Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    Spoiler:
    Sure...but the most likely nemesis that we are facing...the Lucian alliance...would likely not have the numbers to put that kinda hurt on a 304. And they likely do not have access to the advanced mother ships of the System Lords like Anubis. And the Jaffa are mostly friendly so I doubt it has anything to do with them, and even they got their butts kicked at the hands of the ORi and still have diminished numbers.
    Spoiler:
    The problem with that is context. We have no idea how the 304 was attacked. How many ships were there. What system fell first? It all depends on the strategy that was used. History has shown with the proper strategy you can defeat an enemy who is more powerful. Also bear in mind if the Asgard beam weapons were disabled in say sucker punch attack those "Goa'uld vessels" would be a match for the 304. FInally if you want to assume its the Lucian Alliance they have dozens and dozen of Hat'aks, More then enough for a 304
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I know....
      I do so love when Trailers do that
      Yup, just goes to show people not to trust anything from trailers
      also... Chloverload!
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Spoiler:
        The problem with that is context. We have no idea how the 304 was attacked. How many ships were there. What system fell first? It all depends on the strategy that was used. History has shown with the proper strategy you can defeat an enemy who is more powerful. Also bear in mind if the Asgard beam weapons were disabled in say sucker punch attack those "Goa'uld vessels" would be a match for the 304. FInally if you want to assume its the Lucian Alliance they have dozens and dozen of Hat'aks, More then enough for a 304
        Spoiler:
        Good points for the most part, if the 'General Hammond' was surprised...well it should not even be there if it does....
        They do?

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Yup, just goes to show people not to trust anything from trailers
          also... Chloverload!
          Its like how people were getting all angsty and concerned and loling when Mitchell said "Weapons to Maximum" in the AOT trailer...and then he was just making a joke.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Good points for the most part, if the 'General Hammond' was surprised...well it should not even be there if it does....
            They do?
            Spoiler:
            Given their influence and power in the Milky Way I don't see why not.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its like how people were getting all angsty and concerned and loling when Mitchell said "Weapons to Maximum" in the AOT trailer...and then he was just making a joke.
              I don't know if I ever saw that trailer
              Hey, you now own page 500!

On the second viewing, I noticed the bit with lots of lens flare I find lens flare funny due to hanging out on the SGW forums a bit...
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Given their influence and power in the Milky Way I don't see why not.
                Spoiler:
                YEah but the Ori owned them, SG-1 practiced guerilla war on them, and most of the ships at the end of the main hostilities with the Goa'uld fell into the hands of the Jaffa from everything that I have gathered about the show.

Comment

I don't know if I ever saw that trailer
                  Hey, you now own page 500!

On the second viewing, I noticed the bit with lots of lens flare I find lens flare funny due to hanging out on the SGW forums a bit...
                  What do you know? I do
                  Heh. Like ST I think...

Comment

Spoiler:
                    YEah but the Ori owned them, SG-1 practiced guerilla war on them, and most of the ships at the end of the main hostilities with the Goa'uld fell into the hands of the Jaffa from everything that I have gathered about the show.
                    Spoiler:
                    The thing is that we don't know how the split occurred. We don't know how many ships to the Jaffa and how much the Lucian Alliance accquired. And so what if the Ori owned the Lucian Allaince. They also owned the Jaffa and us as well and yet we both have plenty of ships. Who is to say they don't know how to make more ships
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Also, silly Eli, he thought he was being helpful with his closing comment but instead he
                      Spoiler:
                      jinxed them For a fan of science fiction shows he should know better than to say things like "It can't be worse..." ahahahahahahha

Comment

Spoiler:
                        The thing is that we don't know how the split occurred. We don't know how many ships to the Jaffa and how much the Lucian Alliance accquired. And so what if the Ori owned the Lucian Allaince. They also owned the Jaffa and us as well and yet we both have plenty of ships. Who is to say they don't know how to make more ships
                        Spoiler:
                        True...though our fleet is still realitvely small...talk about brown water navy

And another thing that was going on was there not some indication that the Lucian alliance was also in the middleof its own Civil War?

Comment

I'm posting on the 500th page.

I just wanted to do that

Comment

Also, silly Eli, he thought he was being helpful with his closing comment but instead he
                            Spoiler:
                            jinxed them For a fan of science fiction shows he should know better than to say things like "It can't be worse..." ahahahahahahha
                            fan of anything really

Comment

In truth, we know nothing of
                              Spoiler:
                              how the GH got damaged,
                              just that it did.

Comment

In truth, we know nothing of
                                Spoiler:
                                how the GH got damaged,
                                just that it did.
                                Spoiler:
                                Actually we do not really even know that the George Hammond was that badly damages, just that it was leaking sparks like a sieve, and Carter was ordering them to head into hyper space in TWO MINUTES, that right there is an indication that what we saw might have just been more glits and drama then anything with real substance to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X