Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Men under 30 who've had vascetomies? That seems neither practical or logical. And with the logic of your 2nd paragraph...any time military personal go on missions they should have vasectomies because they never know when they're coming back...just doesn't seem practical or logical to me.
    the second paragraph wasn't referring to vasectomies but to women using implants, etc.. that last longer than a month to avoid pregnancies. i am sure a lot of the warnings are simple..."keep it in your pants"...as for men under 30 with vasectomies... you need to sit in one of my classes... guys are very open about these things. (ok they are law students...very open!)

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Looks like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...argateUniverse is being kept up to date

Thank you for introducing me to TV Tropes. I feel so behind the times :-D

Frankly got lost reading that and now don't remember what I was going to post. Have to admit, like it or leave it at least this show is discussed. That means we won't get a crappy cliffhanger series finale at least... I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyshoe
        Trek has enough problems keeping its own continuity without going back into its own timeline to screw stuff up.
        If the Lucian Alliance and Gouald show up I think SGU will have jumped the shark
        Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
        They had to fake the ratings
        They had to fake the ratings.
        Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
          If the Lucian Alliance and Gouald show up I think SGU will have jumped the shark
          The Lucian Alliance showed up in the first episode... so...

Spoiler:
          And they're coming back for the finale. But you'll live.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

So I recently watched "The Lost Tribe" from Atlantis and thought that the Asgard ships had a very similar design style to the Destiny's shuttles. The aft portions look nearly the same. This just makes me believe even more that Atlantis was built after the great alliance was over and that Destiny may be from that period. Just thought I'd share my thoughts with everyone.

Comment

Actually their is a safety measure in GW polls that prevents refreshing and then voting continously. However clearing your Internet files and voting again works. All Internet polls are highly inaccurate based on how anmonyous you are
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

There's probably people who mindlessly click 10 just to counteract the automatic 1s they feel they have to combat.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k
                  Internet polls are pretty damn inaccurate for gauging real opinions, IMO. There could just be one disgruntled SGA fan clicking refresh over and over and over!

And I don't think arbitrary numbers measure a damn thing about complex opinions - that's why some discussion threads are better indicators to me. The complex opinions may not come into play for those still very anti-SGU (And yet, still watch it and comment on its apparent crappiness), and those are the ones who'd use an arbitrary numbering system because they don't properly go into constructive criticism mode; they head straight for the hate. But the complex opinions of people who may hate the show, love the show, are flip-flopping in the middle... they beat out any internet poll.
                  1 - Terrible 42 10 %
                  2 8 2 %
                  3 10 2 %
                  4 5 1 %
                  5 - Fair 13 3 %
                  6 7 2 %
                  7 24 6 %
                  8 34 8 %
                  9 56 14 %
                  10 - Outstanding 211 51 %

I almost never vote ten, because that would mean flawless, and this is television. I rated this one a fair 9, because i found it the best so far. if we don't count the ones and the tens, it's kind of a normal score.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                    1 - Terrible 42 10 %
                    2 8 2 %
                    3 10 2 %
                    4 5 1 %
                    5 - Fair 13 3 %
                    6 7 2 %
                    7 24 6 %
                    8 34 8 %
                    9 56 14 %

I almost never vote ten, because that would mean flawless, and this is television. I rated this one a fair 9, because i found it the best so far. if we don't count the ones and the tens, it's kind of a normal score.
                    Well, yeah. I mean, television will always have its flaws. It will never be perfect, so a 10 in my eyes is something that has little flaws or almost nothing that irks me. Hmm...Maybe I should start rating using stars, instead of numbers and simply convert the star count to the number system.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Well I round things up, of course nothing can be perfect, but if you give it a 9.5, then you can justly give it a ten.....1-10 scales suck anyways

Loved the interview

Comment

Originally posted by Hallowed are the... View Post
                        Thank you for introducing me to TV Tropes. I feel so behind the times :-D
                        I got the link in July. I haven't left yet...

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                          I got the link in July. I haven't left yet...
                          Tv Tropers is soooo time consimunig, jeez.

I entered there once and spent whole night reading it, and I couldn't take my eyes off!

There should be a warning: highly addictive site, enter on your own responsibility.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            1 - Terrible 42 10 %
                            2 8 2 %
                            3 10 2 %
                            4 5 1 %
                            5 - Fair 13 3 %
                            6 7 2 %
                            7 24 6 %
                            8 34 8 %
                            9 56 14 %

I think there ar elots of people who do not use the 1-10 scale properly..

this example is much different than a TV show.. but..
                            I am a chronic pain patient and every time I go to the doctor or get treatment, they ask what is my pain on the scale today..

