Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    By the way, I'm dreading they day when I accidentally write Density instead of Destiny, but I know it's inevitable.
    That's totally never happened to me....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post

By the way, I'm dreading they day when I accidentally write Density instead of Destiny, but I know it's inevitable.
      That has happened to me before. I just write another post connecting PG15's faults to the Rush character since they sound famliar.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think I'm especially likely to get it wrong. As if it's my density. My density has popped me to you.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Question, if the ancients never intended to be abroad the ship, at least not for a very long time, why did they install shower rooms and a place to grow plants?

The layout of this ship seems more comforting then Atlantis, which was actually a place they had people stay.

A bit odd.

It's like having sleeping rooms and showers on a 304. Just feels out of place.

I know it's for the show, but was just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            The people who write science fiction can challenge anything they want, there being that pesky thing of freedom of speech and all. Whether or not it changes your mind is completely up to you. Whether or not you even listen to it is completely up to, but you shouldn't attempt to deny a person the right to freedom of speech.

What makes your right to have that belief anymore right or appropriate than someone else not having it?

But that is not the case for everyone. Again, why is that belief more important to respect than any other?

It's fiction first and foremost. Don't forget that.

You rock my world, you know that?
            Ok apparently you misread some of my earlier posts cause I stated several times That it was basically proving any religion wrong that bothered more. Grantedi would be more frustrated if it was Christianity, but even if it was another religion, I would still be severly disappointed in TPTB.

Ps. Are we cool? Like you're not mad at me are you?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Ok apparently you misread some of my earlier posts cause I stated several times That it was basically proving any religion wrong that bothered more. Grantedi would be more frustrated if it was Christianity, but even if it was another religion, I would still be severly disappointed in TPTB.
              I suppose I just don't see it as proving the religion wrong.

Ps. Are we cool? Like you're not mad at me are you?
              Why would I be mad at you? That's silly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                End? No, the debate doesn't end here. Fundamental disgreements is just another option, one that we must all face. The grey rain-curtain of this forum rolls back, and all turns to silver glass; and then you see it: white shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Anyways, I was all ready to antagonise you further because, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's people who take themselves so very seriously (and that refers to people of any belief); these people deserve to be mocked IMHO, and mock them I do and oh-so-enjoy. However, your apology says a lot about your character, and I respect that; so I'll just say this: even though it looks like I made fun of Jesus, it doesn't mean I don't respect your faith; this is how I show respect, with jokes and harmless jabs. If I didn't respect something, then the jabs wouldn't be harmless, trust me.

I recognize that people of Christian faith take their religion seriously, but for me, personal belief is that which is core, and that no matter what other people say, you still believe it, and there is no loss of faith, ever. If other people denounce it, or make fun of it, the response is not to tell them to stop or shut up, as that is an intention to silence the voice of another, and that is bad. Instead, just tell them that you disagree; or, if you have time to kill and the will to do it, start a debate with them like I usually do.

This is what I believe.

By the way, I wasn't hoping that Christianity is called fake; I'm just saying that the writers are free to do as they please with theri own show and if they want Jesus to be an Ancient, then so be it. It's fine that you want to pretend Stargate is real and all, but at the end of the day it's not and you can't expect the writers to write like it is.

New Zealand is missing on the Homeworld Command logo.

I am quite aware of that, yes.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
                True you wernt actually making fun of Jesus, you were just wishing he was an ancient in a tv show. So sorry bout that. Oh and I wasn't taking myself seriously, I just don't really like it when people poke jokes about Jesus dying on the cross for nothing. I mean that was a serious sacrifice. Joke about my standards or whatever. Just I hate when people make light of his sacrifice. Like I know you didn't. Oh and I understand if you don't believe what I believe, and that's cool, you have a right to believe that. Just when you insult others beliefs in a joking way is not cool. Like that to me crosses the line. And so far no one has crossed the line so it's cool. Like if you said "well Jesus must have been drunk, that's why he died for something he didn't need to", to me those are the jokes that cross the line.

Well hope that helps,
                Major D. Davis
                sigpic

Comment

Sounds fair.

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Question, if the ancients never intended to be abroad the ship, at least not for a very long time, why did they install shower rooms and a place to grow plants?
                  Actually, I don't think the Ancients intended to leave the ship unmanned for a long time; they just got busy with Ascension research; they would've boarded the ship when the time came I reckon.

And, of course, it's better to be prepared.

Considering that those ships have permanent crews, I'm guessing there ARE sleeping rooms and showers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

The layout of this ship seems more comforting then Atlantis, which was actually a place they had people stay.

A bit odd.

I know it's for the show, but was just wondering
                    I think they did stay on the ship for long periods of time.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

New Trailer now available!!

http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...48429391.shtml

That's what i call a trailer!!!!

Spoiler:
                      Eli's Star Wars line = classic stargate humor!
                      Last edited by Madwelshboy; 24 July 2009, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Yeah that trailer is so Awesome as it reveals so much....

I put them in spoilers so that people can get a chance to watch it themselves...

Spoiler:
                        - The Destiny looks amazing, it looks powerful and functional yet artistic which is great
                        - Seems they took the two Asgard suits from Atlantis with them, awesome
                        - Desert and Jungle planets
                        - Icarus base looks sweet, so I guess its not on the Moon after all. However someone needs to put a railing up by that cliff, XD
                        - Either the Goa'uld or the Lucian Alliance are the attackers, always nice to see Death Gliders shine again
                        - Shower rooms and kissing,
                        - That stupid fairground light onto of the Gate makes me angry, looks so stupid
                        - Appears as if the Universe gate has a Shield like the one on Atlantis
                        - RDA is back
                        - I can't wait the show looks amazing
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          Yeah that trailer is so Awesome as it reveals so much....

I put them in spoilers so that people can get a chance to watch it themselves...

Spoiler:
                          - Seems they took the two Asgard suits from Atlantis with them, awesome
                          Spoiler:
                          Assuming that the suits aint of Ancient Design and were located on the Destiny. The PG Asgard could have easly adapted them for their own needs

If the quality of the CGI, sets etc in the trailer is anything to go by, SGU will look amazing and better than anything we've seen from SG1 and SGA, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Assuming that the suits aint of Ancient Design and were located on the Destiny. The PG Asgard could have easly adapted them for their own needs

If the quality of the CGI, sets etc in the trailer is anything to go by, SGU will look amazing and better than anything we've seen from SG1 and SGA, IMO.
                            I just hope they do the CGI Aliens they are talking about as well as the Ships look. Both SG-1 and Atlantis seemed to struggle with CGI Aliens looking realistic and non-"shiny".

Spoiler:
                            Also, although the suits do kinda match that era of Ancient technology I would much rather it remain Asgard technology as it was by far some of the coolest Asgard tech we have seen to date. and for me it would take away the coolness and uniqueness of the Lost Tribe Asgard if they make them suits Ancient technology.
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                              I just hope they do the CGI Aliens they are talking about as well as the Ships look. Both SG-1 and Atlantis seemed to struggle with CGI Aliens looking realistic and non-"shiny".

Spoiler:
                              Also, although the suits do kinda match that era of Ancient technology I would much rather it remain Asgard technology as it was by far some of the coolest Asgard tech we have seen to date. and for me it would take away the coolness and uniqueness of the Lost Tribe Asgard if they make them suits Ancient technology.
                              The alien in your avitar is one of the only few non CGI aliens we've seen in stargate, I didn't like it that much.

Hoping for something different this time around.

Comment

ide quite like something that is a mix between CGI and "real" aliens
                                SG-1 members
                                Atlantis Team members

Comment

Working...
                                X