Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather J.J. Abrams makes more in the vein of Alias - that was a weird show but fun.

[edit] Oh, and http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-gate-room/
    Lots and lots of set photos!
    Last edited by Eternal Density; 14 July 2009, 06:04 PM.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Back in mid-January, I visited Stage 4, what was to be the Destiny set, for the first time. Construction was well under way and the ship was taking shape: gate room, control interface room, observation deck, quarters, and corridors. My first reaction upon strolling through the work-in-progress was: “Wow!” And then, my second reaction was: “They’ll never finish in time!”

Well, happily, they did, and it was fascinating to watch the process develop, from those early designs through construction to the finished product.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-gate-room/

SGU Gate room pics
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Haha, pretty cool. It's pretty fun to see the in-progress look of the gate room.

Hopefully there's a bunch more pictures coming. I'd love to see some behind-the-scenes of the cast
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          I'd love to see some behind-the-scenes of the cast
          There's been some great occasional b-t-s pics of some of the cast members, so I agree that more would be welcome
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
            There's been some great occasional b-t-s pics of some of the cast members, so I agree that more would be welcome
            I think it's pretty awesome that we finally get to see John Scalzi on the set in that entry. I think he'll make a good creative impact on the show.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Just a wee mod reminder

This thread is to discuss and speculate about Universe, not a place to whinge about other fen.

and I'm not even going to point out the sheer childishness of first discounting the poll on the site as 'sad little fans' rigging it, then folks here trotting off to do the very same thing.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I posted in the 'SGU: Comic-Con 2009: Send your Syfy questions this way' thread saying this:
                I posted a question. Who knows if it will be answered or not...I thought it was a pretty valid question.
                Question for the SGU Panel: Although the series will focus more on the characters and their development, it has been mentioned that there will still be the occasional alien interaction. Will the unplanned expedition encounter and interact with at least one alien species some time during the first 10 episodes of season 1?
                I posted as Orion Antreas.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Loving the look of the Destiny gate room!!!

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                    Personally, I view Brad Wright as the 'George Lucas' of the franchise. While he initially didn't create the overall idea of the Stargate, he expanded on the franchise so much that without him, there wouldn't be anything but a movie that many would have went on to forget probably. (Same with George Lucas. If it wasn't for him, there would be no Star Wars.)

Just like my view with George Lucas, I can't think of anyone better than Brad Wright as long as he is alive and breathing, willing to carry on Stargate.
                    George Lucas is a hack. The best thing that could happen to the Star Wars franchise now would be for someone else to have a go at it, but he'll never let that happen. With SGU Wright seems to be going bold new places, and I think the franchise will be bigger and better. I can't say the same for Star Wars, considering what Lucas did to it.

Comment

Just got to comment on the franchise reboot topic.

They could always make a live action version of Stargate Infinity....

Don't hit me!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blufeenix View Post

Don't hit me!!!!

Hahahaha lol live action
                        Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Don't hit me!!!!

I think i just threw up a little in my mouth.
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                            I think i just threw up a little in my mouth.
                            *Hands a can of Redbull that should wash it down lol*

Comment

Don't hit me!!!!

*throws 100 gallons of green jello on blufeenix*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                *throws 100 gallons of green jello on blufeenix*
                                *Throws 200 gallons of green jello on blueenix* lol

Comment

Working...
                                X