Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    He has a death wish?

This is new.
    He is a Physics major. Surely a death wish was expected
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's good to see JM responding to the recent rumour reaction.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Linkity link?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Aye, I've just read his new blog entry.

EDIT: link JM's Weblog
          sigpic

Comment

JM says :

More shocking for me than the fact that fans had actually bought into this hearsay was the infantile behavior of some – supposedly mature adults taking advantage of internet anonymity to curse and name call like a bunch of children. Really, folks, it’s embarrassing. I am embarrassed for you. This is the sort of behavior that gives fandom a bad name, giving those outside the community the fodder to marginalize, belittle, and lampoon. Sure, go ahead and criticize the creative all you like, but when you start leveling personal attacks against the show creator – a guy who has worked tirelessly to produce 15 years of a franchise you all feel so passionate about – on the basis of an unsubstantiated rumor, you cross the line from spirited fan to raving loon. Were members of your immediately family severely injured? No? Was your livelihood threatened? No? Oh, a movie isn’t being made as quickly as you’d like. Gotcha.
            Word.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It the venom she carries in her fingernails. Maybe that is why you had a desire to marry Pan PG15.
              I can't resist me some good, ole' fashioned venom!

*Goes off to read JM's blog*

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                That is not very consoling.
                I'd venture to guess it's 50% consoling?

I thought everything in those trailers was from "Air". No?
                Don't think so, as the clips of them:

Spoiler:
                In those crazy suits on the icy planet are from "Water"

They had filmed 12 episodes before Comic Con, so I think it's safe to say that not all of the trailer footage is from Air? Just my guesses though

Originally posted by Pandora's Box
                JM says:
                Word
                I totally agree
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  I can't resist me some good, ole' fashioned venom!

*Goes off to read JM's blog*
                  But its not ole' fashioned venom. It new venom is kind of like New Coke
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That only means that there will be ole' venom in the very near future, as soon as new venom fails to gain grounds in the market!

Comment

Indeed. So I suggest Coronarch starts producing more of his venom
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Man, the mods must HATE us for doing this all the time. I gotta say though, I wouldn't be this "inspired" in, say, the Cantina thread or any other off-topic, "anything goes" thread...maybe it's because we're not really allowed to do this here? It's a danger, an adrenaline rush of the, uh, saddest degree.

Anyways, apologies to the mods for making the last 3 pages a complete off-topic mess. Still, you gotta admit...you laughed a bit, didn't you? Eh, mods?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Anyways, apologies to the mods for making the last 3 pages a complete off-topic mess. Still, you gotta admit...you laughed a bit, didn't you? Eh, mods?
                          I certainly haven't had that much fun in a while. Some of those posts were downright hilarious, and some even pertained to a topic

Speaking of the topic, here's something:

How do people (generally) feel about character death? Would this bother you on SGU? Are you okay with minor character death, but would prefer the main characters were spared?

I'm just curious, as I've seen this referenced in various threads before, but I'm not sure what a general consensus might be.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            How do people (generally) feel about character death? Would this bother you on SGU? Are you okay with minor character death, but would prefer the main characters were spared?

I'm just curious, as I've seen this referenced in various threads before, but I'm not sure what a general consensus might be.
                            I have no issue with character death be it minor or main, especially considering the survival aspect of the show. In all fairness id be a bit disappointed if at least either 1 main or 1 high profile recurring character didn't die by the end of season 1/first few episodes of season 2 (if there is one). Imaging Lost if none of the main characters had died in the 5 seasons to date, given the survival aspect on that show.

Comment

I'm on pretty much the same page as Madwelshboy. I think that given the situation they're in, no character deaths/suicides would probably disappoint me more than anything else.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's sad to see characters go, but it certainly has it's place. Handing out plot shields to the main characters seems artificial after a while.
                                Of course it ruins it if you know who's going to die beforehand, or if you know they'll get brought back somehow. The 'no one stays dead in scifi' thing kills a bit of the emotion, you know?
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X