Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    The alien in your avitar is one of the only few non CGI aliens we've seen in stargate, I didn't like it that much.

Hoping for something different this time around.
    I really liked that alien (shame we ne4ver got a species name), I am also a big fan of "guys in masks" as they can look allot better than CGI. The Unas masks from SG-1 were amazing and the Wrath make-up also looked awesome meanwhile that silicoon based CGI alien from Atlantis looked rubbish as did the Dragon from SG-1.

Therefore looking at the amazing new graphics in Universe I am hoping they can pull off some amazing looking CGI alien creations that can finally rival that of their past Mask and make-up designs.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I hope they are able to blend in the human/alien feel better though.

When that alien appeared (the one in your avatar) it felt like they just threw him in from nowhere. Up to that point in the show, it was 95% just humans... so it just felt a bit odd.

They didn't really fit into the realm of the show too. We have the ancients seeding the galaxy with life, everyone looks the same... then all of a sudden you see a crazy looking alien that looks like he popped out of Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        I hope they are able to blend in the human/alien feel better though.

When that alien appeared (the one in your avatar) it felt like they just threw him in from nowhere. Up to that point in the show, it was 95% just humans... so it just felt a bit odd.

They didn't really fit into the realm of the show too. We have the ancients seeding the galaxy with life, everyone looks the same... then all of a sudden you see a crazy looking alien that looks like he popped out of Star Wars.
        See I liked that, it made the show feel a little bit more "believable", that there would be other evolved alien races others than boring old Ancients and Goa'uld seeded humans. The random Aliens in SG-1 helped give the Milkyway some variety and more diversity, something Atlantis lacked.

However I do agree that they did look a bit "slapped together". Bit of Lobster here, bit of squid there, maybe some slices of ham on their cheeks... and done!
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

My god that was awesome some how my excitement has sky rocketed and it was high to begin with.
          The last part look like a movie trailer while the part look like stargate which i liked
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
            My god that was awesome some how my excitement has sky rocketed and it was high to begin with.
            The last part look like a movie trailer while the part look like stargate which i liked
            It really did. The trailer was so awesome I am on forum overtime as there's just so much I want to talk about now after seeing it. Which is actually kinda annoying since I told myself I would not spend too long on the Internet today, then BOOM, trailer!

... I am going to go watch it again.....

Edit: Are we sure they are Death Gliders attacking the base? As although they look similar they don't sound right, both gun blasts and engines.
            It also looks like the Destiny has its own for of Gliders? Maybe the original ones from where the Goa'uld got their designs?
            Last edited by MechaThor; 24 July 2009, 03:33 AM.
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Looks like Chloe's gonna be getting around a bit. Hoped they wouldn't do that with her character.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                See I liked that, it made the show feel a little bit more "believable", that there would be other evolved alien races others than boring old Ancients and Goa'uld seeded humans. The random Aliens in SG-1 helped give the Milkyway some variety and more diversity, something Atlantis lacked.
                Jup and Tenat, if I remember rightly. They were a funny pair

Anyhow, the guy who wrote that review we discussed a while back must have been watching a completely different trailer for some other show

Oh, and I definitely underestimated how far away the Destiny might be from Earth. The furthest known galaxy is IOK-1 which is 12.9 billion light years away. (or so we infer) Whether 'several billion light years' is more or less than that, we don't know, and I guess they don't know either.
                Last edited by Eternal Density; 24 July 2009, 04:46 AM.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  New Trailer now available!!

http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...48429391.shtml

That's what i call a trailer!!!!

Spoiler:
                  Eli's Star Wars line = classic stargate humor!
                  I love it!!!

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                  I know! The more I see about this show...the more I LOVE!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Just a thought, the guy who reviewed the trailer mentioned seeing the kino, can anyone else see it? I can't.

Comment

Isn't that a different trailer? They said something about it being 6 and a half minutes long. Maybe this is a shorter version.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                        Isn't that a different trailer? They said something about it being 6 and a half minutes long. Maybe this is a shorter version.
                        I believe that was the "sizzle reel"
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                          A 6:30 trailer? Where! Share it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, good point. Well we've seen the destiny, the stargate, just the kino and the shuttles now .

Comment

Wotsit said on the other page that there was the 6 and a half minute trailer which would end up online, and the sizzle reel which will be shown at the event.

Comment

well apparently the sizzle reel is awesome, according to Brian J Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X