Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGU - Gary Jones - WormholeRiders: Vancouver Con Report:

PlayItGrand at WormholeRiders now has the complete Gary Jones Vancouver convention report available with some tidbits from SGU and Gary's scenes with RDA.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I've forgotten nothing! I already reported the post to the mods; it's them who's slow.

(Don't kill me, mods)

EDIT: Ah, see? It's changed now.

Comment

Back in early February, Carl and I wandered down to Stage 5 to check out the work in progress. After 11+ years as Stargate Command - gate room, control room, briefing room, and General’s office - it was finally undergoing a complete transformation. The control room and gate room, once separated by fictional wall, glass, and sliding blast doors, was now an open expanse, a metal walkway running from the nerve center directly through the gate. The surrounding corridors and control room had been given a new paint treatment, with touches of protruding rock suggestive of a rough and recent off-world construction. The upstairs briefing room had been emptied of its SGC trappings. Gone was that old table that served us well for countless years, chipped and scratched in so many places that directors were forced to choose their camera angles judiciously. The vast window that once looked down on the gate had been walled up. In a few short days, it would be a dining area. And, a month after that, the headquarters of Homeworld Command.

I was admittedly wistful. After all, I’d written for those standing sets for seven great years and, suddenly, they were gone. But eventually, as the new sets took shape, that initial melancholy gave way to excitement at the prospect of the upcoming Stargate: Universe series and the third SG-1 movie. Over the course of the next few weeks, the sets were finished and, as impressive as they were on those casual strolls, they were ten times more impressive once properly lit and engaged. And then ten times more impressive than that when we first saw them in dailies.

For now, I leave you with pics of the early stages of construction, Stargate Extreme Home Makeover - Phase 1.…
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...o-icarus-base/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I love the look. The last photo made me really happy. I like the look so far from what I can see.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Notice what he said about Homeworld Command? Very, very interesting!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

so aparently because im not tearing sgu a new a**hole and defending it on the forum,i can only be BW or the other ptb....because they are the only people rational enough to not crucify something before seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                so aparently because im not tearing sgu a new a**hole and defending it on the forum,i can only be BW or the other ptb....because they are the only people rational enough to not crucify something before seeing it.
                I saw this and responded...but my comments will likely just fall on deaf ears again .
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  I saw this and responded...but my comments will likely just fall on deaf ears again .
                  that's why its best to leave them alone.

Nice to some pics!!

Comment

See the following Twitter updates for updates on the location filming in Alamagordo, New Mexico:

SGU - Brian J. Smith Twitter Update May 3 '09

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=33

~~**~~**

SGU - David Blue Twitter Update May 3 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=83

~~**~~**
                    Last edited by morjana; 05 May 2009, 12:09 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - Craig Engler (SciFi) Twitter Update May 3 '09:

Recent updates from Craig Engler's Twitter site include:

Just had a nice chat with robert cooper about universe. The sets are amazing btw.

11:10 AM May 1st from TwitterBerry

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

just hit me, what if the icarus base was on the planet where the two ships were designed, created and launched from and as such has lots of ancient tech and a special dhd

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          just hit me, what if the icarus base was on the planet where the two ships were designed, created and launched from and as such has lots of ancient tech and a special dhd
                          That has been a thought among many fans. It is possible. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                            That has been a thought among many fans. It is possible. We'll have to wait and see.
                            I never thought of that. Cool idea though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              I never thought of that. Cool idea though.
                              I've seen the idea around the SGU section a few times. It is interesting and possible.

Comment

Its very possible that Icarus is set on the Original Launch Pad of the Destiny and Seeding ship, that would explain the location of the base, one question will Daniel be the one that discovers the ships existence and if this is so, where did he get the info, on Atlantis ???

Comment

Working...
                                X