Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the new information in the new article, I'm slightly less not caring about Universe. I had always thought it would take place millions of years ago with the Ancients. P90's ARE STILL IN STARGATE (well, the pilot at least)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
      I wonder if there will still be English speaking humans on these new planets?

(I'm sure this has been speculated on before, but this is a huge thread )
      Considering the Ancients never followed the ship to seed whatever galaxy it's in, it would be logical that the stranded team should be the only humans in the show. Unless we meet the race that seeded life in the Alteran/Ori galaxy.

Odds are the aliens will speak english though, or they rip off Farscape and have the ship carry personal universal translators.
      "Each and everything in the universe is nothing other than the perfect manifestation of the essential nature. If you realize this fact, you will find that your own self nature exists in completeness, from the beginningless past into the endless future."

Comment

Originally posted by fammann View Post
        For me it sounds more like they are aiming for a battlestar galactica like character driven plot.

I very much look forward to this.
        It'll probably be more character driven, but not BSG-like. They'll never go that dark or depressing.

Comment

Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny, but only for a brief period of time before carrying on with its pre-programmed navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.
          (from http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/stargate-univer.html )

This sounds bad to me, if it means that there will be no recurring enemy or ally and that all aliens will either disappear after a few episodes or join the main crew.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
            (from http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/stargate-univer.html )

This sounds bad to me, if it means that there will be no recurring enemy or ally and that all aliens will either disappear after a few episodes or join the main crew.
            Wonderful. Their going to make it up as they go along. Just get some new writers if your tired of writing SG and go do something else.

And the whole science is ridiculous.

Why would the ship's scheduale be fixed gate per gate, woldn't it be so much easier to arrive in a galaxy, stay there untill you got all the info you need, then move on? Since it's automated i can understand it going from gate to gate, but it's was suposed ot be stafed eventualy, so why would they force the crew on such a tight timeframe?

Y'all know what I think of the ship name already.

Comment

Groan. At least when Atlantis was at this stage of development I was excited and intrigued - Universe just makes me cringe the more I hear about it. I don't think I'll even watch the pilot at this rate.

I do not honestly think this pitch could sound worse. All the very worst aspects of Star Trek (which in my opinion was never that brilliant anyway) with none of what actually made Stargate stand out from the sci-fi crowd.

"Universe will continue the Stargate legacy of vibrant storylines and compelling adventures, but will re-invent the format in a whole new way."

Universe will attempt to appeal to a broader audience, drawing new viewers into the Stargate world. The show will be "a little more character-based, a little less rooted in a sci-fi mythology," co-creator Brad Wright told GateWorld.
              I don't know about the rest of you (but having read many recent posts, I can guess pretty well...) but that was truly, really, absolutely, not what I wanted to hear.

I know, I know. I shouldn't be judging it this early - but see the above comment on Atlantis. Okay, SGA never lived up to its potential for me, but it was still pretty good - and looking back on it now it's approaching it's end (telefilms notwithstanding), it wasn't that bad.

Every new bit of information about Stargate Universe just makes me weep and hug my SG-1 boxsets that little bit more...
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Same here, it's like they took the lack of plot SGA presended in later sesons to extreme.

Edit: Nice sig.

Comment

When I read the plot I actually had to laugh a little bit..."younger generation" It sounds a lot like the 100th episode of SG1 where they had the all young crew skit. NOW they are doing it for real.

and appeal to a younger generation? Uh...why? Stargate hasn't been around THAT long that they need to even do that. lol
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

This will be the official logo? I am so happy they ordered it. But I am sad because of Atlantis.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

This will be the official logo? I am so happy they ordered it. But I am sad because of Atlantis.
                      Purple?

lol, nice overall. But............... purple?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

I love this logo! Unfortunately, I love it much more than any spoiler I have read about SGU so far.
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Universe, Darren....when is there going to be a new GW section?

Comment

Originally posted by Atrus View Post
                            We don't think that a storyline, or a story "universe," should ever end, per se.

That pretty much disagrees with it - to do a BSG kind of story you got to have a projected end in sight, no matter how much padding you manage to stuff in the middle. Somewhere, even if the universe goes on and spin-offs are born, the original story has to end on a definite note. Otherwise it's like saying that you're writing the Lord of the rings but never actually plan for Frodo to go to Mount Doom so you can keep churning out sequels.
                            If it has an end or if it is open ended has nothing to do with if it's character driven.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Purple?

lol, nice overall. But............... purple?
                              Oops. I was very sad yesterday ( ), but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I am still unhappy with the fate of Atlantis.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Vespasianus found this banner:

Last edited by Platschu; 22 August 2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X