Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, why isn't there an uproar about the fact that there will be

Spoiler:
    Lesbian intimate scenes

Am I the only one that cares about this? Or does the majority of people not care?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post

Spoiler:
      Lesbian intimate scenes

Am I the only one that cares about this? Or does the majority of people not care?
      Personally, I don't care...
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Lesbian intimate scenes

Yes
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Yes
          SO its just me.
          Spoiler:
          So everyone cares about a disabled person having intimacy and then no one cares about gay on-screen intimacy
          sigpic

Comment

I need your opinion, I mean I just don't want any bedroom scene, especially
            Spoiler:
            the lesbian one
            , to be drawn out or unnessecarly gratuetous.
            And my opinion is that I don't expect Stargate will start doing raunchy, gratuitous sex scenes at this point in time. I mean, they might...but I don't think they're about to change that aspect of Stargate....though maybe they will. In any case, I won't really care...as it'd be like, 30 seconds long at most. They have more important stories to tell during the course of a 42 minute episode.

We have some pretty conclusive concrete facts, and its in that i have my problems.[
            As I said before, I think the only real conclusive facts we have are that there will be several romantic scenes spread out over the course of the first season. I see where you're coming from, in a way, but I really think TPTB know a little better than people are giving them credit for.

Ok for one im not attacking SGU and you have no reason to defend it. I just said I don't like some scenes that we know are going to happen.
            This is fine, I just think it's pointless to get worked up over a scene before you've seen it

OH and no offense but the example you made about different races was kinda a bad example.. no offense.
            I won't derail this thread into that sort of debate. It's happened too much on this forum, so PM me if you want about this.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

SO its just me.
              Spoiler:
              So everyone cares about a disabled person having intimacy and then no one cares about gay on-screen intimacy
              I don't care about either. I think both are present very interesting stories to tell, and very powerful character moments (both positive and negative).
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

SO its just me.
                Spoiler:
                I personally don't care about...
                Spoiler:
                a disabled person being intimate or a gay person being intimate
                ...its no big deal
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I personally don't care about...
                  Spoiler:
                  a disabled person being intimate or a gay person being intimate
                  ...its no big deal
                  Neither do I, I was more talking about the

Spoiler:
                  intimate gay scenes
                  sigpic

Comment

Why should I? Its no worse then a straight one.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Look, MD, you don't have like everything in a show. If you find this aspect of SGU offensive, then it's offensive to you and that's it. Feel free to turn away if and when they show these scenes. Very simple.

Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Look, MD, you don't have like everything in a show. If you find this aspect of SGU offensive, then it's offensive to you and that's it. Feel free to turn away if and when they show these scenes. Very simple. Nothing to worry about.
                        Thats what I do when they show the nude Sha're scene in COTG
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Why should I? Its no worse then a straight one.
                          You don't think its grosser. Well it kinda comes with my beliefes as well. PM me if you want to know more. No really please do. Im asking you but i don't want to force you into this situation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Look, MD, you don't have like everything in a show. If you find this aspect of SGU offensive, then it's offensive to you and that's it. Feel free to turn away if and when they show these scenes. Very simple.

Nothing to worry about.
                            I wouldn't say offensive, just something I really don't like(and in one of the cases what to me is sinful) starts to turn up in your favorite show that is mostly usually clean. I will turn away, no biggy, im just kinda bummed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
                              Why wasn't Christina Cox cast in SGU? It's a shame! Shame I say!
                              Because she's on Defying Gravity... which is pretty good btw, and she's been good on it so far.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

You don't think its grosser. Well it kinda comes with my beliefes as well. PM me if you want to know more. No really please do. Im asking you but i don't want to force you into this situation.
                                Not really. I mean seriously in a sex scene how much do we really see. Just two people moving around under a blanket. Its not really going to put me off its a homosexual relationship. Being a heterosexual I would prefer a straight sex scene but its not like a lesbian one is gross me out.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X