves.
    Completely agree. That whole thing comes across a bit dodgy to me.

I very sincerely call upon people to keep tuning in. Pay no attention to reviews in magazines and on-line...please use your own sense of judgement and and make your own minds up about the next 18 episodes of SG: U.

There's only one reviewers opinion that matters and that's your own to yourself.

Thanks all.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by bouke View Post
      i see a problem with the gate they now use.

in the beginning, when they first stepped through the gate they fell about 50cm to a meter (2-3 feet)
      if the gates on the planets are build the same way like in our galaxy then the entering point is a lot lower than the required exiting point on the other side. do they realize that if they go trough the gate without jumping that their legs could be cut of ??

and i rather would have seen that the overall design of the ship was lighter, is so dark all the time
      Hmm. I thought the power it took to send them across the universe propelled them through the gate, speeding up their re-entry. The gates looked like they were at the same 'floor' level.

At first I thought their gate must have fallen over and they were all falling forward into the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/1...m-kristin.html

Wow, thats really not good. I hope that it isn't actually that bad cause there are soooo many people are only willing to give SGU a couple more eps to get good and this is a two parter so I really hope it doesn't suck!!!
        How do I say this nicely. That blogger has known to dislike Stargate for years
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

hi folks, i watched the launch episodes of the new Stargate Universe. well, it's gonna take a complete overhaul to make this work. they have good actors but a very disjointed story that jumps all over the place with characters arguing about who is in charge and who hates who. i found it all very confusing and, dare i say it, boring. new faces pop up without introduction or indication of who or what they are. not a sign of an alien or even an artifact, but did i see the tip of a G'auld ship peeking from the body of a ship attacking the base?
          one bit that really threw me was that Eli was beamed onto a ship, then he was on a mountain base, and then he was on a ship?? he himself said that he had only been on two ships - how?? when??
          as i say good actors but a dreadful sluggish story!! and who thought up using hand-held cameras? is it just cheap??
          i can't watch this kind of photography, it makes me sea-sick.
          in real-life the eye and brain compensate for shakes and vibrations and tries to keep the image as still as possible for the comfort of the body.
          sorry folks, sgu does not do it for me.

Comment

Hey, check out TV.com. SGU is in their top 20 shows.

http://www.tv.com/stargate-universe/..._episode;title

Also, the show is getting a 8.0 score, and "Air" is at a 8.5 score. So yeah very good reviews.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bouke View Post
              i see a problem with the gate they now use.

in the beginning, when they first stepped through the gate they fell about 50cm to a meter (2-3 feet)
              if the gates on the planets are build the same way like in our galaxy then the entering point is a lot lower than the required exiting point on the other side. do they realize that if they go trough the gate without jumping that their legs could be cut of ??

and i rather would have seen that the overall design of the ship was lighter, is so dark all the time
              I also noticed that they were all falling over as they came through the gate, imo the gate on destiny looked like the bottom part of that gate wasn't (i don't know how to describe this properly sorry) as submerged beneath walking level as the gate at icarus...

inc bad drawing

icarus gate =

|
              |
              -------
              |
              |

Destiny gate =

|
              |
              |
              -------
              |

(obviously no to correct ratio e.g. icarus gate isnt half underthewalkway...i'm just getting my point across)

if u can understand my drawing of what i think the gate ground level is like on either end u can understand what i mean lol

basically i think they fell not because they jumped (because the first ones through walked at least) but because they entered the icarus base gate a bit higher. I'm guessing the seeder ship will make the gates it plants the same height above ground.

Comment

If you watch this behind the scenes video, it should be pretty obvious that the characters are entering at a higher position. http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1529/index.html
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by scriobhm View Post
                  hi folks, i watched the launch episodes of the new Stargate Universe. well, it's gonna take a complete overhaul to make this work. they have good actors but a very disjointed story that jumps all over the place with characters arguing about who is in charge and who hates who. i found it all very confusing and, dare i say it, boring. new faces pop up without introduction or indication of who or what they are. not a sign of an alien or even an artifact, but did i see the tip of a G'auld ship peeking from the body of a ship attacking the base?
                  one bit that really threw me was that Eli was beamed onto a ship, then he was on a mountain base, and then he was on a ship?? he himself said that he had only been on two ships - how?? when??
                  as i say good actors but a dreadful sluggish story!! and who thought up using hand-held cameras? is it just cheap??
                  i can't watch this kind of photography, it makes me sea-sick.
                  in real-life the eye and brain compensate for shakes and vibrations and tries to keep the image as still as possible for the comfort of the body.
                  sorry folks, sgu does not do it for me.
                  It's okay. We want fans to have good punctuation and grammar, you know?
                  To answer a very obvious question, Eli was beamed from home to the Hammond, and then beamed down to the base. His second ship was the Destiny, and he went there after the base was compromised.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by scriobhm View Post
                    did i see the tip of a G'auld ship peeking from the body of a ship attacking the base?
                    No, you didn't. I'm not sure what the tip of a G'auld ship would be doing peeking from the body of a Goa'uld ship. The G'auld and the Goa'uld really don't get along, y'know.

I quite enjoyed the style of the episode, <mod snip>
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 07 October 2009, 06:58 PM.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyfer View Post
                      I also noticed that they were all falling over as they came through the gate, imo the gate on destiny looked like the bottom part of that gate wasn't (i don't know how to describe this properly sorry) as submerged beneath walking level as the gate at icarus...

inc bad drawing

icarus gate =

|
                      |
                      -------
                      |
                      |

Destiny gate =

|
                      |
                      |
                      -------
                      |

(obviously no to correct ratio e.g. icarus gate isnt half underthewalkway...i'm just getting my point across)

if u can understand my drawing of what i think the gate ground level is like on either end u can understand what i mean lol

basically i think they fell not because they jumped (because the first ones through walked at least) but because they entered the icarus base gate a bit higher. I'm guessing the seeder ship will make the gates it plants the same height above ground.
                      The Icarus gate and the Destiny gate are almost on the same level--I checked the iTunes video. The power to send them across the universe via wormhole looks like it accelerated their velocity at the exit point like trying to walk onto one of those speeding walkways. Kinda a cool concept.

Anyway, that's my theory.

Comment

I just noticed that the Season One category has vanished. That combined with threads being continually moved from one forum to another is giving me the feeling of the walls moving when I'm not looking. Not that I disagree with the change: it's much better this way actually.

Comment

I...I feel the need to post this:

http://img62.yfrog.com/i/si1h.jpg/

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Justifiably...
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

I...I feel the need to hug you.
                              Also, I feel the need to share this vital truth:
                              http://twitter.com/DavidBlue/status/4691630840
                              Last edited by Eternal Density; 07 October 2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if the character driven plots are going to be exciting, Stargate has always been about exploring, like star trek. We don't need bickering characters and bad drama + sex / make out scenes. Is it really going to be a darker vision of stargate?
                                sigpic
                                "Oh, okay, well, it's official... You don't get to name anything. Ever."

Comment

Working...
                                X