Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    Wetting the appetite is good now and then
    Nice Sig
    I know... I'm just bitter because I missed it
    Thanks
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      I know... I'm just bitter because I missed it
      Thanks
      I see

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        *resumes nature documentery*

Now observe how the rabid fan craddles to his information. Its like an appendege to him. Without it the rabid fan goes into depression. When we return I will show you what happen when a rival fan challenges the fan's territory. You are watching Fan Cam.
        How dare you challenge my territory?! Clearly, you are not a true fan!!!!11eleventy-one11!!

Oh, and Update!

Hey! Friday and Monday are production holidays! I’m always the last to know.

---

[While Joe talks about the best and worst anime titles he's encountered...]

Star Blazers: One of my very favorite titles for an SF series. Next to Stargate: Universe of course.

[...]

Glass Fleet: Okay, let’s hope to God those shields hold! I’m immediately reminded of the running gag in the writers’ room whenever someone mentions SGU’s seeder ship. “So these cedar ships,”says my writing partner Paul, “were they really the best the Ancients could come up with? You’d think they’d have gone with oak or pine maybe…”

---

Rich S. writes: “You mention the markteting man Grey Munford doing a wonderful job, but I haven’t seen a single thing in the UK, zip , nada, nowt…….”

Answer: Hey, Rich – Grey actually responded to this one himself. He writes ‘Mr. Robert Carlyle is coming to town and an onslaught of SGU promotion is coming with him. If he still feels the same way in a month, then we’ll talk.

Iamza writes: “Probably a stupid question, but if Destiny is seeding the far side of the universe with Stargates, is there some kind of robotic stargate installer that sets up a platform prior to gate installation? or is Destiny strictly a gate address quality control device?”

Answer: Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the question. The specifics of how the seeder ships actually seed a planet have yet to be revealed. However, it’s safe to assume it’s an automated process that involves the planetary establishment of both the gate and platform.

Sherry Harris writes: “The pics of Brian J Smith are my favorite!”

Answer: Okay, Sherry. Just for you.

Brian J. Smith eating noodles!!!

Sherry Harris also writes: “Also, I predict the Cowboys are going to suck and the Raiders will finally get to the playoffs!”

Answer: That would make me very happy – and Exec. Producer Robert Cooper miserable. Just for that, here’s another one.

Brian J. Smith smiling!!!!

Bailey writes: “ Many of us have been feeling left behind/left out of this entire SGU experience. (Ex: not a single SGA character so far in SGU but quite a few SG1 folk)”

Answer: Given the circumstances of where the characters from SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe are situated at the time of the SGU premiere, it makes sense for some of the SG-1 crew to be involved. On the other hand, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to include characters from Atlantis given that they’ll have their hands full with “more pressing concerns” from the of Enemy at the Gate, through Stargate: Extinction, and on.

Silver_comet writes: “I don’t like SGU. Period.”

Answer: Impossible. You can’t like something you haven’t seen yet. Maybe you don’t like the snippets or trailers you’ve seen to date, but you can’t “not like” a show that hasn’t even aired yet.

StClare writes: “Joe M im confused thats the first time ive seen a definate “atlantis wouldnt have continued anyway wether SGU was made or not”

Answer: Actually, that’s not what I said. I said that SGU would have gone forward regardless of Atlantis’s fate. In other words, it may have been picked up, it may have been cancelled, but the decision would not have impacted or been impacted by Stargate: Universe.

St.Clare also writes: “As for the promotion MGM & SCIFI seem to be hitting it harder than they ever did for SG1 or Atlantis.”

Answer: I disagree. There was a huge amount of promotion in the lead up to the Atlantis premiere.

Idylioness writes: “Is it known yet if SGU will also be available on Hulu, like the wonderful Warehouse 13, and if so, will it be closed captioned (again like W13, but not like the SG-1 eps, which makes me sad)?”

Answer: Sorry. No idea.

AJT1982 writes: “1. How far behind the Seeder ship is the Destiny? Are we talking a few decades/ centuries/ millenias?

2. Are we to assume that the Seeder ship lands on each planet?

3. We know it manufactures the gates, but does it also manufactur the ramps that lead up to the gate?

4. Where does the Seeder ship get the resources from to manufacture all of these gates?”

Answer: These are all questions that will eventually be answered on the show.

gemgem writes: “Is it wrong of me to think that SGU is trying too hard to be completely different to what we all know and love about stargate???”

Answer: That’s the assumption of some fans but as someone who has been privy to everything we’ve shot to date, I can honestly say that much of what fans have loved about Stargate will be present in Stargate: Universe.

Gracey also writes: “I can’t tell, who the heck is being shot out of the gate at high speed in the promos…”

Answer: That was Exec. Producer Carl Binder. The guy really knows how to make an entrance.
        More photos:

Why does this remind me of one of those emo music videos?
        Exploring the Destiny

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-and-mailbag/

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          PG, cheer up and get reporting on JM's latest posting. It's been up for ages, but I got distracted by troping related activities after I got to the first picture.
          Haha! Me too! I was reading the CrowingMomentofAwesome page.

Comment

heh. I was on various WMG pages. And for some reason, Jack Thompson.
            i was surprised (yesterday, when I discovered the WMG part of TVTropes) at the severe lack of Wild Mass Guessing about SGU.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Air has leaked? **** it..... i'm gone now till October TTFN

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                Air has leaked? **** it..... i'm gone now till October TTFN
                No, Air has not leaked. A tiny bit was briefly available from the syfy youtube channel. Assuming it's actually theirs.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

*peeks in* It hasn't? Might just stay around now.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Nah, it was just a 5 min clip, not highly critical, just a few saw it, and I think the buzz is over.
                    And I just gave myself an avatar, figured I might as well. Haven't noticed the one around And it seems fitting.

The clip was bracketed by the syfy animation (we've seen it a lot lately) and had the syfy logo on the whole thing so it did seem intentionally put together. Maybe they accidentally made it available a few weeks sooner than they meant. Or it could have been done to create a bit of positive buzz, who knows?

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Ha, still your luckier than I am. It was loading so slow I only got to watch half of it before my my mom kicked me off cause it was late, that corridor collapes with Matt and Chloe was the las thing I saw. Also has air been leaked let?
                      Last edited by major davis; 04 September 2009, 09:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Read back a few posts.No leak.

Just a trailer that I missed.Yet again.My positive buzz is slightly dimmed by that...
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Well the pain of seeing half of it is greater than seeing none of it. . Well the clip had some battle sequences from Icarus and I think it showed the whole dialing the 9th chevron thing.
                          Last edited by major davis; 03 September 2009, 04:36 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Read back a few posts.No leak.

Just a trailer that I missed.Yet again.My positive buzz is slightly dimmed by that...
                            I thought they were saying it was just 5 straight minutes...
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Spoiler tags davis
                              Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Well the pain of seeing half of it is greater than seeing none of it. . Well the clip had some battle sequences from Icarus and I think it showed the whole dialing the 9th chevron thing
                              Spoiler:

Actually the wormhole was never dialed
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Jel I would sell my soul to you if you could find a way to show me the rest of the clip
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X