Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just keep thinking Sliders when i see somthing about universe, perhaps somthing like that but with the gate? i don't know...

Comment

Im not big on speculating. However, Stargate Universe does make curious. But it in no way tells me Sliders. Ive learned to have faith in the writers and crew.

Spoiler:
      After they blew up Prometheus i was like 'I CANT BELIVE THEY GONE DONE THAT! NO WAY! but after awhile i realized how kick ass it looked.

But if i must speculate, im guessing that theyll be going somewhere further out then we've ever been. What if you left the 'known' universe and saw billions of others. That would be a kick ass idea for a TV show. Grant it goes with the 'Multiverse' theory. But hey, this is SciFi ladies and gents.
      Dark and Dreary and Terribly Dead - Walking into Heaven without a Head

Comment

I wouldn't mind a parallel universe exploration scenario. As long as they come up with an interesting twist on it, of course, done properly it could be a fun show.
        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
        sigpic
        My fics at my site
        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Right, so the series working title is "Stargate Universe" (which will probably change to something else, as it is just a working title), and it deals with the ninth chevron.

I think it's this way

7 chevrons for another planet
          8 chevrons for another galaxy
          9 chevrons for another universe (NOT a parallel universe).

They will figure out how to get a nine chevron lock, a team will volunteer to go through, and get stuck in another universe. The series will basicaly be about that team hopping planets in an unknown universe, trying to figure out how to get home. Each planet they go to will have some major issue for the team to deal with, and along the way they will gather more gate addresses from the locals of each planet, in hopes that one of those addresses will lead them somewhere where they can find a way home.

Almost like an extreme version of Atlantis Season 1, without the Atlantis.

Comment

STARGATE: SLIDERS

STARGATE: VERSE

or

STARGATE: MULTIVERSE

or

STARGATE: PARGATE
            http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
            sigpic
            My fics at my site
            Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
              How about Stargate: Deep Space (Chevron) Nine?
              Sounds good to me;-) And if there is a ship involved, maybe they could call it defiant...*lol* I loved DS9.
              sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
              Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Great, now i have to follow 3 series..

Is good though!

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                  9 chevrons for another universe (NOT a parallel universe).
                  If it's not a parallel universe, then that doesn't really make sense because a universe by definition means another universe can't exist.
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Good news! I think the 9th chevron allows travel to any place in the known universe. When you come to think of it, its function can't be much different from the 7th and 8th chevrons. Besides, the Ancients had better devices to time travel (jumper), and to go to alternate realities (mirror). As someone suggested earlier, it would be cool if the Tau'ri learned the 9th crevron's purpose through the Asgard legacy. I still think the Stargate program should be disclosed, though. Then again, if the new series is based in a galaxy far, far away, it really doesn't matter if the program is revealed or not.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like Legacy...but I think we could do with more info on the show first.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Stargate : New Beginnings ?

Although i am also a fan of Stargate : Legacy

I wouldnt mind if it stayed Stargate : Universe tbh it doesnt bother me that much.

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm betting that the 9th chevron will send you to another Universe. I don't mean an alternate reality/parallel universe, but a whole entire other universe outside of ours.

This is science fiction, and there is no reason to assume that ours is the only universe in existence. Just because we have no way of seeing it doesn't mean it's not there, a far, far distance out from the edge of our own universe.

We'll see, but no matter what, I'm excited that Stargate will live on (and on and on and on and on and on, I hope!!)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                            If it's not a parallel universe, then that doesn't really make sense because a universe by definition means another universe can't exist.
                            u·ni·verse(yn-vûrs)
                            n.
                            1. All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.
                            a. The earth together with all its inhabitants and created things.
                            b. The human race.
                            3. The sphere or realm in which something exists or takes place.
                            4. Logic See universe of discourse.
                            5. Statistics See population.

that was the first definition of "universe" that I could find on google. It doesn't say anything about meaning "only 1 universe".

It just means that all the stuff in our universe is united together making up 1 whole universe. It does not preclude the idea of other universes existing outside of ours.

I looked up the meaning of the prefix "uni" and it does mean "1", but "1" in the sense of the word universe means that all the stuff that is in the universe together is 1 whole big thing.
                            Last edited by upinout; 25 March 2007, 07:07 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

Maybe the 9th Chevron will add a time calculation.

We know the gate is capable sending matter back/forward in time so maybe by controlling it with the 9th chevron, a team would be able to go back and forward at will.

Or perhaps it will be dimensional, as other peopel have mentioned.

Comment

Another universe wouldnt necessarily mean a parallel universe. Each universe could be like a island in the vast interdimensional void. I like this idea because it implies that not only did the ancients not come from this planet or galaxy, they might have come from another universe! How far would u run to get away from the ori.

It is very Draeni-ish and the Exodar ship from WoW.

Comment

Working...
                                X