X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saliza
    replied
    Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
    Loved the movie! Felt just like an old Stargate episode. I too liked it even more than AoT, which I also loved

Like I said in another thread though, I wish there had been more scenes with Jack. Now I just hope that movie starring him will actually happen.

Jack: He is the last Ba'al, right? After all, that is why we're here. Why we had to endure all that singing. To get rid of the last bad guy. And then there's cake.

Jack: Have you ever tried to find a toilet in a pyramid?

Teal'c (looking at Ba'al): He lies.
    Jack (casually): He does that, you know.

I loved this movie! It made me realize how much i missed Jack and his sarcastic comments! He's the man! can't wait for the next SG-1 movie... I'm praying that they give us some Sam and Jack confirmation! I think almost 12 years of waiting is enough. woudn't you say???

Leave a comment:

• siles
    replied
    I'm not a fan of time-traveling episode with the exception of 1969. I hoped Jack would get a bigger part, but overall I'm disappointed with this movie. The best part was seeing Claudia Black portraying a magnificent Quetesh

Leave a comment:

• Pharaoh Atem
    replied
    so how old is ba'al is the alterate timeline??? i've been thinking about this for a while

cass

Leave a comment:

• raduzhok
    replied
    It's interesting because I didn't think I'd like Continuum because I didn't like AoT, but we rented it because it was SG and it turned out that we loved it!

Leave a comment:

• Shan Bruce Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
    Golly, this movie really disappointed me. I really miss the System Lords. Baal was never my favorite, and his plans for Earth was kind of weird.

What I hate even more is the silly Baal clone plot device so if they really felt like it they could bring him out of his grave again. I suppose that's why I didn't really care that the snake was flopping around on the ground.
    The fact that the timeline is restored seems like pretty strong evidence that there aren't any clones of Baal left.

Leave a comment:

• Amakusa
    replied
    Golly, this movie really disappointed me. I really miss the System Lords. Baal was never my favorite, and his plans for Earth was kind of weird.

What I hate even more is the silly Baal clone plot device so if they really felt like it they could bring him out of his grave again. I suppose that's why I didn't really care that the snake was flopping around on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Shan Bruce Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    Thankfully, what Amanda Tapping thinks is irrelevant...
    Yes... because if Sam had figured out a way to contact, say... Daniel when the Goa'uld attacked Earth that would just be ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• VSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Second viewing... hate this even more... I have spent the last few days watching some Atlantis and Stargate episodes... You have all these characters SG-1, Dr. Lee, Kavanagh, Landry, Walter coming and going... Continuum is just not part of that. It all never happened. I so hope there are more non-time travel to come. Universe: in a way I will miss all of the established stuff, if they really are stuck in th middle of nowhere.
    In general, I love time travel stories, but I also must admit that this was not the place for it if they were going to use the big reset button, which they don't always do in time travel. Although I understand they wanted a film that actually didn't incorporate all the history that you mention- they chose for it to be more of a stand-alone film. But for long-time fans it was, in the end, fun to watch but disappointing in terms of character development. Which, when you don't get to see them every week anymore, is something a lot of us would really like to see.

For me it was kind of frustrating to see O'Neill again but not come away knowing anything about what he's been up to for the last several years. That was a waste of precious screen time, IMHO. I bought the movie way back when but it's not going to be one I pop into the player over and over, because except for Ba'al dying, it's largely irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• leiasky
    replied
    Oh, by now, the actors have a bit of a say in some things regarding their characters.

Leave a comment:

• silly sally
    replied
    Thankfully, what Amanda Tapping thinks is irrelevant...

Leave a comment:

• Jumper_One
    replied
    Catsmeow writes: [...] “And along more fannish lines… 3. In the movie Continuum, after Carter, Mitchell and Daniel wind up in the altered timeline and are separated - do you really think the three of them obeyed the proscription against contact? Or do you think before they were separated they devised some clever & subtle ways to contact each other?”

AT: I think they are brilliant enough to have devised a way to stay in contact.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

Leave a comment:

• Opener
    replied
    Originally posted by amconway View Post
    I don't dislike the occasional time travel story. This one had some very interesting aspects, such as the moral implications of changing the timeline, as well as some really nice character monents for the whole team. It's also the only way we were able to see something of Qetesh, which was fun. Claudia Black did a wonderful Job portraying her. And being a show to which the military is willing to lend a nuclear sub? Priceless.
    Watched it again last night and I totally agree. It was a good movie. I like time travel stories, as long as the way the characters have been altered aren't relentlessly rammed down our throats, and this one delivered.

Leave a comment:

• amconway
    replied
    I don't dislike the occasional time travel story. This one had some very interesting aspects, such as the moral implications of changing the timeline, as well as some really nice character monents for the whole team. It's also the only way we were able to see something of Qetesh, which was fun. Claudia Black did a wonderful Job portraying her. And being a show to which the military is willing to lend a nuclear sub? Priceless.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Just watched this in BD HD and it looks and sounds awesome.
    Length was good and well paced. Never a dull moment.

But...

It was a time travel story and it all gets reset to near zero at the end.
    What a waste of time. No one is a friend; Hammond, Jack, Hayes, Landry all act like strangers...

And Ba'al...

If it was the Ba'al that died at the end; why do we assume the host is innocent and not a willing servant. Did he get his style from the goauld?

Stan

P.S. More please
    Second viewing... hate this even more... I have spent the last few days watching some Atlantis and Stargate episodes... You have all these characters SG-1, Dr. Lee, Kavanagh, Landry, Walter coming and going... Continuum is just not part of that. It all never happened. I so hope there are more non-time travel to come. Universe: in a way I will miss all of the established stuff, if they really are stuck in th middle of nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    really wow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X