Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, such hostility at the name. Oh well, I'm neither here nor there on it.

But unless its been specifically and exactly mentioned somewhere, then god only knows how many other galaxies the Ancients have been to. Especially since it seems to take no time at all to go from one galaxy to another by ship. Who knows how many other galaxies there are out there with stargate networks, or at least a stargate or two. Plus, the gates have 9 chevrons anyhow, only 8 of which have ever been used in the series thus far. I doubt the 9th is there just for decoration (and anyways, they'd have better symmetry with just 8).

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      Stargate: Sliders? is that what the 9th chevron is for?
      That's it! SGU could employ the 9th Chevron! Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
        I have only one question: How long before they announce that Sam Carter is the main character?
        My thoughts exactly.

Two steps forward three back.

Comment

why do I have a feeling they'll use the stargate to travel to alternate universe almost like "Sliders"
          the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

A Goa'uld !! show !!

An explorer show like sg-1 on another world !!

A team/crew on that cool high tech ship of theres =/ idk

A show that has daniel on it!!!! or ford !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great title or not, I'm very much looking forward to the possibilities of this new show. Personally, I can't wait to hear more about it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

why do I have a feeling they'll use the stargate to travel to alternate universe almost like "Sliders"
                the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Here is my idea:

At the end of Ark of Truth the Stargate Program is to be shutdown FOREVER as their last act...the ENTIRE Cheyenne Mountain Staff and Employees go through the Earth gate for the last time....to another Universe....via the 9th chevron possibly....this IS a one-way trip ALWAYS....NO CHANCE OF RETURN EVER EVER EVER! Like SGA Season 1 part 1 but STAY THAT WAY!

Comment

I just hope it doesn't end up being Stargate:Voyager where one of the ships get stranded in another universe.

Comment

If it's purely ship-based I'll be disappointed.....but I'll probably still watch anyway. I stopped loving SG-1 roundabout season 6, but I still watch it. I do hope though that it's something entirely new, not having to do with anything from the previous series' *coughAsurans/Replicatorscough*

Also, the working title for "Sacrifices" was My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding. Just a little fun fact.
                      MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1 View Post
                        You posted that twice.

And you know you may have something there. By golly how original too, they just might do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx View Post
                          If it's purely ship-based I'll be disappointed.....but I'll probably still watch anyway. I stopped loving SG-1 roundabout season 6, but I still watch it. I do hope though that it's something entirely new, not having to do with anything from the previous series' *coughAsurans/Replicatorscough*

Also, the working title for "Sacrifices" was My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding. Just a little fun fact.
                          I agree that quality started to decline @ S7, but Lost City is among the best. S8 wasn't great overall, but its 2nd half was amazing. S9 was dissapointing to say the least, but there were a handful of goodies in there. S10 started out weak (aside from the season opener & midseason finale), but picked up @ the end. Still S2-6 had the most consistent good quality.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Holy ****! 9th Chevron man!

And I thought I wasn't a tech geek; my subconscious proved me wrong.

Comment

Well...the 9th chevron is definately involved.

And you can quote me on that.

Comment

Personally, I didn't like S2-5. There were some good ones, but I just don't like them. S7's Lost City is definitely among my favourites.

My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding? Interesting...

Overall, I love the concept for Universe, but I hope they have a better title. I mean, Universe is..a bit strange, but still okay. I thought that they were talking about Stargate Worlds..that game they were making. BTW, did the game get cancelled?

Can't wait to meet the cast, and discover what the 9th chevron does!

LOL. I hope they have *new* enemies that don't remind people of enemies in SG1/SGA, but that's pretty hard...

Comment

Working...
                                X