X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
    replied
    i was re-watching the goa'uld scene and i am surprised they didn't bring back goa'ulds like Hathor, Heru'ur, Sokar, Anubis and Seth.
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 12 August 2013, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Not sure.. Perhaps he remembers, but the SGC is none the wiser.
    Otherwise they would LOVE to go to that planet praxis...

Leave a comment:

• Thoth89
    replied
    This is my first post, so I'm hoping I'm not repeating and apologies if I am.

At the end of Continuum we see the picture in Cam's locker and surely he knows that the guy in the picture is him? Or are we to assume that the story was passed on and that everyone knows that there was a big time travel event back when the Stargate was being taken to America?

Leave a comment:

• mrscopterdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It so sad to see SG1 end like this. Mostly because I really do not like Continuum. Thier is really no story until halfway throught the movie when Ba'al's fleet attack Earth. It was boring in the alternate timeline because nothing was happening but I will say that I liked alternate Landry's speech to SG1. And speaking of Ba'al, how dumb can he be? You would think he would know that people would question why he is knowledgable about a planet he has never been too. It seems like the made this cunning villian so stupid to fit the plot of the movie. Although I will admit I found the time machine idea of montoiring solar flares to be interesting and I liked seeing the return of Hammond and President Hayes. But like it seems a plot was rushed in the second half of the movie and they rushed in for a solution quickly with SG1 going to 1929 to fix the past. It really feels like a standard 43 minute episode expanded to a movie format. But the thing that annoys me the most is the discontunity of the Ba'al host surviving despite past information showing that System Lords hosts have used the sarcophagaus too much to live without a symbiote
    again, I agree with you. It was a good movie, but AoT was better.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Though was not the only one we noted that happening to Apophis??
    So? It was referenced more then a few times by the Tok'ra that is what happens to the hosts of the System Lords.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Though was not the only one we noted that happening to Apophis??

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    Bingo.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    So an advanced alien race that's mastered who knows how many different technologies (faster-than-light travel, shields, artificial gravity, energy weapons, mind control organisms, healing technology capable of resurrecting a dead human and so on) and can produce perfect adult clones complete with duplicated memories couldn't ever come up with or steal some technological means of rejuvenating the clones?
    If they could you would think they would do that to their own host bodies instead of relying of sarchopagus to heal themselves

Leave a comment:

• Snowman37
    replied
    Honestly, I think the whole host can't survive without a sarcophagus concept was abandoned long ago. Was it ever mentioned on the show after "Serpent's Song?"

Leave a comment:

• Sealurk
    replied
    So an advanced alien race that's mastered who knows how many different technologies (faster-than-light travel, shields, artificial gravity, energy weapons, mind control organisms, healing technology capable of resurrecting a dead human and so on) and can produce perfect adult clones complete with duplicated memories couldn't ever come up with or steal some technological means of rejuvenating the clones?

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    The clone would be based on the original Ba'al's cells and therefore hundreds if not thousand of years old so no the clones would have the same aging problem as the person who donated the original cells

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    But the thing that annoys me the most is the discontunity of the Ba'al host surviving despite past information showing that System Lords hosts have used the sarcophagaus too much to live without a symbiote
    The Ba'al that went through the extraction ceremony was a clone and therefore his body was only a few years old, just like his possession had been.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    It so sad to see SG1 end like this. Mostly because I really do not like Continuum. Thier is really no story until halfway throught the movie when Ba'al's fleet attack Earth. It was boring in the alternate timeline because nothing was happening but I will say that I liked alternate Landry's speech to SG1. And speaking of Ba'al, how dumb can he be? You would think he would know that people would question why he is knowledgable about a planet he has never been too. It seems like the made this cunning villian so stupid to fit the plot of the movie. Although I will admit I found the time machine idea of montoiring solar flares to be interesting and I liked seeing the return of Hammond and President Hayes. But like it seems a plot was rushed in the second half of the movie and they rushed in for a solution quickly with SG1 going to 1929 to fix the past. It really feels like a standard 43 minute episode expanded to a movie format. But the thing that annoys me the most is the discontunity of the Ba'al host surviving despite past information showing that System Lords hosts have used the sarcophagaus too much to live without a symbiote

Leave a comment:

• Jae'a
    replied
    My LiveJournal post

Way too awesome, loved it!
    And like Math Piglet says, just about everyone was there, (Jack, Hammond, Siler, etc) well, except for Jonas of course, but I doubt they could have found a way to fit him in anyway, so...

Leave a comment:

• Krisz
    replied
    A time travel story, so hooked for that reason alone. A pretty fun one, a chance to bring back all the Goa'uld with Ba'al in charge as a result of his ingenious time travel plan.

I liked how the movie continued the theme of Ba'al's odd fascination with Earth, how he decided that aspects of Earth culture was worth saving and enjoying. Probably the only one of Earth's enemies to actually realise how dangerous the Tau'ri were if they were given a reason to fight. He would not underestimate their tenacity, he took his time preparing.

Great idea of his getting Teal'c on his side and all the Jaffa with the promise of the 'free' nation. Shrewd and far sighted enough to know that the Jaffa would feel obligated to him and will help him. Of course he could never rely on the fickle nature of his fellow Goa'uld. You just knew they were all waiting for a chance to get him at some point, which Que'tesh did! Boy did she relish using that blade to cut him in half almost, somewhat ironic death for Ba'al, given his love of knives as a means of torturing and killing others!

The odd sense of detachment that the 3 members of SG-1, whose memories of the previous timeline were left intact was well done. Life was no longer as they knew it, and the very idea of returning it to how it should be in their view being blown out of the water by General Landry was a wonderfully played scene.

There was just so much to like about this movie for me. Jack for one! His role, though small was a great part of the story, and for a moment Ba'al does get to kill him, something I guess he'd wanted to do for a long time!

The scenes in the Arctic were amazing.

RDA had some fun stories about filming in the Arctic. (From notes I made from his panel at Gatecon Vancouver 2008)......

Q. Could you tell us about your experience of getting locked out of the hut when you were in the Arctic?

A. He was not going to do the movie at first but Brad said he couldn’t see making it without him in it.

Describing the journey there, “I lost my memory, it was so cold!” The wind was so strong the pilot was landing sideways. It was 62 degrees below zero! He also liked the fact that…. “The Navy let us borrow a nuclear submarine, very nice of them.”

Of the hut experience… When going to the toilet there was a pole about 50 yards from the hut…to hold on to, the winds in the Arctic were really strong. For #2 you had to brush a 3” snow drift off the seat in the hut then do business quickly or it just froze. “At 60 below it becomes a rock” He found out if you sat there too long the hook on the hut door froze and you spent more time in there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X