Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a huge stargate fan. Loved both SG1 and SGA, have then all on DVD, own the bluray sg1 movies. Im not here to start a fight with what im about to say..so please keep the fanboy-ism down..since im a SG fanboy too I just want an intelligent discussion.

Having said that, while I enjoyed season 1 of SGU, I have to say that I dont have the same enthusiasm for the show and episodes that I did for the previous shows.

To me Stargate was about a couple of core concepts. Cool alien tech, ability to travel through a stargate (hence the name for gods sake) and explore new socities, meeting new alien species, learning about the ancients...

So far SGU has these sorta as token items just so they can keep the stargate name. We get to use a stargate to go to alien planets..but on a time limit and so far not one planet had a civilization really. We got to see ONE new alien race trying to take over the ship..but before we can even learn about them, Destiny left the galaxy.

I understand that this was suppose to 'shake things up'. That they were trying to get the same critical acclaim and neilsen numbers as BSG..be more character centric and not be same old same old. But you can only take so much whining, and complaining, and woe is me. At times its like 90210 in space. I mean..i get it..yey..you squeezed a thumb tack in ur hand enough to have tears for what ever your crying about now. Good for you.

And now the alliance is stuck on the ship with them and what do we have? We go from BSG to Star trek voyager. Alliance vice Maquii. Im sure there will be some forced tension (the same un-natural feeling one from the mutiny that occurred earlier with some back stabbings here and there) but in the end they are gonna have to work together. Big surprise.

I dont know. Im not saying its a bad show. ITS NOT. I have been entertained. But it just doesnt FEEL like STARGATE. It has some elements of it to keep the name. A trip through the gate here..a cameo by Oneal there...

I will say so far the episodes that Ive enjoyed the most were the ones where the aliens were trying to take over the ship. Why? Cause those moments were when I got the nostalgia back of the show being a scifi show and stargate-y instead of a 90210/ The OC drama filled Fox program.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      The thing that sucks is its actually a logical ending to the storyline, but they wasted a huge buildup in order to cram the rescue into the episode. I would have rather seen the episode 17 slot dedicated to bringing the team back to the destiny and have sabotage run its course without Chloe, Eli, and Scott.
      Spoiler:
      I still don't think that bit is done. I don't see James as having been responsible for the sabotage other than as a tool used (through Franklin). When the three come back and say that they just thought the crew found some way to dial back in, I see that as being more likely and with the S2 spoilers
      Spoiler:
      I'm wondering if Rush even then had found a way to sabotage the drive, using what control he had of the ship, in order to make sure that Eli got back
      So, maybe not so neat, tidy and convenient after all
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        The ending to Lost was very good. But how they resolved Scott,Eli, and Chloe from returning was very easy and way too convenient
        yeah, but still better than a wormhole drive
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          +1.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            +1.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

+3

Comment

x100.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

sigpic

Comment

+1.
                    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    +3
                    x100.
                    Holly Hop Drive...oh sorry. Wrong show. I'll get my coat.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

End of discussion.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

The ultimate answer: 42.
                        The ultimate question: 6x8.

6x8 = 42?

The universe is flawed. End of discussion.

Comment

/0

End of discussion.
                          sigpic

Comment

The correct answer is 46.
                            sigpic

Comment

Pfft. Every number equals 47. Therefore, end of discussion.

Also...

+1.
                              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              +3
                              x100.
                              THIS IS SPARTA!!

Comment

^-iπ

Hmm, pi looks lame in this font
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X