Continuum for S/J shippers SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
    I'm not sure about Ba'al but Jack doesn't look at Sam. But I don't take this as a bad thing, Jack's not going to want Ba'al to know that Sam's the reason he's feeling "Good" it's like he's very deliberately staring at Ba'al so his eyes don't flick to Sam during it. But I think you might be right about Ba'al. I think his eyes do flick over, but I'm not 100% sure...

overall not a very helpful post really!
    Oh I think you're right. I think Jack makes a very concerted effort *not* to look at Sam. You can almost see him force himself not to glance her way and to keep himself totally focused on Ba'al.

And Jenn...sorry, forgot to quote you...I was just going to say: I wonder if Ba'al, through his many sources, might not have more intel on Jack's life than we might otherwise be aware. Or maybe on Sam's, considering she's had more face time with him in the past two years than Jack has. *shrug* And while I'm sure his smugness comes from his knowledge of the failsafe device and what's really happening, it does seem to bleed over a bit in his interaction with Jack, which is why I wonder just how much he might know about them, really.

Probably just shipper vision, though.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      And Jenn...sorry, forgot to quote you...I was just going to say: I wonder if Ba'al, through his many sources, might not have more intel on Jack's life than we might otherwise be aware. Or maybe on Sam's, considering she's had more face time with him in the past two years than Jack has. *shrug* And while I'm sure his smugness comes from his knowledge of the failsafe device and what's really happening, it does seem to bleed over a bit in his interaction with Jack, which is why I wonder just how much he might know about them, really.
      You make a good point, especially considering the way Ba'al's organization had infiltrated the DC establishment. So, realistically, he might have come across the info that way.

Yeah, I'd buy that. I mean, I'd really buy that. Would be surprised if he hadn't, come to think of it.

Comment

good point Jenn, as you say he's never seen them together, and in Abyss it was Kanan not Jack that Ba'al was most interested in, so it's not likely something that Ba'al had picked up during the torture sessions (unless it was information from another tortured prisoner... )
        Sorry APA that still doesn't answer your question though!
        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
          I wanted to make sure we were good with the time first. Everyone agreed with Sunday, 5pm EDT, 10 pm UK? That way the Aussies can play too. I'll post late tonight on the S/J thread unless we want to do it next weekend so VSS can play too.
          Good for me! Looking forward to it! But also happy to postpone to the same time next weekend if VSS would like us to

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
          Oh I think you're right. I think Jack makes a very concerted effort *not* to look at Sam. You can almost see him force himself not to glance her way and to keep himself totally focused on Ba'al.

Probably just shipper vision, though.
          No, I agree with Jenn and Aveo, I could buy this. It would be a very Baal thing to do. Gonna have to go stick the DVD in now to see if I can see it!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay, APA - I'm here!

Because I didn't see any ship of any slightest bit in Continuum, I want you to try to convince me. Because despite wanting to see it, I didn't see anything beyond what the entire team feels for each other as friendship. Please?
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
              Okay, APA - I'm here!

Because I didn't see any ship of any slightest bit in Continuum, I want you to try to convince me. Because despite wanting to see it, I didn't see anything beyond what the entire team feels for each other as friendship. Please?
              Yay! And Welcome!

I know there are a lot of pages here, but start at the beginning and read some of our initial thoughts and check out some of the screen caps for reference. Maybe by the time you make it to here, you'll see some of the things many of the rest of us have seen.

And if anything doesn't make sense, ask. I'm sure many of us will be happy to explain our rationale for why we see what we see.

Glad you decided to give it a try!
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, APA - I'm here!

i'd say the biggest s/j moment was when sam lost it after jack died and they escaped to that ship. when have you ever seen sam so broken up that she didn't know what the hayhoo was going on? *that's* my fave moment! *sighs*
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i'd say the biggest s/j moment was when sam lost it after jack died and they escaped to that ship. when have you ever seen sam so broken up that she didn't know what the hayhoo was going on? *that's* my fave moment! *sighs*
                  I'd go with that one, too. Not just because of the way Sam reacted, but also because of the 'feel' of that scene. I don't know what it was, but something just screamed Ship to me... Maybe the looks, or the tone *shrugs* *and sighs, too*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Okay, APA - I'm here!