I can say with full knowledge and experience as a pain sufferer that I have been at 10. If it wasn't 10 then it was extremely close within a fraction..

I have seen people claim they are at 10 that looked like they didn't even have a hang nail... or a small boo-boo.

It kinda outrages me when people that may have some pain, as I cannot tell as I am not a god, but they did not look like they were in distress and anything above a 3 will show distress in a person even if they have pain killers in their system. A person in pain will show reactions and have tell-tale signs of pain.

My worst pain was an operation that went bad and the acid from a cyst that was removed from my pancreas broke oepn and the acid and joiuces poured into my guts on the operation table, and with full necratizing pancreatitus I ended up spending six months in the hospital fighting for my life with complications and infections..

I had a Dilaudid and Morphine (extreme pain killers) pump being pumped directly into my arteries.

Before the pump, I would rely on nurdes to bring a shot and give it to me at sertain times. They wil refuse to give it to you if it is over a certain dose, or the nurses are too busy with other patients. You can lay there screaming until the nurses get the time or the pharmacy hasn't filled the presciption. This can go on for hours screaming and flailing, and crying..

I cannot even begin to say what a ten feels like to someone that has never experienced it. But yet people will respond to the 'on the pain scale, what is your pain at?' with a high number, yet sit there, yawn, and read a magazine.

Now taking a one to ten scale and asking how was that tv show, like what was said, a ten is pretty hard to acheive.. but if someone feels it warrants a ten, then maybe they were just totally blown away, or want the boost the score... but the scale and answer can be abused..

But, there is no other way to gauge what people feel, unless you can read minds. But at least in the medical field, there are more signs of proof than just an opinion form a tv show.. unless each viewer was hooked up to a computer that sent back live bio info to the main computer and SGU headquaters..

IMHO

My Story:
                            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                              I think there ar elots of people who do not use the 1-10 scale properly..

this example is much different than a TV show.. but..
                              I am a chronic pain patient and every time I go to the doctor or get treatment, they ask what is my pain on the scale today..

I can say with full knowledge and experience as a pain sufferer that I have been at 10. If it wasn't 10 then it was extremely close within a fraction..

I have seen people claim they are at 10 that looked like they didn't even have a hang nail... or a small boo-boo.

It kinda outrages me when people that may have some pain, as I cannot tell as I am not a god, but they did not look like they were in distress and anything above a 3 will show distress in a person even if they have pain killers in their system. A person in pain will show reactions and have tell-tale signs of pain.

My worst pain was an operation that went bad and the acid from a cyst that was removed from my pancreas broke oepn and the acid and joiuces poured into my guts on the operation table, and with full necratizing pancreatitus I ended up spending six months in the hospital fighting for my life with complications and infections..

I had a Dilaudid and Morphine (extreme pain killers) pump being pumped directly into my arteries.

Before the pump, I would rely on nurdes to bring a shot and give it to me at sertain times. They wil refuse to give it to you if it is over a certain dose, or the nurses are too busy with other patients. You can lay there screaming until the nurses get the time or the pharmacy hasn't filled the presciption. This can go on for hours screaming and flailing, and crying..

I cannot even begin to say what a ten feels like to someone that has never experienced it. But yet people will respond to the 'on the pain scale, what is your pain at?' with a high number, yet sit there, yawn, and read a magazine.

Now taking a one to ten scale and asking how was that tv show, like what was said, a ten is pretty hard to acheive.. but if someone feels it warrants a ten, then maybe they were just totally blown away, or want the boost the score... but the scale and answer can be abused..

But, there is no other way to gauge what people feel, unless you can read minds. But at least in the medical field, there are more signs of proof than just an opinion form a tv show.. unless each viewer was hooked up to a computer that sent back live bio info to the main computer and SGU headquaters..

IMHO

I agree that there are next to none flawless episodes. But people give it peripheral scores from various reasons.

For example they hate the show, so they'll wait till the rating is availble and vote 1 whenever it was good or bad. They will do everything to give it a solid kick down.

There is also other side. When Atlantis was announced to go cancelled, people were giving ten, desperately searching for ways to save the show, and thinking that high scores will help.

Here we have similar situation: people who hate - 1

People who see the ones who hate the showand give 10 to pump the score.

People like you and me who give the score based on our personal feelings and judgement are somewhere in between.
                              sigpic

Comment

So far All the Episodes were kinda Boring, but Episode 8 (Time) i give a 10/10 and i nearly gave up hope to even last Another Boring Episode.

Do the Producors come to this Board and how or where do they see the Ratings the Person gives for them to see.
                                Last edited by daventry; 15 November 2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X