Possibly for me, two moments stand out as showing Sam and Jack are together as a couple in some way or another.

The first is when Sam buys generic Fruit Loops with sad resignation. Because from what we know, Sam DOESN'T eat them, so her finding them significant and getting emotional over them shows that the morning rituals of Jack O'Neill have a sentimental value to her. Moreover, the fact that it's the example we have of Sam's mourning her former life in the montage where the boys are doing the same shows, IMHO, that Fruit Loops - representing Jack O'Neill - is the life Sam's missing.

And, a simple and subtle beat, but most of Sam and Jack's relationship has been built on such beats, I have a gif the subtext of which I've written on it I really do think is the subtext of the silent exchange (except the last statement is suposition):

Those are the two shippiest moments for me, beyond Sam and Jack's general air of comfort and lack of UST around each other, which is a stark contrast IMHO to the way they acted typically pre-Threads, especially as the tension mounted in S8.

Comment

Fruitloops /frootees...I get the same feeling/thoughts with this as Jack with the motorcycle in S9. We didn't know from Jack that he was driving motor...and not from Sam that she ate Fruitloops...

Both moments are shippy for me and scream that they are together now!

The difference is that Sam is sad on that moment while buying frootluips ...Jack on the other hand...satisfied (with the motor )
                      sigpic

Comment

points to sig, that's my favourite bit.
                        Although the froot loop bit is also one of my favs

APA, I think it's possible that Ba'al has a lot more info that we know about, with the Trust and the fact that Ba'al was on earth for a bit too. I wouldn't be supprised if he did know 'something'
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Fruitloops /frootees...I get the same feeling/thoughts with this as Jack with the motorcycle in S9. We didn't know from Jack that he was driving motor...and not from Sam that she ate Fruitloops...

Both moments are shippy for me and scream that they are together now!

The difference is that Sam is sad on that moment while buying frootluips ...Jack on the other hand...satisfied (with the motor )
                          In what episode was Jack riding a motorcycle? And how did I miss that? He's in, like, one or two episodes! LOL!

The fruitloops thing was pretty telling and Cam having to pull Sam aside and bring her back to the here and now. "I know what just happened back there, but I need you here." That's referencing something a bit more than just her grief over the loss of a 'friend'.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            In what episode was Jack riding a motorcycle? And how did I miss that? He's in, like, one or two episodes! LOL!

The fruitloops thing was pretty telling and Cam having to pull Sam aside and bring her back to the here and now. "I know what just happened back there, but I need you here." That's referencing something a bit more than just her grief over the loss of a 'friend'.
                            Nope, he's not riding a bike. He just talks about selling it in S9.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Nope, he's not riding a bike. He just talks about selling it in S9.
                              Damn. I'd like to see him riding one. . .
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

*nods and agrees with everyone on the shippiest moments*

I think, and I've said this before, that the reason I found Continuum so shippy is almost because of the lack of overt ship in the scenes where they're together. Sam and Jack are together and have been for a while, it's not a big deal for them, and I really think that comes across in the way they behave together in the scenes on the Tok'ra world.

But of course when Jack is killed, then it is a big deal for Sam, and the way she almost completely shuts down after they get through the gate shows how much of a big deal it is - Sam never doesn't know, never just talks about giving up, never looks quite that despondent.

So, in my mind, put the two together, and you get very shippy, IMO

The one thing none of you have mentioned just now (though loads way back in the thread) is the way Sam reacts to AU Jack - the way she almost drinks the sight of him in when they first meet and first get onto the sub, the pain she conveys when she realises that this Jack is not her Jack. AT conveys so well the devastation, followed by hope, followed by disappointment, and then resignation (froot loops!), and all of that is linked to Sam's feelings for Jack.
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X